Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 06-01-2014, 11:21 PM #1
faus7rav3n

DP G4 - Reg Adjustment STRIPPED!

Took the G4 out of the bag today. Stuck it on the chrono after bore sizing the paint. Tree-fiddy. I tried to adjust it down more and more, up and down, and it went no where. Finally dropped and stayed at 323 fps. Pulled the Reg, cleaned, re-lubed the guts, and re-installed. Still didn't budge when attempting to adjust it. Took a glance at the adjustment screw on the reg and saw shredded aluminum. That explained the lack of adjustment, because the reg threads were gone! Put her right back in the bag.

What reg should I get to replace the now defunct G4 reg? Hyper 3? AKA? Thoughts?

Last edited by faus7rav3n : 06-02-2014 at 11:09 AM. Reason: threads do not = screws
faus7rav3n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 06-02-2014, 12:05 AM #2
ZeerowCool

Same thing happened to my teammate. He ended up replacing the stock reg with a PE Violent SL3 (loves it). My backup is a used G4 that I'm considering adding a Dye Hyper 3 w/ 45 degree fitting to go along with the PE POPS ASA that I used to replace the stock DP ASA that did nothing but leak
ZeerowCool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 10:04 AM #3
faus7rav3n

I've seen a few Hyper3's w/NT grips installed on G4's. Look like they fit perfectly with the gun as if it were stock. It's high on the list for consideration, with several folks at the field recommending it. I won't be replacing with a stock DP reg. Never had a problem with the DP On/Off, in fact it's one of my favorite features of the gun. Almost all of my leak problems in that area stem from the macros.
Old 06-02-2014, 10:52 AM #4
smalltownkaos
Azodin Fan

smalltownkaos has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
smalltownkaos has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
smalltownkaos has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
if its just the adjustment screw, go to the hardware store and get another.
DP: Green G4...Green F8

LOOKING FOR A BLUE AZODIN ZENITH...PM ME
smalltownkaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 11:10 AM #5
faus7rav3n

Pardon my mistake. It was the actual threads of the reg adjustment, not the screw itself. Steel screw + Aluminum body does not a good match make.
Old 06-02-2014, 11:21 AM #6
sstiggy

sstiggy supports Team VICIOUS
sstiggy is attending Decay of Nations VI
Go with a Bob Long 360 reg
Old 06-02-2014, 03:33 PM #7
faus7rav3n

Is the BL360 any better? It sounds like internally they are based on a similar shim stack design. I can't find much on the consistency of the BL360 compared to the Hyper3.
Old 06-02-2014, 03:55 PM #8
CA_Tectonics

The 360 is a very consistent reg. The design is a little different than a DP reg and the "reg seat" design is very different that the G4.
7th Element board, TechT bolt engine, magnet trigger kit, REV-I PMD, Sly Dual Carbon barrel kit, Prophecy V2, Crossfire SS 68/4500
Black and Silver Dangerous Power F8
APE Rampage board, VS bolt, magnet trigger kit, F8 gauge, REDZ barrel kit, Halo B w/ Exalt feedgate, PMI 68/4500
Polished Aluminum and Red Dangerous Power F8
Virtue board, VS bolt, magnet trigger kit, Halo B w/ Exalt feedgate, PMI 68/4500
CA_Tectonics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 06:04 PM #9
sstiggy

sstiggy supports Team VICIOUS
sstiggy is attending Decay of Nations VI
Quote:
Originally Posted by faus7rav3n View Post
Is the BL360 any better? It sounds like internally they are based on a similar shim stack design. I can't find much on the consistency of the BL360 compared to the Hyper3.
The 360 & MacDev Gladiators are probably the most consistent regs other besides the AKA
Old 06-02-2014, 10:47 PM #10
faus7rav3n

The big issue right now that I have with the BL360 is clearance to the trigger frame. I don't think the macro fittings will clear without being on one side of the gun or the other.
Old 06-02-2014, 11:55 PM #11
CA_Tectonics

Quote:
The big issue right now that I have with the BL360 is clearance to the trigger frame. I don't think the macro fittings will clear without being on one side of the gun or the other.
I had to think about this for a few minutes but then just decided to find out first-hand - It'll fit with plenty of room:

7th Element board, TechT bolt engine, magnet trigger kit, REV-I PMD, Sly Dual Carbon barrel kit, Prophecy V2, Crossfire SS 68/4500
APE Rampage board, VS bolt, magnet trigger kit, F8 gauge, REDZ barrel kit, Halo B w/ Exalt feedgate, PMI 68/4500
Virtue board, VS bolt, magnet trigger kit, Halo B w/ Exalt feedgate, PMI 68/4500
Old 06-03-2014, 07:19 PM #12
faus7rav3n

This picture was a godsend and ultimately the decider. Ordered the BL360 at the DP Forum's recommendation in dust black and it shipped today! Thanks for the help all who commented. Looking forward to getting this and the Two Fat Guys Bolt installed!
Old 06-03-2014, 08:14 PM #13
CA_Tectonics

Quote:
This picture was a godsend and ultimately the decider. Ordered the BL360 at the DP Forum's recommendation in dust black and it shipped today! Thanks for the help all who commented. Looking forward to getting this and the Two Fat Guys Bolt installed!
Glad it helped you out.