Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 06-01-2014, 11:20 AM #1
mrobusto

Etha firing problem - really weird

OK so I'm going to try and explain this as best as possible. Haven't been able to play in a month. After my last time playing, I cleaned my marker out and relubbed as usual. Then I tested it to make sure everything was good. Everything worked properly. Last week I took my Etha out and just for ****s and giggles, turned the eyes off and tested how fast I could walk the trigger. I had no paint in or hpa hooked up at the time. I noticed that I couldn't actually hear, what I assume is, the solenoid valve opening and closing. The micro trigger was definitely being activated with each pull. I hooked up my hpa tank and heard a leak, but it still fired and after a few pulls, the leak ceased. So, everthing seems to be fine, but it's just odd circumstance. Has anyone seen/heard of anything similar and is it a precurser or symptom of a larger problem?
mrobusto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 06-01-2014, 02:22 PM #2
Jhult50

Jhult50 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
I believe the solenoid is air assisted, which means you will not hear a solenoid click when the marker is degassed. As long as it fired when you aired it up, you're just fine. As for the leak going away after a few shots, it was probably just an o-ring that took a few shots to be reseated.
Jhult50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 11:35 AM #3
mrobusto

Good point with the solenoid. What's the sound that I normally hear whenever the micro trigger switch is activated. There's an internal clicking sound that I no longer hear and I find it odd that it would suddenly stop.
mrobusto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 09:59 PM #4
Jhult50

Jhult50 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
This was posted by Jack Wood in another Etha solenoid thread:

Yes it is perfectly normal. The solenoid works off a combination of electromagnetic drive and air assist (once gassed).
With a most of the solenoids, if you have a brand new battery that is a decent brand you will get the solenoid to click every time as the charge being supplied by the fresh battery is enough to drive the internal mechanism on its own. However, as the battery level drops even slightly, when there is no "air assist" in the solenoid the battery cannot fully drive the mechanism every time you pull the trigger. However once the air is on the gun the air assist and the battery combine to make sure the solenoid funtions perfectly.

Hope that makes sense.

Jack
Jhult50 is offline   Reply With Quote