Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 04-24-2014, 12:34 PM #64
k00k151

whats the difference between gifting and paying the fees?
k00k151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 04-24-2014, 12:37 PM #65
k00k151

what do the fees usually cost?
Old 04-24-2014, 12:38 PM #66
k00k151

I wanna be able to use PM's
Old 04-24-2014, 12:41 PM #67
Chillanator

Gifting-No fees, no paypal protection.In the event something goes wrong when buying something, you are screwed if you gifted the payment.
Not gifting-2.9% fee of total plus $0.30 for each transaction, includes paypal protection.
Chillanator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 01:07 PM #68
mdkp123
Ego 08

Don't ever gift any money. That's just asking for trouble.
mdkp123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 12:42 PM #69
aquaman2689

aquaman2689 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
aquaman2689 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 08:39 PM #70
gruened

Ok
gruened is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 01:13 PM #71
vantrepes
The voices say I'm normal

vantrepes is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
The safest way to trade or buy is to use a third party.
When I was running MPP, and offered a third party service, I got a LOT of deals that started on here, then when it came time to confirm exactly what was supposed to be shipped, there was a lot of "Oh, I forgot to mention...." stuff.

"Oh, yea, that CP on/off bottom line isn't on it anymore, I put a Tippman duck bill on it instead, that's OK right?"
"I can't find the Dye Boomstick in the picture, so I'll throw in this PMI barrel instead, OK?"
"You know that marker I said was 'perfect' in my ad? I just went to air it up, and suddenly, it's leaking everywhere. It was fine before. Should be an easy fix, so you can take care of it, right?"

Those "oops, I forgot" things killed a lot of deals. A LOT of them.
Once a seller/trader knows the marker will be looked at before they get their stuff or their money, people become a LOT more objective on the condition of the item
I'd say an easy 50% of the times someone contacted me for a 3rd party, the deal died on the details. When the guy who was being less than 100% honest knew he'd be on the hook for the return shipping, and fees before his marker would be returned to him, he suddenly was a lot more open about things.

Hell, just talking about using a third party will scare some less than honest sellers away. They don't want the gun looked at because they know they aren't being up front about everything, so they refuse to use a third party. If you use one or not, someone flat out saying "I won't, even if you pay for it" would be a huge red flag for me. Same thing with Paypal, if you offer to pay the fees, and they still want a gift, don't walk, but RUN away from the deal. The only reason to want a gift is to either avoid paying the fees themselves, or to avoid being accountable when the item doesn't arrive. If you offer to pay the fees, and they still want a gift, you just eliminated the one honest reason they would want a gift, and only the dishonest one remains.
vantrepes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 06:43 AM #72
crazedtimmy
@CrazedTimmy

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcfan View Post
credit card. with a CC you get 30 days to fight charges if something goes wrong, bank transfers are the worst to do as you can only get help from paypal not your bank or CC company. So always pay the 3% fee and get the added protection and use a Credit Card if you can to get more protection if some thing goes wrong and paypal cant help you the Credit card company will have your back.
This is the only answer that should be pinned, and also, if you are not of 18 years old, you should have your parents use their CC, and consult them on your purchases as that is the Law.

There is nothing worse than being Under Age and being manipulated by some old bast*** trying to take your hard earned money. Use a Credit Card on all things online.
Total--> +152|-0
crazedtimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 06:52 AM #73
crazedtimmy
@CrazedTimmy

Annual Supporting Member
PayPal : Merch v.s. Venmo : Service/Transfers

If you know you can trust someone,

PayPal owns and operates a Fee Free Payment service called Venmo.

That is their way of collecting consumer data on small open ended Peer to Peer Payments, though there is no protection, so if you want direct transfers to bank without holds, etc, that is the way to send and move cash

Otherwise, for payments sent on terms of merchandise, you should only use PayPal and incur all there hostile fees. Though do remember that Credit Charges are protected though Visa and affiliated FDIC and card issuers. You are betting their money on that product thus they will protect you.
Total--> +152|-0
crazedtimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014, 02:47 PM #74
Josin

where do i find out the PP fee amounts?
Josin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014, 08:46 PM #75
liverlip

Annual Supporting Member
Fees are 2.9% plus 30 cents, per transaction.

][nvert User IS A THIEF
liverlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2014, 02:06 AM #76
SprayNPrey

SprayNPrey owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Im glad i read this was pretty confused on the whole gifting thing
SprayNPrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2014, 01:27 PM #77
splatter00

Annual Supporting Member
splatter00 plays in the PSP
splatter00 plays in the APPA D1 division
This is all not necessarily true. If you buy and sell a high volume of gear and markers, you as a seller have to claim gains on those profits and are hit by the IRS at the end of the year. They consider it a business, just like flipping cars.
I was hit last year with taxes on 2013 sales. So i only accept 5 regular payments a year, after that, they all have to be gifted.