Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 05-26-2014, 05:38 PM #1
TKtaka

Guerrilla Air 88/4500 and 70/4500

This is directed more towards taller and bigger players, such as myself (6'3) who have experience with both tank sizes. But all views are welcomed. I currently own a GA 70ci, but am looking for a tank that holds more air since I'm a back player. Haven't found any shops or players that have a 88ci which is why i came here. How does the size of the GA 88ci compare to a tank such as the Ninja 77ci? Is it too big? Any movement restricted? Do you preffer the 70ci or 88ci? Please, leave out any past GA regulator criticism except for the G3.
TKtaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 05-26-2014, 06:12 PM #2
tonycon
Knuckleheads Paintball

Annual Supporting Member
tonycon owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
tonycon owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
tonycon owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
tonycon supports our troops
tonycon is Legendary
tonycon owns a Planet Eclipse GSL
I played d-day with a ga 88/4500 on my lv1 last year. It was comfortable all day 8 hours of play and I am 6' tall. It is slightly longer than a 77 and larger in diameter as well.

Proudly Sponsored By:
PBExplosion VirtueSpire Valken Paintball

KnuckleHeads Paintball Team
Game footage
tonycon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 07:59 PM #3
hit_wiper

I'm 6'2" pushing 6'3" and use a GA 88/4500 as my main tank on my axe. I posted this picture in the ninja 90 SL tank thread to show the length.

The GA 88 seems to measure an inch more than what is listed (11.2" with reg), unless I was meant to measure from the base of the threads and not the top. This actually puts the 88 as almost the same length as the new ninja 90SL(12.25"). Obviously there is a difference in price but the 90 would give even more air.

As far as comfort. I personally like the 88 as my setup. I don't feel like restricts my movement except superman diving/sliding because it's a big tank to tuck into diving position if that makes sense. That doesn't really matter though since I rarely dive that way. For a back player who is tall I think it's a great tank. But I'm obviously bias.
hit_wiper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 08:10 PM #4
hit_wiper

If it helps here is my 88 vs a regular 68 with a ninja pro reg (a GA 70 seems to be similar to a regular 68 in length). The difference is pretty much the base of the myth reg to the top of the threads.

Here is a regular 68 next to a 77 that I found online.

Old 05-26-2014, 09:32 PM #5
TKtaka

Quote:
Originally Posted by hit_wiper View Post
I'm 6'2" pushing 6'3" and use a GA 88/4500 as my main tank on my axe. I posted this picture in the ninja 90 SL tank thread to show the length.

The GA 88 seems to measure an inch more than what is listed (11.2" with reg), unless I was meant to measure from the base of the threads and not the top. This actually puts the 88 as almost the same length as the new ninja 90SL(12.25"). Obviously there is a difference in price but the 90 would give even more air.

As far as comfort. I personally like the 88 as my setup. I don't feel like restricts my movement except superman diving/sliding because it's a big tank to tuck into diving position if that makes sense. That doesn't really matter though since I rarely dive that way. For a back player who is tall I think it's a great tank. But I'm obviously bias.
I believe you're suppose to measure from the base, just measured my 70 and had the correct measurement. Measuring past that point would be pointless because the threads go into your asa. Thank you both for your responses!
Old 05-27-2014, 12:12 AM #6
hit_wiper

Ok thanks. I measured the height of the threads, they are 5/8 of an inch. So it makes the tank 5/8 of an inch shorter than that picture. Which I believe makes its about 11.6" which is only .4 off which could be the differences in gel coats.

My bad I totally disregarded the fact the threads don't count because of the ASA. I knew something had to be wrong on my end.
Old 05-27-2014, 01:35 AM #7
TKtaka

Quote:
Originally Posted by hit_wiper View Post
Ok thanks. I measured the height of the threads, they are 5/8 of an inch. So it makes the tank 5/8 of an inch shorter than that picture. Which I believe makes its about 11.6" which is only .4 off which could be the differences in gel coats.

My bad I totally disregarded the fact the threads don't count because of the ASA. I knew something had to be wrong on my end.
Hmm, still sounds awfully off, are you sure your measuring correctly? I haven't run into a tank that is that far off the specs before out. Not trying to start an argument or offend anybody, it's just me making sure everything is correct.

And no worries, mistakes are normal, no that big of a deal. Glad I could also help you!
Old 05-27-2014, 11:46 AM #8
Gio24Dude
GUERRILLA & TIBERIUS REP

Gio24Dude works for a Paintball manufacturer
Gio24Dude is playing at Living Legends VII
Gio24Dude has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
From ASA to the bottom of an 88Ci tank from Guerrilla Air, it is 13 inches.

260-478-2500
service@tiberiusarms.com
2717 Ferguson Road
Fort Wayne, Indiana 46809
Gio24Dude is offline   Reply With Quote