Caliballin831 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 05-22-2014, 08:55 PM #44
sstiggy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caliballin831 View Post
Check in Friday?????
3 of our guys don't get out of school til after 3 so we won't be checking in Friday since we probably won't get to Sac til 7
sstiggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 09:05 PM #45
Caliballin831

^ I won't be in town till 9
Old 05-22-2014, 09:39 PM #46
sparklepaintball
Revenge of the Jedi

Schedules are up on APPA

Sacramento Ambition
sparklepaintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 09:47 PM #47
sstiggy

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparklepaintball View Post
Schedules are up on APPA
Really? A heads up that d4 was only going to be playing on Sunday would be nice instead if booking hotel rooms for an extra day at holiday rates

Last edited by sstiggy : 05-22-2014 at 10:37 PM.
Old 05-22-2014, 10:18 PM #48
Caliballin831

^ what he said
Old 05-22-2014, 10:45 PM #49
HINGEMAN

HINGEMAN is a Professional paintball player
HINGEMAN donated to help Peyton Trent
Hey guys the delay in the schedule was two fold. One team had an issue come up and couldn't make the event. This would've made the schedule unfair. As far as what teams play what days I hope you guys understand that we try to make these events as accommodating to everyone's work/school schedule as possible. With half of the teams paying 5 days ago we have no idea how the schedule will play out til it's honestly to late. If anyone has any questions you can personally email me at Aftermathmh54@yahoo.com feel free to ask away.

Thanks
Mike Hinman
Old 05-22-2014, 10:55 PM #50
HINGEMAN

Let me further explain the issue. D4 has 24 teams paid. 25 actually paid. One dropped out. This would of given us 5 brackets of 5 and one bracket would've only played 3 matches and probably sent a wildcard due to the attomatic bye. Instead we have 4 brackets of 6 and the 12 that make it will have to earn it. This doesn't seen like a big deal unless your the team that gets the 13th spot and doesn't make the cut because another team got lucky. I know it seems like people are being lazy but trust me when I say we are working day in and day out. I truly care about EVERY team playing in my league.
Old 05-22-2014, 11:44 PM #51
sstiggy

I can appreciate what you're saying, I think the issue is the schedule coming today and teams basically paying holiday rates for 2 nights when they only need it for 1, if it were out earlier or a heads up about the 1 day D4 schedule, rooms could have been cancelled without an extra fee
Old 05-23-2014, 01:11 AM #52
HINGEMAN

And trust me when I say the scheduling is out of our hands. It's not as easy as to hit generate schedule on an event like this. If it were I'd of had it out 5 minutes after we closed registration. I like you guys would wait anxiously to see my draw.
Old 05-23-2014, 01:20 AM #53
griffan2
Parabolic Paintball

Annual Supporting Member
griffan2 is Legendary
Im looking forward to watching this event for sure. Interesting seeing D4 set to sunday only but its not like it adds an unexpected cost to anyone, just one more day to watch how the layout plays for those who need it.

See you all out there and good luck!
griffan2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 01:23 AM #54
sstiggy

We missed the cancellation window, it was 4pm today, but were able to get them (the Marriott in Rancho Cordova via hotels.com) to cancel the extra night at no fee.
Old 05-23-2014, 01:29 AM #55
RedAkuma
Respect, give it get it

Annual Supporting Member
RedAkuma is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
RedAkuma plays in the PSP
RedAkuma supports our troops
RedAkuma is Boss
thanks mike for all you do, I know your doing the best you can for us (the players) see you soon. ps who's reffing?

Old Feedback 95 reasons to trust me
Feedback
"Originally posted by firefoxx04: Everything works awesome and just as described, thanks.
This guy is straight business no bull ****."

Dm14, Luxe, Marq, Victory, Rotor. extra parts all for sale

Super End of Summer SALE, All for Sale or trade

Ninja SLP Crossfire 45/4500 For sale
RedAkuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 01:39 AM #56
HINGEMAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedAkuma View Post
thanks mike for all you do, I know your doing the best you can for us (the players) see you soon. ps who's reffing?
Reffing is the same refs from Vegas MINUS two refs that received multiple complaints. As always we grade the refs at the end of every event and the ones that act like ***** or underperform are fired and not brought back
Old 05-23-2014, 08:44 PM #57
navigator
Roth

has been a member for 10 years
navigator plays in the PSP
navigator owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
navigator plays in the APPA D4 division
Looking forward to see who wins D2 (NorthWest Allstars) this league seems to be a really great league.. GoodLuck to all you west coast teams this weekend....
navigator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 10:36 PM #58
Unboundphoto
Unbound Photography

WCPPL event #2 kicks off in the morning

Just take a look at the 2 new fields that have been constructed in just under a month!

You can check out the rest of the images here - Unbound Pro Photo

Unboundphoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2014, 12:03 AM #59
pbstar1792
SevenHundredThirtyFour

pbstar1792 plays in the PSP
pbstar1792 plays in the APPA D3 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unboundphoto View Post
Just take a look at the 2 new fields that have been constructed in just under a month!

You can check out the rest of the images here - Unbound Pro Photo

Is that turf? It looks weird as hell
pbstar1792 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2014, 11:06 PM #60
sstiggy

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbstar1792 View Post
Is that turf? It looks weird as hell
It seems like field turf (like a football field) when they slide...or attempt to, you can see the black filler come up
Old 05-26-2014, 03:12 PM #61
sstiggy

The fields were ok, they definitely needed to be worked more before the event, the black fill was sitting on the turf in 100+ temps baking all day and was pretty sticky, I think watering it down before games started would have helped, field 2 seemed a lot worse than #1 for the amount of fill on the surface
Old 05-26-2014, 04:28 PM #62
Dirtynerd9
Dirtynerd

@sstiggy I agree with field two being hotter than field one. The only thing you can do to help reduce the heat is take out as much rubber as possible. The rubber holds heat, so yes more rubber means more heat.

However, the more rubber you remove, the less traction the turf has. Everyone who has played in vegas knows how slippery their turf is.

So you give a little to take a little.

----------------------
As for the event:
I thought things were ran much better than the first event. A big thank you.

Pros:
Referee Consistency (Per Field Basis, not both fields combine)

Plenty of Snake side spectator areas.

Cons:
Scheduling (Playing all prelims and finals matches on the same day in high heat is tough, but none the less feasible)

Referee Strictness (I felt that field 1 had strict refs, which is good, but for lower divisional teams that are still learning, it can be a negative thing)

Spectator Seating (I know all paintball events are pretty much bring your own everything, but some kind of benches would be nice for future events. I'm aware this is a paintball park issue, not the event itself)
Dirtynerd9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 04:47 PM #63
sstiggy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtynerd9 View Post
@sstiggy I agree with field two being hotter than field one. The only thing you can do to help reduce the heat is take out as much rubber as possible. The rubber holds heat, so yes more rubber means more heat. However, the more rubber you remove, the less traction the turf has. Everyone who has played in vegas knows how slippery their turf is. So you give a little to take a little. ---------------------- As for the event: I thought things were ran much better than the first event. A big thank you. Pros: Referee Consistency (Per Field Basis, not both fields combine) Plenty of Snake side spectator areas. Cons: Scheduling (Playing all prelims and finals matches on the same day in high heat is tough, but none the less feasible) Referee Strictness (I felt that field 1 had strict refs, which is good, but for lower divisional teams that are still learning, it can be a negative thing) Spectator Seating (I know all paintball events are pretty much bring your own everything, but some kind of benches would be nice for future events. I'm aware this is a paintball park issue, not the event itself)
True but the rubber should be under the turf, if you look at Unbounds photo from Friday you can see the rubber was on top of the turf before matches were even played, the excess should have been blown or hosed off, you don't see the rubber sitting on top of football or baseball field turf, I'm sure as it gets played more and the rubber breaks down it will begin to settle under the turf though. I thought the stands/awnings would have been made available for staging, but upon arrival I saw the distance involved, maybe in future events they will have some built for the new field area Refs on field 2 were pulling a lot of people that had old hits that were wiped off, and leaving a few with obvious hits, one guy got shot out of the snake, played on & killed 2 more guys and no penalty was thrown And an announced lunch break would have nice as well since the refs took one and didn't announce it to teams who were already staged for their match

Last edited by sstiggy : 05-27-2014 at 04:41 PM.