PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 08-13-2013, 12:26 AM #1
CBSkullmanC7
Chemicaly Infused Soldier

ZetaMag for TiPX?

I just recently found these magazines available from TippmanParts and was wondering if anyone has used them and if they are a worthy investment. They're 20 round "reversible" mags. I'm assuming you get 10 shots on one side and then have to flip it around. Not exactly what everyone wants out of an extended mag but if you ask me it's a pretty decent idea. Plus i'm guessing they found some hangups with making a straight-fed 20 round clip. It also says they're First Strike compatible. The more the merrier. Anyone know anything about these mags?
CBSkullmanC7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 08-13-2013, 01:10 AM #2
sobersteve323
Budget Baller

sobersteve323 is attending Decay of Nations VII
sobersteve323 supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by CBSkullmanC7 View Post
I just recently found these magazines available from TippmanParts and was wondering if anyone has used them and if they are a worthy investment. They're 20 round "reversible" mags. I'm assuming you get 10 shots on one side and then have to flip it around. Not exactly what everyone wants out of an extended mag but if you ask me it's a pretty decent idea. Plus i'm guessing they found some hangups with making a straight-fed 20 round clip. It also says they're First Strike compatible. The more the merrier. Anyone know anything about these mags?
A lot of users on mcarterbrown.com use/talk about them so you might want to check it out.

Also MCB member Reloadro makes some pretty good reviews and he covered the Zetamags in a couple videos on YouTube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eA6w9aW5zIM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VEKn90q8LGw

I just recently got some myself and haven't had a chance to use them yet. So far they've been pretty nice for shooting the block wall in my backyard lol.

Hope that helps.
sobersteve323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 09:56 AM #3
11XIII

I used them myself.

Pros:
Obviously more rounds
Looks bad ***
Doesn't feel sketchy like all the home made extended mags you see
Has a dust boot that you can tie to your tipx lanyard hole near where you load magazines. I would highly suggest using it, its very easy to lose the dust boot without it tied on

Cons:
No automatic release. You know how when you load a tru feed, you like the spring all the way down and lock it in place to reload.. then sticking it in the gun makes it automatically release the spring and forces the paintballs into the breech? Zetamags don't have that, there is manual release that you have to pull down to release the spring EVERYTIME you stick mag in. I found it difficult to use with gloves, so wear some half fingered gloves

Tru feed magazines pop and slide out of the gun when you want to reload. Zetamags don't pop and release, you need to hold the clip button and pull the magazine out yourself.

When reloading a completely empty zeta mag, the company suggested you lock the spring down to the bottom of the mag by sticking a plastic round stick down the clip. They say if you don't do this, it could damage the spring and they will not warranty a busted spring because you loaded it otherwise. So now you got to carry this stick out there as well.

Overall it definitely has its hang ups, but if you're willing to deal with them, it was great to have more ammo at hand. The mags aren't very user friendly, but if the user takes the time and patience to become good with it, it would definitely be a good purchase. A lot of my explanations may be hard to understand without watching a video and seeing what I'm talking about, so hit up youtube and come back
Old 08-26-2013, 12:20 PM #4
PaperBoyWS
"Hell Must Fear Us"

PaperBoyWS owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
PaperBoyWS has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
PaperBoyWS has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Just tried one out yesterday. Worked pretty well, just remember to unlatch the spring after you load it into your tipx.

One hang up is that sometimes when ramming the loader rod into the mag it won't latch the first time. Real pain when you're in the field. Once the springs are broken in I imagine that problem will go away.

Other than that, I would go with the standard mags if you only carry as a side arm because of how far they stick out of the marker.
TiPX/TPX Aftermarket Parts List
Empire Trracer. Tippmann SL-68 II. Tippmann TiPX. DP Rev-I. PE Geo+. Sheridan KP3. Milsig MK3 CQB Pro. 2k2 WGP pump 'cocker. WGP Trilogy Pro. Survival Game Splatmaster. Sheridan PGP.
PaperBoyWS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 03:08 PM #5
BatmanLiera

spring sucks a lot man.
BatmanLiera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 12:03 PM #6
sobersteve323
Budget Baller

sobersteve323 is attending Decay of Nations VII
sobersteve323 supports Empire
I've put about 1000 rounds through mine so far and really enjoy them. Hopefully I don't run into the problems other people have with the detents dropping paint.

One thing I noticed with the follower when you're trying to lock it in place you should try to keep the follower release in the "up" position. Just hold it in place while you put the rod in and it'll catch easier. When I first used them I didn't do that and I jammed/tangled a few of the springs. Then I finally read the manual/insert and it actually says to hold it up while using the rod
sobersteve323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 08:48 PM #7
Slo poke

Change the springs to the 20 or 30 round Dmag springs and you'll be golden. Found 8 of my 12 brand new Zetamags have spring related issues. I knew this going in that it could be and issue but the fix isn't really all that bad to change the springs.
Slo poke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 03:36 PM #8
Jack73hRipper
Team Omen

Jack73hRipper supports Team VICIOUS
Jack73hRipper has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Jack73hRipper has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Jack73hRipper supports DLX Technology
love my zeta mag def changed up my game
Jack73hRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 07:46 PM #9
7paintball
Service at its best.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack73hRipper View Post
love my zeta mag def changed up my game
It's a great mag for the TiPX.
Lockport, IL 60441
(815) 588-1777

We always offer discounts to the Military, Police and Fire Departments.
7paintball is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 11:23 AM #10
Stark Pursuit

If you ever need any specific details about the ZetaMag or need service please feel free to contact support@starkpursuit.com at any time.
Stark Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 01:01 PM #11
bobdoodlebean

I'm very curious about the zetamag. Does the paint stay retained very well in the reversed side when running in the field? I've heard of some magazines dropping paint when they are bumped too hard.
bobdoodlebean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 03:57 PM #12
Kbratos

Mine are awesome, love them
Kbratos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 08:37 AM #13
SAS_Shepherd
SAS Woodsball NH

Is anyone else having this issue with the Zetamag

I find the spring release to be very sensitive, after locking the spring in place with the loading rod, I went to insert the mag, about half way I hear a click from the mag release button but the mag isnt in all the way, however that click cause the spring release button to engage which is making me break paint in the breach.
SAS_Shepherd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 08:39 AM #14
SAS_Shepherd
SAS Woodsball NH

Every zetamag comes with a cover, to cover the half that isnt being used, before rotating the mag and sliding it in, you take the cover off. If you dont have a dump pouch make sure you get one, you can keep the loading rod, and mag cover in it while on the field.
SAS_Shepherd is offline   Reply With Quote