PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 05-19-2014, 03:31 PM #1
mutated pig

has been a member for 10 years
mutated pig owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Question DM13 tune up

I want to make sure my dm13 is in the best possible condition for this weekend. what should i do? replace o-rings on the bolt? what else? should i mess with the LPR at all?

I just got this gun a few months ago so I'm not entirely sure how to maintain it.
It has a billy wing bolt btw.
Thanks.

Balls of Fury D5 CFOA

68/45 for sale

Damage DM13 F/S/T
mutated pig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 05-19-2014, 06:22 PM #2
EpikYummeh
Doodlebug Sportz!

EpikYummeh plays in the APPA beginner division
EpikYummeh supports Empire
You shouldn't need to replace O-rings unless they have nicks or chunks missing in them. Anything that has the slightest possibility of compromising the seal the O-rings provide should be changed. Look out for the bolt sail O-ring especially, but the bolt tail O-rings can cause air to leak out the back cap if a seal is not made.

If the gun is shooting fine with the LPR settings you have now, there is no sense in playing around with it as you might end up worse off than you were before.

Check all parts of the gun to make sure everything is in tip-top shape. All necessary screws tightened, no leaks anywhere, no pinched wires. Check the eye pipe for cracks and test your eyes (you can just move your finger up and down in the feedneck into the breach. The LED should go from solid red to solid green when your finger goes between the eyes and back to red when you remove your finger) to ensure they are working properly.

Definitely disassemble the bolt and apply a thin coat of lube on O-rings and surfaces that come in contact with other parts during the bolt cycle. Clean any paint off of any part of the marker and give your barrel a rinse in the sink, then run a rolled up paper towel through it to dry it off.

After you lube it you can dryfire it a few times if you have air.
EpikYummeh is offline   Reply With Quote