Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 05-14-2014, 08:41 AM #1
OneBlazingTaco

A hopper that allows for sight on 98 custom?

I'm looking to make a few upgrades to my tippmann 98 custom, including adding a rail riser and sight. But to do this, I obviously need an offset hopper, or something that doesn't hang over the gun. I was originally considering the APP t-2 until I realized that was for an A5 (would it work for a 98?). I'm also considering the tippmann cyclone feed, but I can't tell if it's low profile enough to fit a sight. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
OneBlazingTaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 05-14-2014, 03:45 PM #2
dreadmuppet
Reeks of class

Annual Supporting Member
dreadmuppet is BST Trusted
dreadmuppet owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
dreadmuppet has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
dreadmuppet has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
dreadmuppet has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
The feed tube on the 98C is already offset. This is done so you can do exactly what you are trying to do. Are you having an issue with your current hopper not being far enough to the side? If so what hopper are you using?

And this is just from personal experience but I could never get a Cyclone working properly on my 98C.
IF I DO NOT SHOOT YOU
MY TEAMMATE WILL

eBay FEEDBACK
dreadmuppet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 04:12 PM #3
OneBlazingTaco

I've just been using the stock hopper. The main problem I have with it is the fact that, although it's a bit offset, it would still be in the way if I attached a raised sight, because of how wide it is. I need the the sight to be raised because of my relatively bulky mask (vforce profiler). So I essentially just need a thinner hopper. Something that lines up with the right side of my gun instead of hanging over the top.

And that's a shame about the cyclone. I figured it may be a nice upgrade, so I can eliminate the need to shake my gun.
Old 05-14-2014, 07:49 PM #4
mulletman
Recball Superstar

has been a member for 10 years
All traditional hoppers are going to hang over some. The holes the balls come out of are in the middle. What you could do is look into a qloader but most people seem to have problems with them. You could also buy a used warp feed although that wouldn't be the most practical solution.

My advice is to not raise the sight.
Old 05-16-2014, 10:09 AM #5
dreadmuppet
Reeks of class

Annual Supporting Member
dreadmuppet is BST Trusted
dreadmuppet owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
dreadmuppet has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
dreadmuppet has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
dreadmuppet has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneBlazingTaco View Post
I've just been using the stock hopper. The main problem I have with it is the fact that, although it's a bit offset, it would still be in the way if I attached a raised sight, because of how wide it is. I need the the sight to be raised because of my relatively bulky mask (vforce profiler). So I essentially just need a thinner hopper. Something that lines up with the right side of my gun instead of hanging over the top.

And that's a shame about the cyclone. I figured it may be a nice upgrade, so I can eliminate the need to shake my gun.
Sounds like either a) do not raise the sight or b) try out the Cyclone. It is not incredibly expensive so you should be able to find a good deal used. And it it does not work for you they are pretty easy to resell.
IF I DO NOT SHOOT YOU
MY TEAMMATE WILL

eBay FEEDBACK
dreadmuppet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 10:44 AM #6
OneBlazingTaco

Yea, I intend to buy the cyclone regardless, now. My old hopper broke during my last outing, anyway. So I may as well upgrade instead of buying another cheap one. I looked further into that APP t-2 that I mentioned originally, and realized it's simply a different kind of hopper for the cyclone feed. So I'll definitely buy the cyclone, and then determine whether or not I want/need the t-2.

Thanks for your help.