Community Focus

ReplyGold Ups

Old 05-15-2014, 12:26 PM #1
superman3043
Zero Kidz

has been a member for 10 years
superman3043 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
PE Collectors Look Here: Rare 1 of 20 Ego 9/10 Hybrid AKA Ego 10 Prototype

After much deliberation, I've decided to post this here to see if the right buyer is out there. For those not familiar with what this is exactly, here is a link:

http://eclipsehq.blogspot.com/2010/0...VNF3n468rv7VDH

Excerpt from the link:

"During the development of every new model there comes a stage when we are 90% happy with the design and modifications and want to start field testing. For obvious reasons it is virtually impossible to field test with anything that looks like a finished product, because paintball players are a canny bunch and would notice that what we were playing with was different from what we were currently selling.

So in order to test new parts or theories or designs we often create test mules, or hybrids. Hybrids are often older gun bodies modified to take newer parts.

And that is exactly what we have here.

These Ego9/10 Hybrids were the final stage of the development process of the Ego10 prior to going into production. Basically, every part of the gun is an Ego10, barring the external appearance of the body. They have the same external profile cuts to the body as the Ego10, even takes an Ego10 badge and an Ego10 cut Cure3+ bolt. They have the pressure release porting for the LPR and the body porting for the solenoid paths and the Torpedo are all very close to the Ego10’s final specification. They even have Ego10 boards with the new firmware and the larger, replaceable display module.

Only 20 of these Ego9/10 Hybrids were ever made. They were originally shipped all over the world to Beta testers to give feedback on prior to Ego10 production commencing. As such, they are very rare beasts. Some of the Hybrids stayed with their testers because they loved them so much, and some were returned to be replaced with full-fat Ego10s. Either way you would be extremely lucky to ever see 2 of these at the same field.

For the reasons mentioned above, the ones we are selling here are USED. They are not new and are not being sold as such. They have been played with in varying conditions around the world so will show signs of light wear and tear. Of course, on returning home the Eclipse HQ here in Manchester UK they were all stripped, inspected and re-built as part of the appraisal process, and if any changes have been made to the markers it is only to bring them up to the latest specification.

All 20 were anodized the same color combination which is Black with Blue parts. This gun is even more special with SUPER RARE blue grips."

TL;DR = This gun is 1 of 20 ever produced. Not a 1 of XX "rare" ano job. It's an Ego 10 disguised to resemble an Ego 9 so it has Cure 3+ bolt with Zick 2 Rammer. Has the big swooping Ego 9 trigger guard which I really like, but YMMV. This one came with an SL board.

Now that that's out of the way. The buyer I'm looking for has a lot of money in their pocket, is a collector of all things Planet Eclipse, and is interested in owning a piece of PE history... That person is not me (especially the first part). I bought this gun from a friend who wasn't actually sure what he had and neither was I. Upon researching, I discovered what it was. I bought it to be my primary/workhorse marker, but this gun deserves better than to get beat down by me (though I take ridiculous care of my equipment) and it deserves better than sitting in a gear bag as a back up.

Gun is in excellent condition, has brand new fresh grips installed, has been gone through top to bottom, and shoots absolute laser beams. TBH it shoots better than the gun I'm replacing it with, which is why I'd really love to hang on to it and why it's going to be very hard to part with.

If you are looking for some beater Ego to thrash on, THIS GUN IS NOT FOR YOU. I'm in no way in a hurry to sell this thing, so if you aren't serious about wanting to own this amazing gun, please don't waste your or my time. I doubt you'll see this gun pop up for sale very often in your lifetime. I've even seen a thread here of previous owner looking to buy one back or trade his newer Ego for one because he's never owned a better shooting gun.

I really have no earthly idea where to price this thing at, but let's say $550 (price lowered) and we'll go from there. Any questions, please ask. Thanks for looking!
The Zero Adultz 2014

Rare Ego for Sale

Last edited by superman3043 : 07-28-2014 at 12:04 PM. Reason: Price lowered
superman3043 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 05-15-2014, 02:18 PM #2
SmartBomb77
More Than Amazing

SmartBomb77 supports Cereal Killerz 2
SmartBomb77 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
SmartBomb77 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
SmartBomb77 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Might be a lowball, but $600?
XSV Fan #1290
ME
SmartBomb77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 02:25 PM #3
superman3043
Zero Kidz

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmartBomb77 View Post
Might be a lowball, but $600?
To me it's not a lowball at all. As a matter of fact I really appreciate the offer! But like I said, I really have no earthly idea where to value her at. It's gonna be worth more to some than it will to others as I reckon most "collector" items do. Cool with you if I field offers for a little while to see what she can actually fetch? I'll keep you in mind and if you're not in a rush to buy and it's not worth more than $600 to anybody else, then she's yours for a great price my friend. Sound fair?
The Zero Adultz 2014

Rare Ego for Sale
Old 05-15-2014, 02:30 PM #4
SmartBomb77
More Than Amazing

SmartBomb77 supports Cereal Killerz 2
SmartBomb77 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
SmartBomb77 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
SmartBomb77 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by superman3043 View Post
To me it's not a lowball at all. As a matter of fact I really appreciate the offer! But like I said, I really have no earthly idea where to value her at. It's gonna be worth more to some than it will to others as I reckon most "collector" items do. Cool with you if I field offers for a little while to see what she can actually fetch? I'll keep you in mind and if you're not in a rush to buy and it's not worth more than $600 to anybody else, then she's yours for a great price my friend. Sound fair?
Of course, of course. I have no idea what it's worth either. For the record , I appreciate the well thought out response. It's nice to know there's still some educated people on this forum.
XSV Fan #1290
ME
SmartBomb77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 02:35 PM #5
superman3043
Zero Kidz

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmartBomb77 View Post
Of course, of course. I have no idea what it's worth either. For the record , I appreciate the well thought out response. It's nice to know there's still some educated people on this forum.
Thank you sir! Honestly this forum seems to be A LOT better than when I used frequent it back from 03'-05'. Seems like the paintball crowd has matured with the sport. Of course you're still gonna have your knuckle-head kids and trolls and whatnot (this IS still the internet after all), but it definitely seems like a better place than I remember it. Most that I've dealt with since returning to the sport after an eight year hiatus have been extremely cordial. Anyway, cheers to you!
The Zero Adultz 2014

Rare Ego for Sale
Old 05-15-2014, 09:21 PM #6
Blitchy

Annual Supporting Member
Blitchy helped look for balloons
Blitchy owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Blitchy supports Team VICIOUS
Blitchy supports Team VICIOUS
Blitchy is for the Gunfight
Blitchy is attending Decay of Nations VI
man id love to own this but my offer would be an insult as i am a pe sponsored player it would be shot (not beaten) but shot, unfortunately unless my gun were to sell in the next 2 days i'd love to give you 700 for it, shes a beaut for sure
Blitchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 09:39 PM #7
vandall1986
Do or do not

vandall1986 is BST Trusted
vandall1986 owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
vandall1986 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
vandall1986 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
vandall1986 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Best bet email eclipse with info and serial # find out little more about it so you're not selling yourself short.
Old 05-16-2014, 07:23 AM #8
superman3043
Zero Kidz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitchy View Post
man id love to own this but my offer would be an insult as i am a pe sponsored player it would be shot (not beaten) but shot, unfortunately unless my gun were to sell in the next 2 days i'd love to give you 700 for it, shes a beaut for sure
Thanks so much for the post! Honestly if you'd want to buy it to use, that's your prerogative. Nothing wrong with that at all. TBH, if I still have it for the next event, I'd be hard pressed not to give it a couple spins for a few points, because it really is an amazing shooter. My only fear is that I'll want to keep it and sell my new primary instead, lol. It's easily the best poppet I've ever shot and bordering on the best gun I've ever shot period.

Like I said, I'm in no kind of rush to sell, just interested in seeing where the market is at on it and if there is a more deserving owner than me out there for her. If your gun sells and you still want it, you're sitting at the high number with $700 right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vandall1986 View Post
Best bet email eclipse with info and serial # find out little more about it so you're not selling yourself short.
I'm gonna do that. Thanks for the tip!
The Zero Adultz 2014

Rare Ego for Sale
Old 05-18-2014, 06:32 PM #9
Llaxx

Dye Nt11+i Ship First
Llaxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 07:38 AM #10
superman3043
Zero Kidz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llaxx View Post
Dye Nt11+i Ship First
Appreciate the offer. I'm gonna pass for now, thanks.
The Zero Adultz 2014

Rare Ego for Sale
Old 05-26-2014, 07:38 AM #11
superman3043
Zero Kidz

BOLD. Let's get this beauty moved. After sitting on the fence for a while about keeping her, I'm finally at a spot where I'm satisfied with the way my new primary shoots.

Did a little more digging and research on the history of this gun and discovered that she was a test mule that PE sent to David Thompson of Capital Offense to run through the paces.
The Zero Adultz 2014

Rare Ego for Sale
Old 06-01-2014, 08:13 PM #12
jods

i have one as well, very nice gun.
jods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 05:04 AM #13
superman3043
Zero Kidz

Quote:
Originally Posted by jods View Post
i have one as well, very nice gun.
Nice! Yes they are. Do you play with yours?
The Zero Adultz 2014

Rare Ego for Sale
Old 06-02-2014, 08:25 AM #14
jods

nope. never played with it on field, just shot it at home. ill wait for u to sell urs then ill put mine for sale.
jods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 07:33 AM #15
superman3043
Zero Kidz

Last chance for somebody to make an offer on her before she goes up on eBay.
The Zero Adultz 2014

Rare Ego for Sale
Old 07-28-2014, 12:04 PM #16
superman3043
Zero Kidz

Price dropped. Somebody bring me $550.
The Zero Adultz 2014

Rare Ego for Sale
ReplyGold Ups

Rules for Buy/Sell/Trade Forums
  1. Buy/Sell/Trade here on PbNation at your own risk. We assume no responsibility for any part of any transaction. Never send money or product before a deal is agreed to by both sides and full contact information is exchanged and verified. Do not rely on PM's. If the other party is unwilling to share contact information, then don't deal with them. Please read more B/S/T tips here.
  2. If you feel that you could offer a better deal, then make a new thread in the correct forum with your ad. Never post your item in another user's thread and ruin their chances at selling their gear. Do not post negative comments about someone else's item for sale even about their price.
  3. No flaming at all. Please be polite to both the seller and potential buyers. If you donít like something being sold or the price the seller is asking, go to another thread and simply donít post in theirs. Sellers also have an obligation to be polite to users who post in the thread. If it is a scam or violates our rules, report the post and specify in detail what is improper.
  4. We recommend you always check for new and old PbN feedback as well as the Theft Report Forum before considering any deal here.
If you have questions, please post them in the Talk to Mods/Admins section. Please read and follow the complete Terms of Service and the complete B/S/T Rules as well. Most B/S/T questions are answered in the PbNation FAQ.