Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 05-13-2014, 03:13 AM #1
dlee825

Vanquish pooty bolt settings?

Hey guys, i recently got the full pooty bolt set and was wondering what dwell you guys were running your guns at? i have the updated v108 firmware. I know that 10 dwell was what he recommended, but when i tried to put the gun at 10 dwell, it would not cycle at all so i left it at stock. any input would be great! thanks!
dlee825 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 05-14-2014, 08:32 AM #2
sdzell18
Code it and Load it

Annual Supporting Member
sdzell18 works for a Paintball manufacturer
sdzell18 plays in the APPA Pro division
sdzell18 is All In
dwell of 10 was recommended before the software bug was found on v104. You should keep your dwell where the marker will cycle reliably with paint.
My Feedback +43, -0
sdzell18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 05:06 PM #3
Starks

dlee825,

When Pooty came up with the numbers for 10ms dwell, the value of 10ms dwell actually represented a much higher dwell due to a programming bug in the v104 firmware. If you read the v108 firmware notes, you will notice v108 "Fixed 10.0ms dwell error which cause incorrect dwell when set at 10.0ms"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdzell18 View Post
When I saw Pooty said he was running at 10.0ms I looked into it because I had never had a gun run below 12.0ms. There was some weird calculation error in the code that caused a setting of 10.0ms dwell to actually be 22ms+ (Every other setting was correct). Anyway I figured it out and corrected it so now 10.0 is actually 10.0. Anyone that was running at 10.0 it will no longer work that low, I expect. Hope that clarifies it for you.
As for settings, you can tune your Vanquish using the tuning guide stickied in the Vanquish forum, Vanquish Tuning Guide + Hot vs. Cold Weather Tips