PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

ReplyNews Ups

Old 05-09-2014, 04:26 AM #43
tylerwyoung

tylerwyoung owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
tylerwyoung has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
From what I've read, it sounds like this position is pretty much just selling entry level products to people while earning commission based off of that. As many have posted before me, the website is much too vague for me to enter my personal information. How is this marketing exactly? Sounds more like sales with a hint towards "multi-level marketing". Marketing =/= Sales. Don't get me wrong, I'm all for growing the paintball industry in any way shape or form, but how exactly is this better than selling people other markers exactly? Or bringing local businesses money by recommending them to new players instead?
Dukie DSP V2
Acid Wash VSC CCI Phantom
Lapco'd Nelspot
tylerwyoung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 05-09-2014, 08:11 AM #44
tex_mania
BSA Support

tex_mania plays in the PSP
tex_mania owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
tex_mania owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
tex_mania plays in the APPA D5 division
Just selling a scrub a gun isn't a good way to grow the sport anyway. Need to sell goggles and **** too. Player kits.

Might actually sell one or two in an area that doesn't have any fields. But if there is a field in your area? Why buy an enmey when you can rent? And $150 for a mech ion? People dont spend $150 for something they've never done before. $50 is a more reasonable "try it out" price. Not saying $150 is too high a price for that gun, just saying that gun is at too high of a price point for someone to be expected to pay to try paintball.
tex_mania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 09:15 AM #45
TheFinest
The Man

TheFinest owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
TheFinest plays in the APPA D4 division
TheFinest has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
TheFinest has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
This still doesn't make any sense to me. You want us to sign up and give your our phone number and e-mail address so you could send us stuff. If people do choose and accept this, then how would they get paid. Mailing a check to our house? So not only are we giving you our e-mail and phone number but you also want us to trust you by giving our mailing address. Whoever signs up for this is naive and doesn't see the whole picture. I am not bashing the fact of gaining people into this sport, but I am bashing your business ethics.
Hustle Paintball
Paintball Wizard
TheFinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 09:49 AM #46
ilikecats

Annual Supporting Member
ilikecats supports our troops
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFinest View Post
This still doesn't make any sense to me. You want us to sign up and give your our phone number and e-mail address so you could send us stuff. If people do choose and accept this, then how would they get paid. Mailing a check to our house? So not only are we giving you our e-mail and phone number but you also want us to trust you by giving our mailing address. Whoever signs up for this is naive and doesn't see the whole picture. I am not bashing the fact of gaining people into this sport, but I am bashing your business ethics.
You can bash or praise his business idea and how it is currently being operated, but its a little early to bash his ethics until something wrong has been done.
Old 05-09-2014, 09:53 AM #47
TheFinest
The Man

TheFinest owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
TheFinest plays in the APPA D4 division
TheFinest has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
TheFinest has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilikecats View Post
You can bash or praise his business idea and how it is currently being operated, but its a little early to bash his ethics until something wrong has been done.
Ethics doesn't mean something has to go wrong. Ethics are guidelines business and people follow.
Hustle Paintball
Paintball Wizard
TheFinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 10:44 AM #48
ilikecats

Annual Supporting Member
ilikecats supports our troops
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFinest View Post
Ethics doesn't mean something has to go wrong. Ethics are guidelines business and people follow.
Not much more I can say than your right about that. If I were going to do this the first thing I would do is to contact GoG and confirm the information given.
Old 05-09-2014, 11:05 AM #49
jrmorris97

jrmorris97 plays in the APPA D5 division
Sketchy
jrmorris97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 11:13 AM #50
BallsAcrossUrNose

Did u come up with the name enme yourself or was that a blatant rip off of a marker system X made called the NME witch was released in 2003 great job on lack of originality
BallsAcrossUrNose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 11:14 AM #51
7paintball
Service at its best.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrusaderPB View Post
So... basically you, Gog, want to make the entire player base a sales rep for your products. Selling and giving away dealership pricing.

I hope a sales rep reaches out and explains this to me very quickly, because now I'm more than close to closing my account...

No, at no point do I want under qualified non-trained persons selling paintball products. 'Nothing shady' would be true if you reached out to store and fields first.
Yeah.. I agree.. I will be closing my accounts very soon.
Lockport, IL 60441
(815) 588-1777

We always offer discounts to the Military, Police and Fire Departments.
7paintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 11:33 AM #52
JDub0820
Win Some, Lose Some

JDub0820 is playing at Living Legends VII
JDub0820 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
JDub0820 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Lightbulb Don't Recommend Giving Out Your Personal Info

This is an attempt to get your personal information, so "paintball marketing" can SELL your information as leads to companies. It is a way they can get emails and phones numbers to sell to third party companies to cold call you and stuff your inbox with SPAM. DONT LET SOMEONE MAKE MONEY OFF YOUR PERSONAL INFO!!
JDUB #20
REAPER4HIRE
JDub0820 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 11:55 AM #53
aladaze

Are you pulling federal taxes out of the commission checks, or will every one, including the minors you're getting a waiver for, have to fill out their own 10-99s?
Old 05-09-2014, 11:59 AM #54
John
Straight shooter with upper management written all over him.

Annual Supporting Member
John is playing at Living Legends VII
John has been published on the PbNation Youtube Channel
John is a PbNation video producer
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDub0820 View Post
This is an attempt to get your personal information, so "paintball marketing" can SELL your information as leads to companies. It is a way they can get emails and phones numbers to sell to third party companies to cold call you and stuff your inbox with SPAM. DONT LET SOMEONE MAKE MONEY OFF YOUR PERSONAL INFO!!
No, it's not. Or we wouldn't have allowed it here.
John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 12:04 PM #55
Raidenking

Sounds like paintball marketing teamed up with the wrong company.

GoG, formerly Smart Parts stomped around on the paintball world and now wants to make amends by bringing new players in?

Making things right with the paintball world shouldn't translate to a scheme to lure people into buying GoG products. If they want me as a customer - I want to see them engage in more donation or charity type work for paintball - rather than recruiting pbnation members as sale reps.

the whole process sounds a bit odd as well. I would feel much better representing a company like Tippman for entry level players.

Last edited by Raidenking : 05-09-2014 at 12:09 PM.
Raidenking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 12:31 PM #56
msnyrk21
GEO 3

msnyrk21 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
msnyrk21 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Hopefully helps growing the sport.
msnyrk21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 12:58 PM #57
PhillyDipper
Killadelphia

PhillyDipper plays in the APPA D4 division
awesome idea..

Currently shooting a Luxe
PhillyDipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 01:08 PM #58
Deathwish_DW
Becker PB / Two Fat Guys

Annual Supporting Member
Deathwish_DW helped look for balloons
Deathwish_DW is playing at Living Legends III
Deathwish_DW is playing at Living Legends VII
Deathwish_DW supports Sherwood Forest
Deathwish_DW is Legendary
Deathwish_DW supports DLX Technology
I'm not sure how I feel about this. Seeing as I deal with Dave and Adam from GOG, I feel that they should have sent something out to the dealers.

I was told to check out the thread by a few fellow dealers who have said they wish to close their accounts. If I am getting hollered at by 7am, you know something is going on.

Any attempt to grow the sport is awesome. We need it. Any attempt is more than not an attempt.. if that makes sense.

There is a definite issue with having anyone and everyone become a rep of sorts. They can get their closer friends, etc to buy more readily from them instead of a shop, but then when it comes time to spend more cash on gear, who are they going to go to? The local shop, or a warehouse?
It would have made more sense in my opinion to have this go through local stores a la sponsorships, etc.

In regards to the marker choice, it's a nice little shooter. For a new player in terms of value, a used ion > new enemy. I am curious about the revised solenoid as I have heard ramblings from people whose marker has died and have come to me to purchase a mechanical ion mod kit since our setup is a bit more robust.

All in all, it's something to watch.

Becker@BeckerPaintball.com

Proud Dealer of:DLX - Ninja Paintball - GOG Deadlywind - Valken - MacDev - Inception Designs
*!* eBay◄2346+ PBNation◄310+ *!*
Deathwish_DW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 01:23 PM #59
imped4now
BTFU

has been a member for 10 years
I smell a burning turd.

Those of you that are looking for work, don't count on this as a primary source of income. It's far too fishy and incomplete. You're better off mowing lawns.
imped4now is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 01:24 PM #60
apes4us
MO

Quote:
Originally Posted by aladaze View Post
Are you pulling federal taxes out of the commission checks, or will every one, including the minors you're getting a waiver for, have to fill out their own 10-99s?
That's a million dollar question.

I do not like this idea.
apes4us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 02:25 PM #61
Azoth

Azoth is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Is it just a referral service? I send friends/family/co-workers/random people on the street/ex-girlfriend/random Facebook "friends" to the GoG website and have them enter in a code that identifies the sale as coming from me so I get a commission? Do your "reps" get commission on follow up or repeat customers? Hope the "reps" know that they will probably be teching the marker every time the customer has the slightest hiccup with it for free.

Did you give any thought to your brick & mortar and/or Internet retailers? You know the ones that rely on selling your products in their stores so they can keep the doors open and feed their families?

I'm not at all interested in this but just wondering how it all works. The whole thing makes the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. Seems very "pyramid scheme" like. Reminds me of those ebay scams. Join a "club" and buy cheap pieces of Chinese made crap to sell on eBay and make $10k a month working 2 hours a day or some such nonsense.

Expanding the paintball player community is a good thing. Taking advantage of the existing player base to do it, not so much!

2K3 Autococker (FS)

Immortals Paintball
Honor... Above all else.
Azoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 03:19 PM #62
Andyb2637

All these questions yet no answers...
Seems like there should have been a lot more R&D before they released this. IMO i would never give any of my info unless there's a contract that states what my information will be used for, who will get it, ect, ect.
Old 05-09-2014, 03:29 PM #63
Yankee Paintball
www.YankeePaintball.com

You should know that in Connecticut, it's against the law for a retailer to sell a marker with out either also selling a mask or being shown proof of owning a mask (ie the mask itself or a receipt for a mask). If all these guys are your reps you are on the hook if they violate this law.
Eric
Owner-Manager Yankee Paintball
Authorized Dealer for CCM,CCI, Tippmann, Planet Eclipse, Tiberius Arms, and DYE. Distributor for Valken, KEE and GI Sportz.
203-906-9621 or 9622
Yankee Paintball is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyNews Ups

Paintball News Rules
  1. No Upping threads. If you have something to say, please do, but don't post in the thread just to take it to the top of the forum.
  2. Do not post "1st post", "1st", "First post" or anything similar (or with any other number) at any point in a thread, even if you post a comment too. It is really annoying and it will result in a ban.
  3. If you don't like something, say why instead of just calling it ugly, lame, gay or any other name. If it is old, simply post a link or report the post with a link to the older News thread.
  4. Please don't post links for places to buy items. That encourages stores, sponsored players and other people to do it and spam the site.
If you have questions, please post them in the Talk to Mods/Admins forum.