TylerBurlingame
Let Reality Be Reality

TylerBurlingame owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
TylerBurlingame owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Age requirement?
Colorado NXS #3
Thank you to our sponsors

Planet Eclipse / Virtue Paintball / BLITZ Paintball

Being a gun whore is a lot like a buffet... You don't just try one flavor!

"Once more into the fray,
Into the last good fight I'll ever know.
Live and die on this day,
Live and die on this day."
TylerBurlingame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 05-08-2014, 04:42 PM #23
PaintballProductions
| R3L0ADED |

PaintballProductions has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
PaintballProductions has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
PaintballProductions supports Empire
Definitely has potential. This could change the course of history for paintball!

-"We are paintball, we eat paintball, we sleep paintball, we think paintball and we dream, paintball. They will never change us, scare us, or stop us, but they are more than welcome, to join us."
PaintballProductions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 06:17 PM #24
Paintball Marketing

Paintball Marketing works for a Paintball manufacturer
There are lots of us that got started very young in paintball so we are willing to work with players/Reps younger than 18 as long as their parents sign a consent form.
Paintball Marketing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 06:54 PM #25
BallsAcrossUrNose

Maybe they could have saved Smart Parts WDP & the other 10 company's that went under. I think we're Sunk
BallsAcrossUrNose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 06:57 PM #26
210Maverick
Buddha Fett

That website and your posts are WAAAAY too vague for me to be interested in giving out any personal information.
Old 05-08-2014, 07:03 PM #27
IMEDICx90

Quote:
Originally Posted by 210Maverick View Post
That website and your posts are WAAAAY too vague for me to be interested in giving out any personal information.
Yeah, that's what I was thinking too. Although I keep pitching the idea of a weekend out to the guys at work. So maybe I'm just too skeptical. Hopefully some of the people who have requested the info already can give us more insight.
IMEDICx90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 07:30 PM #28
natexcarr
GO VEGETARIAN!

Got the email with the additional information.

I didn't see any fine print and if it works the way it's advertised it seems like a legitimate opportunity for folks to grow the sport in areas without pro shops or other retailers. Being from Louisville and having a great facility to play at and TWO great pro shops, it's probably not for me. Just can't see slinging entry level markers to new kids out of my trunk when they can go rent gear at an amazing facility, talk to a great staff of players there about entry level gear, and ultimately purchase from them.

But, like I stated previously, this will probably be a good opportunity for someone somewhere.
natexcarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 07:47 PM #29
Paintball Marketing

Keep in mind that if you do sell an entry level marker to a new player you are creating a new customer for that field or store. That new player will want to buy goggles and paint and a loader and everything else that the store sells. He will likely want to go play at the local field as well. You are creating customers for the fields and stores. Certainly, we don't recommend "slinging" products from your trunk and BTW that is not how it works. All sales are made at MAP pricing so there is no under-cutting of the pricing and the goods are drop shipped directly to the customer.

However, we do recommend that reps have a conversation with their local field or store and explain what they are doing and how they can help them get business. Nothing shady. Just truthful and upfront. Most fields and stores would love to have someone that is sending them customers…even if they potentially lose an entry level sale that they might have never made.
Old 05-08-2014, 08:17 PM #30
natexcarr
GO VEGETARIAN!

That's a valid argument and I can certainly see logic in it.

And I meant no disrespect and was speaking figuratively with the "slinging" comment. What I meant was that I personally cant see it working in my circumstance, but I could be completely wrong. I maintain that this is a good and original idea and should be a great opportunity for some.
natexcarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 08:32 PM #31
confrontationp
My brand!!!

confrontationp is playing at Living Legends VII
confrontationp plays in the APPA beginner division
confrontationp has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
confrontationp supports Empire
Just as a heads up. Your website's current homepage has the misspelling of "Painball" instead of "Paintball" at the bottom of your page. If you want to seem like a professional company to trust, you should probably start with using spell check.
Old 05-08-2014, 08:33 PM #32
Paintball Marketing

No offense taken. This is a new concept for paintball and certainly it will work better for some people than for others. There are lots of areas of the country that don't have any stores. Many of the fields don't sell products. This is a great way to educate people about our products and hopefully encourage a lot of new players to play the game.

Thanks for pointing that out! We'll get it fixed asap. Nothing like a game of painball!!!!! That sounds fun.
Old 05-08-2014, 08:45 PM #33
Paintball Marketing

Already fixed it. Thanks Again.
Old 05-08-2014, 08:51 PM #34
CrusaderPB
Field, Pro Shop & Repairs

Annual Supporting Member
CrusaderPB owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
CrusaderPB supports Bob Gurnsey
CrusaderPB supports our troops
CrusaderPB has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
CrusaderPB has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
CrusaderPB supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paintball Marketing View Post
Keep in mind that if you do sell an entry level marker to a new player you are creating a new customer for that field or store. That new player will want to buy goggles and paint and a loader and everything else that the store sells. He will likely want to go play at the local field as well. You are creating customers for the fields and stores. Certainly, we don't recommend "slinging" products from your trunk and BTW that is not how it works. All sales are made at MAP pricing so there is no under-cutting of the pricing and the goods are drop shipped directly to the customer.

However, we do recommend that reps have a conversation with their local field or store and explain what they are doing and how they can help them get business. Nothing shady. Just truthful and upfront. Most fields and stores would love to have someone that is sending them customers…even if they potentially lose an entry level sale that they might have never made.
So... basically you, Gog, want to make the entire player base a sales rep for your products. Selling and giving away dealership pricing.

I hope a sales rep reaches out and explains this to me very quickly, because now I'm more than close to closing my account...

No, at no point do I want under qualified non-trained persons selling paintball products. 'Nothing shady' would be true if you reached out to store and fields first.
Now a Planet Eclipse Service Center

Like us on Facebook! Follow us on Twitter! Subscribe to our Thread!
CrusaderPB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 09:15 PM #35
kingcatnip

kingcatnip owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
kingcatnip owns a Planet Eclipse GSL
Is this open to Canada?
Old 05-08-2014, 09:17 PM #36
Paintball Marketing

No, that is not the case. Specifically it is the entry level marker, the eNMEy and a barrel system. NOT an entire product line. Once a new player gets a marker they will need to go to your store and buy everything else.

All sales are at MAP so no, we are not giving away dealer pricing. That is a big difference from what you said. The product's value in the market place does not change. We are simply paying a sales commission on each marker sold. BTW, this does not prevent you from selling products. You are able to make any sales just as you would now. Remember, this is an entry level product.

As for your non-trained comment, all reps are required to take a PTI safety course (at no expense to them) that will train them how to educate EVERY CUSTOMER about the proper and safe way to play the game and use the equipment.
Old 05-08-2014, 09:19 PM #37
Paintball Marketing

Yes, the USA and Canada. We have a Canadian drop ship location and are working with Flag Raiders in Ontario so there won't be any cross boarder issues.
Old 05-08-2014, 09:35 PM #38
iBEAST

I have already reached out for info about this. The packet of info I was provided doesn't seem sketchy at all. And this is actually very good and helpful for people in my area where outlets for paintball gear is very limited. As he stated previously, this is for an entry level marker with a nice barrel kit ....kids spend tons of money on tippmans still, so why not a more modern product? These go for the same price on eBay that players who offer it to their friends would sell it for, AND they can make a little playing money off of it. I push markers to my buddies all the time....sure would be nice to make a few bucks on it!
iBEAST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 09:37 PM #39
Mr.paintball100

Mr.paintball100 owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Mr.paintball100 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Mr.paintball100 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
I entered
Old 05-08-2014, 09:44 PM #40
Nsimich

Nsimich owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
Nsimich has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Nsimich supports DLX Technology
The first thing i would like to state is that I am not attempting to bash this program, only expressing my concerns with the gun chosen for this program.

the fact that the enemy is the marker being primarily, if not solely, being sold through this program makes me worried. I have done a good bit of work as a paintball tech, and the enemy was the number one gun that I saw that would have problems. not just from improper maintenance, but from manufacturer defects. The number of enemy solenoids that i have seen break is shocking to say the least. I haven't kept track, but if i had to take a guess it would be between 75-140 approximately.

I apologize if this seems like i am doing nothing but bashing this program. I am just expressing concern for bringing new players into the sport with a gun that I personally have seen a large amount of problems with. I personally feel that if these problems with this gun have continued to persist it could do more to drive new players away from the sport, than to bring them in.

Ultimately what we all really want to do is to grow the sport, and if this program does in fact end up doing this, that is great, and I will eat my words. However, I would like my experiences with this gun to be noted though.
Nsimich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 09:48 PM #41
Person

Person is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Let me tell you about this great new nutrition system.....

Let me tell you about this great new vacuum cleaner...

Let me tell you about this great new knife set...

FSP
Old 05-08-2014, 09:55 PM #42
Paintball Marketing

The eNMEy solenoid that was originally used did have issues. However, that solenoid was completely re-designed and released last October. Since that time there have been almost no failures. It is a far more robust design. Keep in mind that GoG offers a lifetime warranty to the original purchaser so any customers that had a problem with their solenoid can (and most have) get it replaced for free.
ReplyNews Ups

Paintball News Rules
  1. No Upping threads. If you have something to say, please do, but don't post in the thread just to take it to the top of the forum.
  2. Do not post "1st post", "1st", "First post" or anything similar (or with any other number) at any point in a thread, even if you post a comment too. It is really annoying and it will result in a ban.
  3. If you don't like something, say why instead of just calling it ugly, lame, gay or any other name. If it is old, simply post a link or report the post with a link to the older News thread.
  4. Please don't post links for places to buy items. That encourages stores, sponsored players and other people to do it and spam the site.
If you have questions, please post them in the Talk to Mods/Admins forum.