Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 05-05-2014, 07:57 PM #1
johnnieDlee

Looking for cheap, but good paint

Can anyone recommend any good or cheap paint? I am going to Midway Paintball in Vacaville, CA on May 17th. Was going to buy some Draxxus Midnight paint but the field doesn't allow Blue or Pink fill. Thanks!
johnnieDlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 05-05-2014, 07:59 PM #2
eforce
Factory PB

Annual Supporting Member
eforce is a Moderator
 has been a member for 10 years
eforce plays in the PSP
eforce is an NCPA player
You get what you pay for. I'd rather shoot a smaller amount of good paint than a full case of garbage.
Old 05-06-2014, 05:58 PM #3
MooseViking

what is your price range for a case?
i am a little torn on the whole "you get what you pay for" thing. i may be fairly new to the game but so far my only real issues have been with the cheap, bottom of the barrel field paint. i was blown away at how straight and consistent Marballizers are when my friend picked up a case. There are some other ones I have read good reviews on here that are just like a step down from Marballizers in terms of price that I am interested in trying, but yeah I bought a case of 2000 Draxxus Midnight from Sports Authority for $30 (i know you said you can't use these) thinking it would just be for plinking around and test firing and was pleasantly surprised by how consistent it was. I literally didn't have a barrel break all day until I chopped one of the crap pink low grad ones in the breach and then things went downhill.

I was a bit disappointed with the Karnage Bites for the price, as they were literally no better than the $30 Midnights and I dropped $20 more for the case of Bite.

i would say, if the field supplies paint, talk to other players that are there before you buy paint from the field. ask them what they're shooting and ask if they had to buy paint at the field what it would be. if i'm reading you correctly you're just playing some rec ball. shooting top of the line balls shouldn't be a huge priority, just something consistent and decent

also, why can't you use blue or pink?
MooseViking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 06:23 PM #4
johnnieDlee

Can't use Pink/Red/Blue because the field I am going to doesn't allow fill of that color. I've been trying to find paint under $45 but everything good seems to be $45+. I would buy Draxxus Midnight Paint but I just can't use it due to the blue fill it has.
Old 05-06-2014, 07:43 PM #5
MooseViking

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnieDlee View Post
Can't use Pink/Red/Blue because the field I am going to doesn't allow fill of that color.
haha. yes i understand that. why do they not allow that? seems odd

also considering you're near Vacaville, have you been to Paintball Jungle in American Canyon? Jungle is the only field I've ever been to and would love some insight into other fields in the area

Last edited by MooseViking : 05-06-2014 at 07:52 PM.
MooseViking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 07:50 PM #6
johnnieDlee

From my understanding it can be hard to tell the difference between Red fill and blood. People say Pink and Blue stain, so that's the reasoning behind the restriction on certain color paintball fills. Paintball Jungle was actually the first place I've ever played paintball at. I was maybe 10 or 11 at the time, but yeah, I'll let you know how Midway Paintball is. Going there for a birthday party.

Last edited by johnnieDlee : 05-06-2014 at 07:59 PM.
Old 05-07-2014, 02:41 AM #7
MaG Adrenal1ne
#PlayforPride

MaG Adrenal1ne is playing at Living Legends VI
MaG Adrenal1ne plays in the APPA D4 division
MaG Adrenal1ne supports DLX Technology
You can find lots of paint deals online but be prepared to get broken paintballs upon delivery. I would recommend a yellow fill.
Bored? On Facebook? Come join my group Paintball Gear for Sale!
***ONE OF A KIND G6R***
MaG Adrenal1ne is offline   Reply With Quote