Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 04-06-2014, 05:40 PM #1
Ivanslayer03

Nt10 from hell.

I have a nt10 that I have just given up on Asa leaks. The screw for the ads is stripped and Asa is loose. It's never shot well. And chops a lot. I've had pm6s pmrs and pm7s never had a problem with spool valve guns. But this one baffles me. Can I walk into the due factory in San Diego with it? And have em take a look? And what are the odds of getting that screw out. Can that joke be drilled out I'm not sure how the Asa retention system works on the nts. Or am I going to have to buy a whole new frame? Thanks. What settings worked for you guys and any tips on the chopping?
Ivanslayer03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 04-06-2014, 05:42 PM #2
Ivanslayer03

Hole not joke I apologize for the stupid auto correct my phone does. And I can't edit on an iPhone fir what ever reason.
Old 04-07-2014, 10:19 AM #3
the korean1
Team Carnage

well you have to start 1 thing at a time. get the asa fixed.
then next issue.
you probably can get them to work on it.
most problems are fixable by the owner.
Old 04-07-2014, 06:05 PM #4
Ivanslayer03

So no actual advice on how to fix it.
Old 04-07-2014, 08:59 PM #5
the korean1
Team Carnage

Well you haven't really gave a good description nor any pictures to help us see. Yes screws can be drilled out. Using proper drill bits and ease outs.
For us to answer "it chops alot" is so vague.
Do you grease properly. Have you techd the reg? What pressure are you set on. Heck. There's a l I t your not descriptive of. So advice follows proper questions.
Old 04-08-2014, 12:18 AM #6
Paint_hore
PBN=SUA syndrome

Annual Supporting Member
Paint_hore is a founding member
gun doesnt work, help

Rediscover: "its good to see you didnt take any flying metal objects to your juggular." 13pbstar13: "I dont have tits bro" (true story)
Paint_hore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 12:26 AM #7
Hotrod95
Dorito Player

Hotrod95 owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
Hotrod95 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Hotrod95 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paint_hore View Post
gun doesnt work, help
i lol'd
Hotrod95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 01:25 PM #8
Ivanslayer03

Ok well you could have asked that information to begin with. I haven't seriously played or been on this site since 2010 and haven't played at all since joining the military so I'm a little out of the loop. In fact the reg is still at factory settings. I do not recall about the dwell. If the screw can infact me drilled out that's fine I just needed to know I can do all of that properly I do it on brakes on cars all the time when DIY guys over tighten them. And yes the bolt is properly lubed. And I also recall installing the update kit from dye. Now has anyone had problems with tanks leaking with the Asa. I recall an issue with certain regulators I have taken it apart and lobbed very lightly that small little oring on the on off as well as replaced if but still a small amount leaks and it drives me crazy.
Old 04-10-2014, 02:21 AM #9
Hotrod95
Dorito Player

Hotrod95 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Hotrod95 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
You said that you lubed that oring very lightly, that's your problem. Cover that thing in lube and that will definitely solve your leaking problem

B'WINGED DYE NT11, DYE ROTOR, CROSSFIRE 68 4500 with SLP REG

VOTE YES FOR A DYE NT FLAT FACE BOLT!
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=4093643
Hotrod95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 10:26 AM #10
Ivanslayer03

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotrod95 View Post
You said that you lubed that oring very lightly, that's your problem. Cover that thing in lube and that will definitely solve your leaking problem
Ok thanks. I was given some bad advice then ha. I'm going to try and use a easy out bit on the Asa. And hope fully that works otherwise I'm going to drill it out hopefully it's standerd metric threading and I can re thread it with a helicoil in terms of chopping. I've tried getting a new eye pipe other than that I've only tried the softer bolt face. What kinda dwell and reg pressure settings are working well for you guys?
Old 05-06-2014, 04:27 PM #11
Counterfeit_Syn5304
-1uP-

Annual Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Counterfeit_Syn5304 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Counterfeit_Syn5304 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Counterfeit_Syn5304 supports Pev's Paintball
Counterfeit_Syn5304 plays in the APPA D5 division
Counterfeit_Syn5304 is Legendary
Counterfeit_Syn5304 supports Empire
Did you get your problems fixed? When in doubt go with stock settings and setup. I know this is probably stupid but are you sure the leak is coming from the asa? If its coming out of the macroline fitting it would be a completely easy fix by taking the fitting out wrapping some thread tape or blue locktite on it and putting it back in or if the fitting is shot then putting a new one on. I know a lot of people who think its something to do with their on/off but actually just a bad fitting.

As with most guns try to do trial and error with the chopping issue. Does your NT have the most recent generation of eye pipe for the NT? I've seen people who don't know better try to put a dm7 eye pipe in an NT. THEY ARE NOT THE SAME! The manual is very good at troubleshooting when you say you are having an issue with chopping. Are you sure its chopping and not just a barrel break? If possible try swapping out barrels, hoppers, different paint...

All of these things can cause paint breaking issues.

The ASA retention screw that holds the ASA in place is not the biggest screw so hopefully you find a ease-out small enough. Hopefullly you meant that the screw head was stripped and not the actual threads.

Sorry to necro this thread but I wanted to see if his problem was resolved.
Old 05-06-2014, 05:53 PM #12
grss429
Gun Tech! & Field owner

grss429 plays in the PSP
grss429 posts videos on PbNation
grss429 plays in the APPA D4 division
grss429 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
grss429 has achieved Level 4 in PbNation Pursuit
check sig

BE SURE TO CHECK OUT MY FACEBOOK PAGE! WEBSITE COMING SOON www.facebook.com/bfinpbt

Owner/home field.
Come play at Nature of the game paintball in hampstead North Carolina (910) 270 2163
grss429 is offline   Reply With Quote