PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 12-11-2013, 03:47 PM #1
Willtgm

Willtgm supports Empire
Tournament paint

I was wondering what was better, valken redemption, rps premium, or rps allstar.

Last edited by Willtgm : 12-12-2013 at 04:36 PM.
Willtgm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 12-11-2013, 09:39 PM #2
Tabris17
Will B/S/T Souls

Annual Supporting Member
Tabris17 is a Moderator
Tabris17 is BST Legit
Tabris17 supports our troops
Tabris17 is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
Tabris17 is Boss
Tabris17 is attending Decay of Nations VII
I definitely prefer All-star myself. Premium never seemed super up to snuff to me. I never shot the Infinity so I can't comment. The All-Star is great paint though for sure from my experiences at tournaments with it.

"Only the foolish believe suffering is just wages for being different. Only the savage regard the endurance of pain as the measure of worth. Only the insane equate pain with success."

PBR Feedback +26/-0 PBN Feedback +16/-0 IOG Feedback +10/-0
Tabris17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 09:47 PM #3
Fargo252

Fargo252 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Fargo252 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Fargo252 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Premium is a mid grade paint but I'm pretty sure the other 2 are tourney grade. I've never shot valley paint but I really like allstar. Premium is nice for rec play but like most mid grades it is hit or miss on quality. You could have one case that shoots as good as your top level paint but another case that has flat spots like crazy.

Christ comes first! Then paintball!
Fargo252 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 09:56 PM #4
team_xile
Midwest Whiteout

team_xile plays in the PSP
team_xile plays in the APPA D4 division
team_xile is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
team_xile is Legendary
team_xile supports DLX Technology
I love All star when it's fresh. Brittle shell and nice fill. Get a case that's old and it's horrible...like any other paint.

As stated, premium is a mid level paint, bit I don't mind shooting it. Never really had any issue with any premium.

As for valken goes, I've only shot graffiti and I liked it, I would assume their tournament grade paint would be top notch too.
team_xile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 11:14 AM #5
Mr. Stealthy

has been a member for 10 years
Mr. Stealthy owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
It can depend quite a bit on where you live. Most of the Valken stuff (if not all) is made in china and shipped overseas. In my experience the paint is very round and evenly sized, but it tends to be a little bit on the tougher shell side to help it survive the long boat ride. In my experience it can be stored much longer without issues due to the additives used to help it last longer.

The RPS stuff to my knowledge is still made in Clearwater, Florida. It can be really great and fresh stuff depending on what part of the country you live in and how fresh you get it. I will say generally if you get a fresher batch of paint, it performs much better than the Valken stuff. All Star is their higher quality brand and has a bit of a higher tolerance on paint sizing and shape. It is also a tad more brittle in my experience. RPS Premium has always worked great for me in all cases and is usually pretty excellent. My favorite pick would be the extremely fresh ultra evil paint that they sell at the events.

That being said, I usually just visually inspect paint for quality at whatever field I am at and shoot the cheapest quality paint I can.
Mr. Stealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 01:40 PM #6
JL1988

JL1988 plays in the APPA D5 division
Valken Infinity is absolute garbage. It is their lowest grade rec paint. I can not comment on the other two, but would avoid infinity especially since it is not tournament grade.
JL1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 04:37 PM #7
Willtgm

Willtgm supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by JL1988 View Post
Valken Infinity is absolute garbage. It is their lowest grade rec paint. I can not comment on the other two, but would avoid infinity especially since it is not tournament grade.
My bad, I meant to say redemption.
Willtgm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 05:25 PM #8
BigPumpPlayer

BigPumpPlayer owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willtgm View Post
My bad, I meant to say redemption.
Throwing the challenge flag here!

I have used redemption for a great long while, absolutely fantastic paint. I find it to be plenty brittle for tournament play, have a nice bright fill (I use their green fill), and best of all it is the most consistent paint from ball to ball and batch to batch.

On top of that, you will not find better packaging for paint. Mine comes in a typical box with extra sheets of cardboard lining the bags and moisture absorbing packets in each bag. Awesome.

I don't know if you are using just a bad dealer for redemption or had a bad batch but for me at least redemption is boss!
Sterling STP
"I Fight YOU!!! Pew Pew!"
BigPumpPlayer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 03:54 PM #9
x Wild Bill x

BigPump, pretty sure the OP meant to list Redemption and not Infinity which JL commented on...

Anyways, I second BigPump's sentiments about Redemption. Local field has it as their premium paint and it's great stuff. Always the same size, well packed and shoots great. I love it for pump play because it is so dependable and accurate.
x Wild Bill x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 08:19 PM #10
Ncballer22

love redemption used in alot of tournaments breaks and consistent
Ncballer22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 04:21 AM #11
icweiner
iseewhiner!

Infinity shoots worse than rps stinger, crusade and graffiti shoot almost identical imo. Redemtion is ball on ball and has more weight so like all good paint it flys awesome.
Old 01-04-2014, 05:36 AM #12
Jsres

Jsres supports Empire
In my opinion all star is probably the best paint to money ratio. Round and reasonably brittle and flys straight. The only thing is that for us it bores on the smaller size.

RPS premium is also very good for rec ball.

I really liked valken redemption and redemption pro when it was available. Slightly cheaper than ultra evil but broke just as good. The only downside is that the fill was a bit weak compared to ultra evil.
Dye DM12 White/Orange aka Creamsicle, Pure Energy 70/45 w/Ninja Reg, Billy Wing Bolt, Dye Rotor
Dye DM12 White/Graphite, Ninja 70/45, Billy Wing Bolt, Dye Rotor
WGP 2k3 Mech Autococker Red/Black, Ninja 70/45, Shocktech parts, JT old school revvy

Certified KEE tech
Jsres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 01:28 AM #13
MaG Adrenal1ne
#PlayforPride

MaG Adrenal1ne is playing at Living Legends VI
MaG Adrenal1ne plays in the APPA D4 division
MaG Adrenal1ne supports DLX Technology
All depends on your playing conditions.
Bored? On Facebook? Come join my group Paintball Gear for Sale!
MaG Adrenal1ne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 03:29 PM #14
jgudoy

RPS Premiums
jgudoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 03:41 PM #15
HazMat725
Cin Sanity Paintball

HazMat725 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
HazMat725 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
HazMat725 supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Stealthy View Post
It can depend quite a bit on where you live. Most of the Valken stuff (if not all) is made in china and shipped overseas. In my experience the paint is very round and evenly sized, but it tends to be a little bit on the tougher shell side to help it survive the long boat ride. In my experience it can be stored much longer without issues due to the additives used to help it last longer.

The RPS stuff to my knowledge is still made in Clearwater, Florida. It can be really great and fresh stuff depending on what part of the country you live in and how fresh you get it. I will say generally if you get a fresher batch of paint, it performs much better than the Valken stuff. All Star is their higher quality brand and has a bit of a higher tolerance on paint sizing and shape. It is also a tad more brittle in my experience. RPS Premium has always worked great for me in all cases and is usually pretty excellent. My favorite pick would be the extremely fresh ultra evil paint that they sell at the events.

That being said, I usually just visually inspect paint for quality at whatever field I am at and shoot the cheapest quality paint I can.
As far as i know, Valken is making their paint in the states now....Nice round paint, but i do agree that it is on the tough side shell wise.

---------------------------------------------------------
HazMat725 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 12:25 PM #16
ionbrother

I've never used redemption but graffiti was spot on for me! No troubles whatsoever, and the shell was not as tough as I've seen mentioned. So that being the case, as long as it's not old I would go with redemption and expect just as high of quality!

MacDev Militia
ionbrother is offline   Reply With Quote