Old 04-12-2014, 09:14 PM #1
Ion103
SEMPER VIC

Ion103 plays in the PSP
Ion103 is an NCPA National Champion
Ion103 plays in the APPA D2 division
Ion103 is All In
Counter coaching in AA is getting absurd

I gotta say, this is my 7th nationals (thanks to grad school), and I have never seen so much counter coaching at nationals (I'm only talking about AA). This is not Psp, why do people feel the need to counter coach at a tournament that has no prizes? If it's semis or finals then maybe it's no big deal, but during prelims?

I am very disappointed in the people that are counter coaching. I remember a time when if a gun went down before a point, a person from another school sometimes let the random person use his gun. Tisk Tisk to those of you who decide to counter coaching a D5 player who has only played one tournament before today.

Have some class.
UW-Whitewater Paintball Team - KEE/EMPIRE
Ion103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 04-13-2014, 02:32 PM #2
midevilworm

midevilworm is an NCPA player
midevilworm plays in the APPA beginner division
Their counter coaching was better than their actual skill. Lol
midevilworm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 05:26 PM #3
PBPlaya35

PBPlaya35 plays in the PSP
PBPlaya35 is an NCPA player
PBPlaya35 is an NCPA National Champion
PBPlaya35 plays in the APPA D3 division
The counter coaching today was hilarious though.
Old 04-13-2014, 08:32 PM #4
WHOWHAT?
Team Who

Annual Supporting Member
WHOWHAT? owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
WHOWHAT? owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
WHOWHAT? supports Team VICIOUS
WHOWHAT? is attending Decay of Nations VII
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ion103 View Post
I gotta say, this is my 7th nationals (thanks to grad school), and I have never seen so much counter coaching at nationals (I'm only talking about AA). This is not Psp, why do people feel the need to counter coach at a tournament that has no prizes? If it's semis or finals then maybe it's no big deal, but during prelims?

I am very disappointed in the people that are counter coaching. I remember a time when if a gun went down before a point, a person from another school sometimes let the random person use his gun. Tisk Tisk to those of you who decide to counter coaching a D5 player who has only played one tournament before today.

Have some class.
Well put sir
1ST PLACE D-3 XBALL 08 WORLD CUP
2ND PLACE CHICAGO OPEN 08 D3 XBALL
2008 SPYDER CUP CHAMPS
WHOWHAT? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 06:01 AM #5
myhomieg
2k6

Annual Supporting Member
myhomieg owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
myhomieg is an NCPA player
myhomieg supports Pev's Paintball
myhomieg plays in the APPA D5 division
myhomieg has achieved Level 4 in PbNation Pursuit
Lets call em out...

Radford University Paintball Team

|G.I. Sportz|Dye|Vforce|Draxxus|
|PEVS|
myhomieg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 06:09 AM #6
PSUGhost
Penn State Paintball

PSUGhost is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
PSUGhost is an NCPA player
PSUGhost plays in the APPA D5 division
I have told my team for years that we will never counter coach, if we are going to win we are going to do it through our own skill. Personally counter coaching is an extremely low act and not at all conducive to extending an image of a friendly and inviting sport.
PSUGhost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 09:46 PM #7
Ion103
SEMPER VIC

Ion103 plays in the PSP
Ion103 is All In
Quote:
Originally Posted by midevilworm View Post
Their counter coaching was better than their actual skill. Lol
Lmao

Quote:
Originally Posted by PBPlaya35 View Post
The counter coaching today was hilarious though.
Ok yeah some of it was super hilarious, Ill agree on that one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WHOWHAT? View Post
Well put sir
Thank you.
Old 04-17-2014, 06:27 AM #8
Kirko017

Kirko017 plays in the PSP
Kirko017 posts videos on PbNation
Kirko017 is an NCPA player
Kirko017 plays in the APPA D4 division
Yeah, being a little more experienced I don't mind getting counter coached, just means I have more people watching me shoot people, and it makes it more enjoyable when we win :p

But unlike some schools with hefty budgets and funding, our school doesn't fund us, and we struggle to find new players at our campus to spend out of pocket to play with us. And of course we put the newer guys D side, especially on this layout. But I am sure it is a little discouraging for them when it is their 1st or 2nd tournament ever and with this crazy winter 3rd-5th time ever playing, and they're getting verbally harassed from the sideline haha

Last edited by Kirko017 : 04-17-2014 at 06:32 AM.
Kirko017 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 04:43 PM #9
l1ryan1l
<3<3<3<3<3<3 SLOTHS!!!!!

l1ryan1l is an NCPA player
l1ryan1l plays in the APPA D4 division
l1ryan1l is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
l1ryan1l supports DLX Technology
Quote:

Have some class.
I agree. Ive always had a strong distaste for counter-coaching. I noticed my team counter coaching a few points and scolded them for it, and I hope it didmt happen again. Hopefully more teams can see this thread and follow suit
l1ryan1l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 07:22 PM #10
Ion103
SEMPER VIC

Ion103 plays in the PSP
Ion103 is All In
Its just sad that some people are counter coaching a new player. I thought we wanted to grow the sport with new players. Good job at scaring them away jackasses.
Old 04-19-2014, 03:50 PM #11
frodoboy
**813**

frodoboy is a Supporting Member
frodoboy plays in the PSP
frodoboy is an NCPA National Champion
frodoboy plays in the APPA D1 division
Idk about you guys, but The Counter coaching during the finals gave me a good chuckle. If anyone had worse than that, i truly feel bad for you.
TB Damage Fan Club #100
Pbnation Feedback
STATIC
UCF KNIGHTS
frodoboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 03:23 PM #12
KirbyHpb
Black Market Kidneys

KirbyHpb owns a Planet Eclipse Etha
KirbyHpb is an NCPA player
KirbyHpb plays in the APPA beginner division
KirbyHpb has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Part of good communication is isolating your teammates/coaches voice from the rest of the noise going on
KirbyHpb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 03:32 PM #13
rwtfnow
RWTF / US Army

rwtfnow is for the Gunfight
rwtfnow is an NCPA player
rwtfnow plays in the APPA beginner division
Quote:
Originally Posted by KirbyHpb View Post
Part of good communication is isolating your teammates/coaches voice from the rest of the noise going on
Coming from the team that had two coaches that were counter coaching like a**holes.
rwtfnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 03:44 PM #14
Ion103
SEMPER VIC

Ion103 plays in the PSP
Ion103 is All In
Quote:
Originally Posted by rwtfnow View Post
Coming from the team that had two coaches that were counter coaching like a**holes.
Yup. They were the ones who pissed me off to make this thread

And to the NC state punk that posted in here, please find the tallest building in your pathetic town and jump off.

I mean seriously? How would a d5 player who has only played 1 tournament know to listen to only us? He's ranked D5 for a reason you ignorant tard and you can tell by the way he holds and shoots his gun. Damn you already lost that game, give up and let him enjoy the moment of hanging the flag for the first time ever in his paintball career.

You are the reason why new players quit, you are part of the problem that keeps our sport from growing. You want to counter coach then go to the Psp and have a field day. Until then shut your mouth at a ncpa event against a school b team. It was prelims, not finals.
Old 04-28-2014, 06:35 PM #15
KirbyHpb
Black Market Kidneys

KirbyHpb owns a Planet Eclipse Etha
KirbyHpb is an NCPA player
KirbyHpb plays in the APPA beginner division
KirbyHpb has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:

And to the NC state punk that posted in here, please find the tallest building in your pathetic town and jump off.

I mean seriously? How would a d5 player who has only played 1 tournament know to listen to only us? He's ranked D5 for a reason you ignorant tard and you can tell by the way he holds and shoots his gun. Damn you already lost that game, give up and let him enjoy the moment of hanging the flag for the first time ever in his paintball career.

You are the reason why new players quit, you are part of the problem that keeps our sport from growing. You want to counter coach then go to the Psp and have a field day. Until then shut your mouth at a ncpa event against a school b team. It was prelims, not finals.
Says the D2 player telling people to kill themselves
KirbyHpb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 06:38 PM #16
PBPlaya35

Quote:

Butt hurt huh? First off, to clarify, i'm the NC State kid Drew that your boys were counter coaching in the finals. Yes they mind****ed the **** out of me, yes it was annoying, and I was fine with it. **** happens. Afterwards I highfived your boys who were counter coaching me (cause it was funny) and shot gunned a beer with your boy Cody, who was yelling the whole time.

They told me about what happened. I didn't see the game where the "counter coaching" occured and I don't know if you did either but seeing that your ranked D2 I imagine you have a great deal paintball knowledge and common sense.

So knowing that you probably seen your fair share of real paintball kids, if you saw the guy that was with State who was yelling codes to no one on the field or counter coaching you would of realized that the kid has barely ever played paintball. Is a ****tard. He's was coaching the second State team full of D5 kids, that didn't do good, and we put him with them so he wouldn't bother the first team cause he's an idiot.

In my opinion you should've said something to him at the field, during the tournament and not cry about it on the internet cause it would've been a great story to hear about him being a ***** when you called him out.
Old 04-28-2014, 06:40 PM #17
PBPlaya35

Quote:
And Kirby shut the **** up. you need to go pass out so your kidneys get stolen
Old 04-28-2014, 06:41 PM #18
PAINTSLINGER05

PAINTSLINGER05 is an NCPA player
PAINTSLINGER05 plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
So knowing that you probably seen your fair share of real paintball kids, if you saw the guy that was with State who was yelling codes to no one on the field or counter coaching you would of realized that the kid has barely ever played paintball. Is a ****tard. He's was coaching the second State team full of D5 kids, that didn't do good, and we put him with them so he wouldn't bother the first team cause he's an idiot.
Lol, uncle kovach strikes again..
Old 04-28-2014, 07:23 PM #19
rwtfnow
RWTF / US Army

rwtfnow is for the Gunfight
rwtfnow is an NCPA player
rwtfnow plays in the APPA beginner division
Quote:
Butt hurt huh? First off, to clarify, i'm the NC State kid Drew that your boys were counter coaching in the finals. Yes they mind****ed the **** out of me, yes it was annoying, and I was fine with it. **** happens. Afterwards I highfived your boys who were counter coaching me (cause it was funny) and shot gunned a beer with your boy Cody, who was yelling the whole time.

They told me about what happened. I didn't see the game where the "counter coaching" occured and I don't know if you did either but seeing that your ranked D2 I imagine you have a great deal paintball knowledge and common sense.

In my opinion you should've said something to him at the field, during the tournament and not cry about it on the internet cause it would've been a great story to hear about him being a ***** when you called him out.
Drew,

I can totally understand your position. I was on the "B" line of Milwaukee and we were a bunch of beginner/D5 players. We were playing your "B" line as well or whatever you refer to them as. It was just a bit angering having one of your two coaches counter coach our player. I understand that you necessary cant tell ranks on the field but it was prelims and it was your second line. We confronted your coach between games and said "Why do you feel the need to counter coach our D5 players?" He (Red head guy with a goatee) responded with "Whatever its Nationals."

All and all I would just like to say there should be no harsh feeling between us but your "Coaches" shouldn't be counter coaching a match that has two "B" lines. Congrats on your victory and thank you for handling it well.

Jeremy.
rwtfnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 09:43 PM #20
Ion103
SEMPER VIC

Ion103 plays in the PSP
Ion103 is All In
Quote:

Ah yes Drew I remember you. You took our counter coaching like a champ (only to show your coach what it felt like), so props to you man. Btw congrats on the big win.

I did call him out during my B teams game, and his response was "this is a national tournament we are here to win" And I told him it was my d5 player that he was counter coaching and you guys had already lost the point just let it go, and he basically said he didnt care at all then walked away because the game had ended and went to your pits.

Your other older coach was cool, and was a nice guy. I told him what happened and he was not happy about it.

I tried not to single you guys out (my first post) but you know...its nation and things escalate quickly. Regardless it wasnt only your coach. I saw it from a lot of people at nationals and I had never seen it this bad. Only on sunday did the counter coaching start.

Quote:
I was being sarcastic to get a point across. My ranking has nothing to do with this conversation. The ranking of the d5 player, that has everything to do with this thread.

Last edited by Ion103 : 04-28-2014 at 09:46 PM.
Old 04-29-2014, 07:21 PM #21
CEFRAZEE

CEFRAZEE plays in the PSP
CEFRAZEE is an NCPA player
CEFRAZEE is an NCPA National Champion
CEFRAZEE plays in the APPA D4 division
Now we can all drink beers together except our one coach