Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 04-24-2014, 11:04 PM #1
Michael256

Spring cup and other misc question

Hi guys. I bought a tippman 98 custom that had an m4 stock on it, used on Craiglists. It's performed great.

I tried to figure out how to remove the stock, and stupid me didn't look it up first, so I assumed it might be screw on. Tried to unscrew it. That was a mistake. Broke a little tab and now the stock is unusable.

That doesn't really bother me too much anyway. My EMR5 is now my long range, stock equipped marker of choice.

However, I jacked up the internals a little bit when I did that, so I had to disassemble the marker. This gun appears to have the ACT kit. The spring for the ACT arm came out. At first I thought I broke it's rod. It seems short. But I didn't find another half of it anywhere. So I put everything back the way I thought it should be, screwed the halves back together, cocked it, and it dry fired. Tried to cock it again and it wouldn't.

Disassembled it again, and some of the parts flew out on me. Next thing I know I have a little black tube (which I found out to be the spring cup.). I looked at the manual on Tippmans website and I see absolutely no mention of this. Not sure what to do with it, I put it on the ACT spring, thinking maybe it helps keep it from popping out of its groove. I reassembled the marker and it shot fine, but it's bothering me that I don't know where it was really supposed to go. So did it go where I put it? Or does it go in the bolt for the drive pin spring?

Also, does anyone know what the little pin in the spring for the ACT mechanism is called? The manual referenced some parts for the ACT system but did not seem to actually show them.

Thanks!

(edit : I noticed when firing the marker a few times, little bits of dry ice coming out from slot where you cock the marker. So for that reason, I'm assuming the spring cup was supposed to go in the middle spring and not the top spring. But I could still use confirmation. Thanks!

Last edited by Michael256 : 04-24-2014 at 11:06 PM.
Michael256 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement