Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 04-19-2014, 09:41 PM #1
ih181

Response Trigger on A5 problems

Hey everyone, long time reader, first time posting. I've done as much research as I could find but I don't see anything addressing my issue.

I've got two older A5's with response triggers that do not work properly. One has a very slow response and I can not give it more trigger pressure for faster trigger action. It does fire I'd say about 1 shot per second but that is it's current max.

The other has no trigger piston response at all. I see it kicking forward but it only fires semi auto.

I'm blowing a brand new 20oz bottle of fully filled C02 and a remote line on both guns.

I've checked Tippmann's site and followed their troubleshooting guidelines. All O rings, taken everything apart and oiled it, blown air through all the lines and I don't find any debris. On both guns the flow control is super tight and I can't get the pressure up enough for it to restrict my fire like the tuning video shows. I've screwed in the velocity screw to try for more back pressure but I don't have a chrono to see really where I'm at. That hasn't helped anyway. Also I've read about Tippmann suggesting bigger hoses but does that seem to be a solution to my issue?

Suggestions? Thanks in advance.

Last edited by ih181 : 04-19-2014 at 10:02 PM.
ih181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 04-19-2014, 09:58 PM #2
Whiteyboy

Annual Supporting Member
Whiteyboy is a Moderator
Whiteyboy donated to help Peyton Trent
Whiteyboy is playing at Living Legends V
Whiteyboy supports Bob Gurnsey
Whiteyboy supports our troops
Are you using a remote?

HPA or co2?

Any other upgrades?
Old 04-19-2014, 10:02 PM #3
ih181

Forgot to add that. Added to the main post, but I've got a new fill on a new bottle of C02 and a remote line.
Old 04-20-2014, 12:30 AM #4
Whiteyboy

Annual Supporting Member
Whiteyboy is a Moderator
Whiteyboy donated to help Peyton Trent
Whiteyboy is playing at Living Legends V
Whiteyboy supports Bob Gurnsey
Whiteyboy supports our troops
Try testing it without the remote line as it might be restricting the pressure.
Old 04-20-2014, 09:31 PM #5
Jay2014

I have a couple of A5 R/Ts. Do,you have the old style 2 piece air fitting that goes through the back of the receiver and makes a 90 degree turn down to the grip? It has a small round tube with about 4 o-rings and fits through another round tube.
I never could get that type to run right because it always leaked.

If you screw the adjustment screw all the way in (clockwise) and you can pull the trigger and dry fire it more than 2 or 3 times with it aired up you are leaking pressure either in the connections or in the piston.

I personally gave up on mine and bought the new style 1 piece 1/8" version. It works much better ( meaning it actually works )
Jay2014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 09:34 PM #6
Jay2014

Also it works with both HPA and CO2 with the remote or without. The CO2 is bad news with the R/T because you will freeze the o-rings on the remote, ASA, and even the tombstone if you fire it on full auto for long.
Old 04-21-2014, 06:22 PM #7
ih181

I believe this is what you are talking about Jay. The three pieces that make a T formation into the grip? I can pull the trigger all I want when the screw is fully clockwise.

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 04-21-2014, 09:54 PM #8
Jay2014

This is what you want.. I'm no expert, but I never had any luck with the older one.