Hey everyone, long time reader, first time posting. I've done as much research as I could find but I don't see anything addressing my issue.
I've got two older A5's with response triggers that do not work properly. One has a very slow response and I can not give it more trigger pressure for faster trigger action. It does fire I'd say about 1 shot per second but that is it's current max.
The other has no trigger piston response at all. I see it kicking forward but it only fires semi auto.
I'm blowing a brand new 20oz bottle of fully filled C02 and a remote line on both guns.
I've checked Tippmann's site and followed their troubleshooting guidelines. All O rings, taken everything apart and oiled it, blown air through all the lines and I don't find any debris. On both guns the flow control is super tight and I can't get the pressure up enough for it to restrict my fire like the tuning video shows. I've screwed in the velocity screw to try for more back pressure but I don't have a chrono to see really where I'm at. That hasn't helped anyway. Also I've read about Tippmann suggesting bigger hoses but does that seem to be a solution to my issue?
I have a couple of A5 R/Ts. Do,you have the old style 2 piece air fitting that goes through the back of the receiver and makes a 90 degree turn down to the grip? It has a small round tube with about 4 o-rings and fits through another round tube.
I never could get that type to run right because it always leaked.
If you screw the adjustment screw all the way in (clockwise) and you can pull the trigger and dry fire it more than 2 or 3 times with it aired up you are leaking pressure either in the connections or in the piston.
I personally gave up on mine and bought the new style 1 piece 1/8" version. It works much better ( meaning it actually works )
Also it works with both HPA and CO2 with the remote or without. The CO2 is bad news with the R/T because you will freeze the o-rings on the remote, ASA, and even the tombstone if you fire it on full auto for long.