PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 04-18-2014, 04:29 PM #1
TheManInTheSuit

Which Etek to buy?

Hi all,

Was just starting to get back into paintball again after 8 or so years. And I am thinking my "new" gun should be a planet eclipse. But since I am a little broke I was wondering which version Etek I should get. How are the Etek 1 and 2's compared to the later versions? Do you guys think getting an earlier version is worth the money I'll save, or should I just save up and get something newer?
TheManInTheSuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 04-18-2014, 10:10 PM #2
theVicious1

Annual Supporting Member
If you look hard enough you can find etek 1s for a little over $100. It's a lot of marker for the price, considering its the same ball park as new spyders. A little more cash will get you an etek3 or ego7 in the low to mid 200s. The extra money is worth it, but if you are so hard up on cash you'd be better off saving that extra money you'd spend on an etek3/ego7 and spending it on paint and field fees.

Also, remember that the eteks/egos run on compressed air so you will need a tank. c02 is a no-no.
theVicious1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 09:39 PM #3
BP0019
Hooligans Paintball

BP0019 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
BP0019 plays in the APPA D4 division
BP0019 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
BP0019 owns a Planet Eclipse GSL
I think you would be better off getting an Etek 3 at least.
Vypr GSL #658
BP0019 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 01:43 PM #4
36tyler81
tyler

36tyler81 owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
Go ahead and buy the Etek4 it has all that you would need and want. If you want an Ego dont get anything older then an Ego 10 they are going to start discontinuing parts for the interals so if anything breaks then you are out of luck. But if you want to get an '11 then the parts are about the same as the Etek and there are a lot of of stores and parks that could have the part you are looking for.
36tyler81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 09:20 AM #5
aarospoon13
Isaiah 41:10

Annual Supporting Member
aarospoon13 owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
aarospoon13 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
aarospoon13 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheManInTheSuit View Post
Hi all, Was just starting to get back into paintball again after 8 or so years. And I am thinking my "new" gun should be a planet eclipse. But since I am a little broke I was wondering which version Etek I should get. How are the Etek 1 and 2's compared to the later versions? Do you guys think getting an earlier version is worth the money I'll save, or should I just save up and get something newer?
BST here has some decently priced used Etek 3's and 2's. Decent meaning $250 and under which is pretty awesome. No point really looking at the 1 I'd say.

LOADOUT: Titan White Etek 4 LT * Ninja 50/4500 * Machine Gear * Black/White Exalt accessories
aarospoon13 is offline   Reply With Quote