PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 04-15-2014, 11:05 PM #1
Schmidke

Tipx rattle sound

hey guys hopefully you can help me out here

so i got my tipx in the mail the other day, installed the extended mag release from milsig (works great with some sanding to it) and installed the remote line adapter and worked great yesterday. so i just wanted to take a picture of it today and i took it out of the box and noticed a tiny little rattling in the rear of the marker. it airs up fine, no leaks, shoots fine. i took out the mag and still rattles a bit, took out the co2 and the cap and still rattles a little bit. rattles without any air to the marker whatsoever but still shoots. just wondering if this is normal or not. thanks
Schmidke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 04-16-2014, 04:04 AM #2
Spydercam

Im not shure but i think its the pin which seals the remoteadapter, so if no pressure in the TiPX the bolt das space to move !!! This is normal !!!
Spydercam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 03:26 PM #3
Schmidke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spydercam View Post
Im not shure but i think its the pin which seals the remoteadapter, so if no pressure in the TiPX the bolt das space to move !!! This is normal !!!
thank you, i wasnt sure what it was because before i installed it i shot a full co2 cartridge out of it and the noise wasnt there but once i installed it i noticed it later. thanks man!
Schmidke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 05:54 PM #4
PaperBoyWS
"Hell Must Fear Us"

PaperBoyWS owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
PaperBoyWS has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
PaperBoyWS has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Only a tad off topic, but if you are primarily going to be using your remote adapter you can take 2 wrenches, carefully take off the male nipple from the adapter, and remove the check pin from the nipple. This will take away the need to shoot the marker empty after you remove your remote line.

A lot of people prefer to keep the check pin installed for when they use 12 grams, but I never use them so it was a perfect fit for me.
TiPX/TPX Aftermarket Parts List
Empire Trracer. Tippmann SL-68 II. Tippmann TiPX. DP Rev-I. PE Geo+. Sheridan KP3. Milsig MK3 CQB Pro. 2k2 WGP pump 'cocker. WGP Trilogy Pro. Survival Game Splatmaster. Sheridan PGP.
PaperBoyWS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 11:50 PM #5
Whiteyboy

Annual Supporting Member
Whiteyboy is a Moderator
Whiteyboy donated to help Peyton Trent
Whiteyboy is playing at Living Legends V
Whiteyboy supports Bob Gurnsey
Whiteyboy supports our troops
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmidke View Post
hey guys hopefully you can help me out here

so i got my tipx in the mail the other day, installed the extended mag release from milsig (works great with some sanding to it) and installed the remote line adapter and worked great yesterday. so i just wanted to take a picture of it today and i took it out of the box and noticed a tiny little rattling in the rear of the marker. it airs up fine, no leaks, shoots fine. i took out the mag and still rattles a bit, took out the co2 and the cap and still rattles a little bit. rattles without any air to the marker whatsoever but still shoots. just wondering if this is normal or not. thanks
So it only rattles when the marker is not pressurized?

It could be the check pin rattling inside the adapter or just the adapter itself hitting the body.
Whiteyboy is offline   Reply With Quote