PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 06-21-2002, 10:33 PM #1
casw

has been a member for 10 years
Exclamation Grenade Launchers!

alright, im thinking of building and selling grenade launchers. how many of you scenario or rec players would be interested in buying a grenade launcher featuring: inline design, no nasty little pipes all over; Barrel mounted, for convenice and the tactical look; hooks right up to your current air system, no co2 or 12-gram adaptors; 2" bore, launching non-explosive homemade paint balloons, multiple paintballs for shotgun effect, or even a special short range splatter effect for taking out people within short ranges-they sure wont wipe this! so, would you be interested in this system for under 100 DOLLARS???
Old 06-22-2002, 01:05 AM #2
Crazy_J
The Godfather

Yea, I'd buy that... but only if I could take it off just as easily.

"I regret that I have but one life to give for my country." -Nathan Hale
Old 06-22-2002, 08:52 AM #3
casw

of course, itd probably use hose clamps to hold on to the barrel
Old 06-22-2002, 10:36 AM #4
Whiteshadow

Whiteshadow donated to help Peyton Trent
100 dollars is alot for that, but then again i would need to see it in action.... i probally still wouldnt pay 100 for that
Old 06-22-2002, 11:08 AM #5
Crazy_J
The Godfather

Oh and I'd only buy it if it looked good too, not like a hunk of PVC pipe with some hoses attached to it. If you set the asking price at $100.00, it better be made out of something hard, like lexan or something of that nature. You might even think about offering it in different colors in accordance to other people's guns. Just some ideas. Post some pics soon if you can, I'd like to see what it looks like before I say im gonna buy it.

"I regret that I have but one life to give for my country." -Nathan Hale
Old 06-22-2002, 11:28 AM #6
Moe21
West Nile ?

Quote:
Originally posted by Crazy_J
Oh and I'd only buy it if it looked good too, not like a hunk of PVC pipe with some hoses attached to it. If you set the asking price at $100.00, it better be made out of something hard, like lexan or something of that nature. You might even think about offering it in different colors in accordance to other people's guns. Just some ideas. Post some pics soon if you can, I'd like to see what it looks like before I say im gonna buy it.
I agree.. It should look bettter than a pvc pipe with a bunch of hoses on it.. Ya and you could paint em too and put a word on the side of it too(whatever buyer wants)
Old 06-22-2002, 12:45 PM #7
EvilScientist
Dragons Gallore

The EvilScientist does not know if this would be a very good product, based on the fact that many ignorant people view paintballers as a bunch of war-hungry boys.

The Scientist thinks that if you were to release this product and enough people bought it, you could in fact be fueling anti-paintball people by showing them what they want: virtual paintball warfare.

The one reason that many tournaments have avoided conflict is because their markers look nothing at all like military weapons.

The Scientist thinks that a paintgrenade launcher is going too far, too much military.

But on a side note, the Scientist thinks it's a wonderful concept, just release your awesome product after everyone learns to accept paintball.
"Drug therapies are replacing a lot of medicines as we used to know it."
"I was raised in the west. The west of Texas. It's pretty close to California. In more ways than Washington, D.C., is close to California."
"Reading is the basics for all learning."
Old 06-22-2002, 01:30 PM #8
mr_mich
Too hot for TV.

mr_mich is a Supporting Member
mr_mich thinks Evil Scientist is taking paintball's image way too far. There's already backup pistols, mortars, and tanks. What can a grenade launcher do?
Old 06-22-2002, 02:30 PM #9
casw

ok a couple of things... first off it wouldnt necassarily be 100 bux, probably materials cost plus 20-30 bux. second, itd probably be made outta metal pipes and some kind of bracket.. noy sure though. i need to come up with a valve for it because i dont want to use a ball valve which you can get at home depot making it look like plumbing... remember this is just an idea in my head and they would probably be made individually custom by me to meet customer specifications. thanks for the suggestions guys, looks like this thing will sell enough for me to seriously start to research and design. ill see what i can come up with and ill try to keep it cheap, because no one wants to pay 300 bux for a grenade launcher, right?

scientist, i see what you mean but scenarios arent really known by the poulous so it wont really make a difference. plus yea we have tanks and mortars already.
Old 06-22-2002, 08:38 PM #10
Bridger
pump/stock!

make sure it can fit those nerf rockets, MXS I think and some others have been using those in the scenario games, pretty cool from what I saw.
Old 06-23-2002, 03:21 PM #11
Machine_Head_15119

Quote:
Originally posted by EvilScientist
The EvilScientist does not know if this would be a very good product, based on the fact that many ignorant people view paintballers as a bunch of war-hungry boys.

The Scientist thinks that if you were to release this product and enough people bought it, you could in fact be fueling anti-paintball people by showing them what they want: virtual paintball warfare.

The one reason that many tournaments have avoided conflict is because their markers look nothing at all like military weapons.

The Scientist thinks that a paintgrenade launcher is going too far, too much military.

But on a side note, the Scientist thinks it's a wonderful concept, just release your awesome product after everyone learns to accept paintball.
If you're gonna let the "anti-paintballers" deter you from having a good time, then they've already won.

Seriously dude. Get a grip.
Old 06-23-2002, 04:53 PM #12
Tom Dotson
Be Like The Buddha

Yeah really. **** off evil_scientist. I personnally enjoy speed-ball more than woods ball but grenade launchers rock for senario games and monster games. Who gives a **** what anyone else think. Don't let image control you.
Old 06-23-2002, 09:36 PM #13
Asian-Assassin

I would buy one just to have because I dont think there are any fields that would allow one

MY FEEDBACK
Old 06-23-2002, 10:58 PM #14
casw

fields will allow it if they are hosting a scenario game. you could also use it playing renegade with firends. ill drop a line around here if i come up with some good designs guys.
Old 06-24-2002, 07:14 AM #15
Vagabond Soldier
Esh

Vagabond Soldier is a Supporting Member
Here are my conserns

1. weight. Everyone has been complaining about PVC pipes and all but there is one thing that PVC has over metal pipe, it is lighter. When you start getting into exotic materials the price will go up so PVC is probably the best choice for barrel matterial.

2. barrel size. What are you going to design this to fire? Like Bridger stated some of the scenario promoters have been using nerf football rockets for LAW rockets. That is a pretty big barrel to fit under a paintball gun. Not to mention to place it on the gun for an entire scenario game would really add weight to a gun.

3. placement on gun. Your going to use hose clamps to attach it to my boomstick? I don't think so. Also what if I have to switch out a barrel during the game. Attaching it to the barrel with hose clamps will just make it that much harder to change barrels.

Would I buy one, I don't know. I prefer a stand alone platform that I can sling on my back. If it was a good design I might and just adapt it to my liking.

ESSAYONS

"Whom shall I send? And who will go for us? And I said 'Here I am, send me.'" Isaiah 6:8
Old 06-24-2002, 08:27 PM #16
Impulse_0
Its sad but true.

Quote:
Originally posted by Tom Dotson
Yeah really. **** off evil_scientist. I personnally enjoy speed-ball more than woods ball but grenade launchers rock for senario games and monster games. Who gives a **** what anyone else think. Don't let image control you.
I care what others think because the sooner paintball is accepted and is mainstream, the sooner we will have to stop paying such high prices. Maybe I will have a field closer then 1 and a half hours away from my house, and my parents will support my involvement in the sport. It is people like you with that kind of an attitude that is dragging paintballs image down with that kind of an attitude. Evil Scientist is right, but so is Mr. Mich. Sounds like a cool product however I don't go scenario games so I have no use for it.
Old 06-24-2002, 09:05 PM #17
Vagabond Soldier
Esh

Vagabond Soldier is a Supporting Member
Just because you don't have a use for it doesn't mean that it is hurting paintball's image. What hurts paintball's image is these drive-by shootings and vandalism that happen with paintball guns. A grenade launcher or LAW rocket launcher are specific to scenario games. If someone on the street were to see a grenade launcher or Paintball LAW, there first impression would be that it is a spud gun and had no connection with paintball. It is when you tell them that it is used for scenario paintball that they would even connect the two. I have talked to several people about building a LAW that is out of paintball circles. One guy thought it was pretty neat; he didn't know that paintball had such depth. He thought it was just a bunch of guy running around in the woods playing Rambo. The rest were supportive but they knew I played so it really wasn't hard for them to understand.

It's all in the sell. If you explain to them what it is for, and what the general concept of the overall game is their more likely going to take a live and let live attitude than a hostile one. Yes there are going to be those out there that will not accept it no matter how you explain it to them but then again there are people out there that think we shouldn't have a standing military. You will never convert the extreme all you can hope to do is make that group as small as possible.

Oh just a side note, when I was growing up I wasn't allowed to play until I was eighteen. My parents are extremely anti gun. When I did start playing there was major friction in the family. Now after 8 years they understand what it is and are just as comfortable with my gun in their house when I visit as if they were a set of golf clubs. They also know I'm not going to let my 3year old niece around it. (Goggles ok, she likes the yellow tint) Point is parents can be persuaded. Fields can be opened. Misconceptions can be fixed. Let us not chop off the leg because the toe is broken.

Sorry for the ramble. I got carried away.

ESSAYONS

"Whom shall I send? And who will go for us? And I said 'Here I am, send me.'" Isaiah 6:8
Old 06-24-2002, 09:27 PM #18
paintballfreak88
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by EvilScientist

paintballfreak thinks EvilScientist should stop talking in third person.
Old 07-05-2002, 10:37 PM #19
casw

please, if you dont agree with someone dont say "shud uhp yer stoopid" just state you disagreement in an intelligent statement, and if you cant, than dont answer.

if you wanted a launcher you could sling over your back, i could do that too, hell it be alot easier. and by hose clamps, padded of course dont wanna scratch you beutiful ss or maybe something fancier. i will most defintitly use pvc at first, but painted and coated well so it dont look like a big sprinkler. im gonna start trying to figure out a valve design guys, ill post when i got blues. if you got ideas, email me at casw@familyclick.com or aim me at infernalhooligan