Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 04-09-2014, 07:57 AM #1
quattroginger

98 custom using HPA / recommendations?

i've done some searching and found tons of topics about HPA on tippman's but not what im looking for.

what exactly is needed to switch from co2 to HPA on 98 custom? i was told low pressure kit was recommended but that tippmann kit looks to be discontinued. i was thinking just a ASA to control the air's on/off. is anything else needed? thanks
quattroginger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 04-09-2014, 12:45 PM #2
PaperBoyWS
"Hell Must Fear Us"

PaperBoyWS owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
PaperBoyWS has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
PaperBoyWS has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
I recommend this all the time, but get a Ninja SHP reg on your tank, or order a tank with one already installed. The reg when adjusted to 950psi output from your tank will match the output pressure of your Co2 tanks.

If you have any leaks or velocity issues once you switch all you should have to do is replace all of your orings.

Good luck with your switch, quattroginger!
TiPX/TPX Aftermarket Parts List
Empire Trracer. Tippmann SL-68 II. Tippmann TiPX. DP Rev-I. PE Geo+. Sheridan KP3. Milsig MK3 CQB Pro. 2k2 WGP pump 'cocker. WGP Trilogy Pro.
PaperBoyWS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 08:02 PM #3
quattroginger

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaperBoyWS View Post
I recommend this all the time, but get a Ninja SHP reg on your tank, or order a tank with one already installed. The reg when adjusted to 950psi output from your tank will match the output pressure of your Co2 tanks. If you have any leaks or velocity issues once you switch all you should have to do is replace all of your orings. Good luck with your switch, quattroginger!
Thanks for info, I am new however doing some research for a buddy. He has no idea how to use a forum lol.
quattroginger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 07:04 PM #4
team_xile
Midwest Whiteout

team_xile plays in the APPA D4 division
team_xile is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
team_xile is Legendary
team_xile supports DLX Technology
team_xile supports Empire
Any standard HP output tank will work just fine. 98 customs do not require SHP, unless you are running a response trigger. Nothing needed as far as conversions.

Note that if you have an expansion chamber, and run Hp you will not gain any efficiency as you would with co2 because there is no gas expanding from a liquid to gas.

SHP tanks are more for A5's with rt's and automags, things of that sort. They will not hurt your marker, but they are not required on stock tippmanns.
team_xile is offline   Reply With Quote