Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 03-30-2014, 07:22 PM #1
Ender's Game

OK I know what everyone is going to say but I have cleaned everything in the gun and re lubed it once with Hater sauce and once with techt drops. I fire it once and the bolt stays forward. It doesn't recock in order to let the next ball fall into the breech. I pull the trigger and air pops like its shooting. I have a ninja SLP 68/4500 tank on it. Also the battery is brand new. I have used this gun all season last year and never a problem once. I will be tearing it down again tonight and trying the techt lube again and wiping it off after I put it on just invade I put too much on last time. Any help on this would be awesome.

Solenoid problem?

Last edited by Ender's Game : 03-30-2014 at 07:54 PM.
Ender's Game is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-30-2014, 10:03 PM #2
GraniteGargoyle

GraniteGargoyle is attending Decay of Nations VI
GraniteGargoyle supports Empire
If you did not remove the stock lube from the Solenoid, it could be causing issue. Or may just need some love again.
Old 03-30-2014, 10:13 PM #3
CA_Tectonics

Bolt staying forward would be a sticking solenoid piston. Service the solenoid and you should be good to go. On a side note, some have had issues with Hater lube, some haven't. Don't use JUST TechT drops, it will just wash out your solenoid and you'll have issues shortly afterward. You may be able to try a mix of the drops and the grease for the bolt.
7th Element board, TechT bolt engine, magnet trigger kit, REV-I PMD, Sly Dual Carbon barrel kit, Prophecy V2, Crossfire SS 68/4500
Black and Silver Dangerous Power F8
APE Rampage board, VS bolt, magnet trigger kit, F8 gauge, REDZ barrel kit, Halo B w/ Exalt feedgate, PMI 68/4500
Polished Aluminum and Red Dangerous Power F8
Virtue board, VS bolt, magnet trigger kit, Halo B w/ Exalt feedgate, PMI 68/4500
CA_Tectonics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 11:31 PM #4
Ender's Game

I'm going to try mixing them and see what happens. Thanks for the help. I will post after I try this.
Old 04-02-2014, 03:55 AM #5
Ender's Game

Actually seems to work very well. I put some thicker stuff in my finger and then out a few drops on that (more of the drops than the thick stuff) and squeezed fingers together to mix them up. Shot the marksmen this evening and I worked like new again. I am very happy. Thank you for the idea
Old 04-02-2014, 04:39 PM #6
sirdouglasb12

sirdouglasb12 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
sirdouglasb12 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
sirdouglasb12 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
I had a similar problem with my G4. In my case, I think one of my O-rings went bad, which resulted in some abrasion/scuffing on the bolt. I know the G5 bolt is slightly different, but it might be the cause of your problem.

I had already replaced the O-rings, but that didn't make up for the worn bolt I fixed my issue by replacing with a TechT L7 bolt. . Not an option for you (yet), but at least you might look for signs of wear on your bolt.
Old 04-02-2014, 06:56 PM #7
Ender's Game

Bolt looks great. I think my particular G5 is a prototype so I think I actually can do a L7 bolt but I'm not that worries about it. It seems to working perfectly now. I think I just had too much lube on there the last two times. The G5 works so well I am not in that much of a rush to try and upgrade it yet. Thank you all for the help. Even though I already got it fixed its nice to here other peoples input because I may have an issue later in and it's good to just learn things that help in the future.

Thanks all
Old 04-02-2014, 07:23 PM #8
Darkh2o
DPOTer since 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ender's Game View Post
Bolt looks great. I think my particular G5 is a prototype so I think I actually can do a L7 bolt but I'm not that worries about it. It seems to working perfectly now. I think I just had too much lube on there the last two times. The G5 works so well I am not in that much of a rush to try and upgrade it yet. Thank you all for the help. Even though I already got it fixed its nice to here other peoples input because I may have an issue later in and it's good to just learn things that help in the future.

Thanks all
Get with me about your G5 being a prototype. I can tell you if it is. I am the original owner of my prototype as I was one of the testers.

I'm not Old, everyone else is "New".
Darkh2o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 02:09 PM #9
Ender's Game

PM'd
Old 04-07-2014, 11:41 PM #10
Ender's Game

So thank you all for the help. I do not have a prototype but nonetheless love my g5. I have not fired it with the PMD yet and am a few weeks out until I can at but will let you all know how it works. Here is my marker as I will be taking it out next month.

Old 04-07-2014, 11:50 PM #11
CA_Tectonics

Quote:
Actually seems to work very well. I put some thicker stuff in my finger and then out a few drops on that (more of the drops than the thick stuff) and squeezed fingers together to mix them up. Shot the marksmen this evening and I worked like new again. I am very happy. Thank you for the idea
Good deal. Glad it is working out for you.
7th Element board, TechT bolt engine, magnet trigger kit, REV-I PMD, Sly Dual Carbon barrel kit, Prophecy V2, Crossfire SS 68/4500
APE Rampage board, VS bolt, magnet trigger kit, F8 gauge, REDZ barrel kit, Halo B w/ Exalt feedgate, PMI 68/4500
Virtue board, VS bolt, magnet trigger kit, Halo B w/ Exalt feedgate, PMI 68/4500
Old 04-08-2014, 05:27 PM #12
emagana02

Quote:

How is that gauge attached?
emagana02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 06:28 PM #13
geckx7
Ballin' out with blanks

geckx7 supports Team VICIOUS
geckx7 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
geckx7 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
It's the DP pmd for the g4.
Old 04-08-2014, 08:16 PM #14
emagana02

Quote:
Originally Posted by geckx7 View Post
It's the DP pmd for the g4.
Thank you! I believe this is the one

http://www.ansgear.com/Dangerous_Pow...crpmdblack.htm
emagana02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 09:14 PM #15
Ender's Game

Yes that is it. It works just fine. Doesn't seem to effect anything. I ran about 500 rounds through my G5 with the stock back cap and then another 500 with the PMD and didn't adjust the Regulator at all. Chrono was the same with the PMD and without.
Old 04-08-2014, 09:15 PM #16
geckx7
Ballin' out with blanks

geckx7 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
geckx7 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by emagana02 View Post
Thank you! I believe this is the one

http://www.ansgear.com/Dangerous_Pow...crpmdblack.htm
Yes and it looks nice on a red g5.
Old 04-08-2014, 09:25 PM #17
CA_Tectonics

Quote:
Originally Posted by geckx7 View Post
Yes and it looks nice on a red g5.
Oh really?
Old 04-08-2014, 09:28 PM #18
Ender's Game

I really want to have all the accents on my black G5 done in a deep blood red. I think that would look slick but it wouldn't go with my deadlywind barrel set up.