PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 04-01-2014, 02:55 PM #1
Hyno

Hyno is playing at Living Legends VII
Hyno plays in the APPA beginner division
Need advice on a new PE marker.

I'm in the market for a new, high-end marker and wanted an honest critique on both these options and your opinion on which one you'd go for if in my situation. I currently play an Empire Axe and am ready to make the move up to either an Ego 11 or LV1.

I know that the LV1 is said to be a significant improvement over the Ego 11, but I want to know if the LV1 truly is worth the additional $500/$600 over what Ego 11s are now priced at. I have found an Ego 11 with a color scheme I am absolutely in love with, listed NIB for $894.95. With LV1s going for $1400/$1500, what is it about the LV1 that I should consider when deciding whether or not to spend the extra cash for it?

I've never heard anything bad about Ego 11s, and with the drastic price drop, I wonder if it makes more sense to just get the Ego 11 and using the money saved over the LV1 on a new loader (which I need; Rotor broke last tournament; getting a Spire) and new tank (really want the new Ninja SL). I could pretty much have a top of the line marker with loader and tank going the Ego 11 route for the same price that an LV1 would run me for just the marker.

Your thoughts?
Hyno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 04-01-2014, 03:32 PM #2
Magic rat

Magic rat owns a Planet Eclipse GSL
I've had an 11 and a LV1.
I sold the 11 to buy the LV1.
11 had a DART kit fitted to it ,that made a real diference to feel and efficiency
The LV1 is smoother,quieter ,more air efficient.
LV1 is longer, the macro less design is nice,only problem I ever had with 11 was macro leaking and one pipe burst.
Is it any more accurate.No
Do I regret selling the 11.Yes.
I loved that marker ,wish I'd never sold it,nothing like an 11 on full chat.
So then I sold the LV1 and got a GSL Vyper,which is my first GEO.
I'm loving that,but still would have another 11 if I see a nice one.
Son has an LV1 which I use occasionally.
Buy a LV1 second hand plenty around,unless you can afford to loose 500! On a new one.
Or a second hand 11 and a GEO3 for the great prices they are at now.
Or both for the price of new LV1.
So if I were you I would try them out if you can.
I'd be tempted by 11,tank and a spire as a great package.
We have two spire 260's and a Rotor now.
I've had two other Rotors in the past.
The Rotor is heavier duty,but you do get the occasional jam,the spires are smaller and prettier.Rotor is fugly with high top.
One Spire has always played up pulsing and popcorning,whatever the settings.
(It may have to go back)
Other one has never missed a beat or jammed.
The quick change,crown/ lid is a great idea.
Have fun.
Magic rat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 03:43 PM #3
Hyno

^

Thanks for the info and advice. I know I won't be going the second-hand route only because I purchased my Axe used and I really want my next marker to simply be purchased new. Nothing against used markers; just would like to have a new one. And I'm right there with you on being tempted by the Ego 11, tank, and spire (is the main reason why I made this thread). I'm at a cross roads and not sure which way to go. Money isn't really an issue as I could afford the LV1 and spire (although would probably skip out on the Ninja SL and just use my current tank).

I know everyone says the LV1 is significantly smoother than the 11, but is that to say that the 11 is not smooth? I don't really care about sound signature, but having a smooth shot is definitely a nice thing to have in my mind. What kind of shot does the 11 have?
Old 04-01-2014, 03:49 PM #4
Evo56

Both are great guns and can't go wrong with either. I have both and use my lv1 over my 11. In my opinion it is worth the extra $$$ due to the upgrades they have put into it, the new design and I really love the ergos on it now and "macroless" feature. The lv1 is definitely a new type of ego it's super smooth and significantly more quiet than the previous egos. I feel the price is justified but it comes down to what you want and like better if you get to shoot both. You can't go wrong with either to be honest. If you got the cash for a lv1 and don't mind spending extra for new tank and hopper then go for it but if you don't got the extra cash you can get the 11 and other gear for same price.
Evo56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 04:25 PM #5
Magic rat

Go for a new LV1 in colour of your choice.
I'm still going to get another 11 though!

Last edited by Magic rat : 04-01-2014 at 04:28 PM.
Old 04-01-2014, 04:32 PM #6
Cracker with a gun
- Logan -

Annual Supporting Member
Cracker with a gun supports Cereal Killerz 2
Cracker with a gun is playing at Living Legends VII
Cracker with a gun owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Cracker with a gun owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Cracker with a gun plays in the APPA beginner division
Cracker with a gun is Legendary
i really really like my LV1 and will probably never sell it (made that mistake with my ego 7)... unless they come out with an SL LV1. It really depends on how much you are willing to spend. I'd say get the newest ego you can afford, but thats just me. All will shoot great, but have been improved by shot quality (smoother and quieter) and ergonomics with the newer models.

$300-400 get an ego 7/8
$600 get an ego 11
$800-1000 get an LV1
Cracker with a gun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 05:37 PM #7
Hyno

Thanks for the advice everyone. I'm probably gonna sit on it for a few weeks to think it over. Anyone else can chime in at any time if they have thoughts.
Old 04-01-2014, 06:53 PM #8
kingcatnip

kingcatnip owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
kingcatnip owns a Planet Eclipse GSL
I was originally looking at ego 11 or lv1 I went with the ego 11 and picked up a dart kit because i could get it brand new for cheap relative to their original price and the cost of the lv1. However I do always wonder what paintball life would have been like if I went for the lv1. Perhaps in a parallel universe I am rocking an lv1 telling you the opposite. Either way your are still shooting a marvellous piece of equipment.
Old 04-01-2014, 09:09 PM #9
Hyno

^

That's kind of my thinking on it. The only reason I'm in debate about it is because I've found an Ego 11 I'm in love with. Up until seeing it I was dead set on the LV1. But not because I found an LV1 that struck the same chord in me as this Ego 11 did. Rather I knew I wanted a high-end, tournament ready poppet marker. I know an Ego 11/Virtue Spire/Ninja Super Light would give me just that. And I can get all three parts of that set-up that for what an LV1 marker costs alone. But at the same time, I might always wonder what paintball life would be like with the LV1 given that I've heard nothing other than how it is, by far, the nicest shooting Ego to date.

How do you like the shot of your Ego 11? Does it have bad kick or is it pretty smooth shooting?
Old 04-01-2014, 09:21 PM #10
bcrguy
F**k S**t Up...

bcrguy is playing at Living Legends VI
bcrguy owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
i recently picked up an ego11 and i love it. feels awesome in the hands and shoots beautifully.

i have a friend who let me borrow his lv1 at a clinic the other week and i noticed the grip frame was a little weird. it felt like it came to a point or a wedge at the front of the frame in your bottom fingers, which i didn't like. the shot quality is phenomenal though and everything else was great but the frame felt weird to me.
Citrus Connection #88
bcrguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 01:48 PM #11
kingcatnip

kingcatnip owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
kingcatnip owns a Planet Eclipse GSL
I love the shot of my ego 11 it was nice stock then I put in the dart kit and switched the soleniod settings for a smother shot. There was a notable difference from stock. Rof held up just fine. Then I switched my regulator to low pressure even better consistency and accuracy. Finally the shaft 4 barrel was good but I went and added a stainless steel freak kit with a deadly wind barrel and it is insanely accurate, efficient and smooth. Its mere existence on the field should be ruled a war crime. Hope that helps.
Old 04-02-2014, 02:43 PM #12
Magic rat

Just bought another 11 in Swamp II, DART kit fitted.
Going to fit tan grips and a LV1 reg rubber.
Old 04-02-2014, 09:53 PM #13
CAOL_98
Ego User

CAOL_98 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
CAOL_98 owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
I don't think you'll be disappointed if you grab that 11...you'll be getting one of the finest guns on the market and you'll have some extra cash to finish out your equipment for it...I think it's a smart decision! Later down the road look into an lv1 though...you won't regret it! But for the time being, my votes on the 11! They shoot WAY nice, especially with the Dart kit installed and your solenoid setup for a soft shot (2 on the rear and 7 on the forward.... It's in the manual)...had mine setup like that and it was very nice! And if you want the lv1 ergonomics it's as easy as slapping on an lv1 grip kit! Snag the 11 and enjoy by all means!!!

"This sport transcends all expectations. I thank God for this gift and the friends I have made playing."
CAOL_98 is offline   Reply With Quote