Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 03-07-2014, 01:45 PM #1
rudeyuut

Noob question about the crossover xvr

Pretty new to paintball (about couple times a year in spring and summer), play mainly woodsball. After reading a bunch of reviews, I decided to upgrade to a crossover xvr with a pinokio speed and a 68/4500 ninja dura. I got tired of using rental tippman 98s. Are there any issues that comes with the gun. I did a search and a few people recommended switching out the board and trigger. Is it also compatible with and other barrels, e.g Apex 2?

Thanks in advance.
rudeyuut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-07-2014, 02:48 PM #2
unfated33
Punk Engineer

The XVR should have the upgraded trigger already installed. If you find that the trigger is stiff, you have the option of cutting or removing the trigger spring. If you're still new to paintball, I would think it's unlikely you'll need to replace the board at this time.

The XVR comes stock with a two piece barrel which will be fine for your use. It is compatible with A5 barrels and comes with an autococker adapter for use with autococker barrels.
unfated33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 04:46 PM #3
rudeyuut

Cool Thanks
Old 03-09-2014, 03:30 PM #4
Jay2014

The only issue I have found with the Crossover out of the box is the battery is a little loose and does not always contact well. I have bent down the metal contacts slightly on the circuit board and no more trouble with electronic mode not coming on consistently.
Jay2014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 02:00 PM #5
7paintball
Service at its best.

7paintball is playing at Living Legends III
7paintball supports Sherwood Forest
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay2014 View Post
The only issue I have found with the Crossover out of the box is the battery is a little loose and does not always contact well. I have bent down the metal contacts slightly on the circuit board and no more trouble with electronic mode not coming on consistently.
Also remember to take the battery out when not using it.
Lockport, IL 60441
(815) 588-1777

We always offer discounts to the Military, Police and Fire Departments.
7paintball is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 03:17 PM #6
sumo64c

Annual Supporting Member
I use a heavy duty 9v....they are slightly larger and more expensive and fit the crossover very nicely.
sumo64c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 05:25 PM #7
ECA77

I have used lithium batteries in mine, removed them after playing and the first one out of the two I have been playing with has just gone dead. I have been playing two years at least once a month if not two times and each time put a case through it. The second battery is still going strong and I will probably get at least a few more cases out of it. I can really recommend Lithium batteries. I know they cost a lot, but you will be needing new batteries a lot less.
And the board is apparently only weak in the PSP mode, so if you do tournaments you should get the Virtue board, other than that the stock is fine.
ECA77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 03:33 PM #8
rudeyuut

Finally tried out the marker at Skirmish this past weekend and it feels pretty sweet. I'll have to say the marker is pretty accurate with the stock barrel. The weather was pretty nasty, between rain, 20 temp drop and the wind was pretty bad. I was accurate for about 30-40 feet, then the paint veered in whatever direction the wind was blowing. Probably get the barrel kit, switch it out for a .688. Honestly, the only problems I had was with my hopper (Pinokio Speed) with ball jams. I think the weather had a big effect with my setup, but it still shot pretty accurately. Going to have to go on a better day and tryout the tournament modes. Pretty happy with the marker.