Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 03-29-2014, 11:27 AM #1
weiked

A5 paint problem please help

Hi all, I stripped and painted my a5 receivers with white primer, flat black and then clear coat. It looks like crap in my opinion (all shiney). I followed youtube and put it in the open for 10min and it bubbled all the paint (now it really looks like crap). How do I get all of this paint off and start all over? I am 30 min away from buying aircraft stripper and spraying all the paint off? Can someone direct me in a better way to paint or flat black. (paint used rustolium)

Q2) is it ok to put aircraft on the internal section? looks like a little paint got in there.

Q3) about 24 hours in before I smoked it in the oven I put my nail into the paint and it slowly pierced the paint does that mean it is not fully dry?

Thank you for all your help in advance
weiked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-29-2014, 11:41 AM #2
Buwaro
Northern Indiana PB

Don't put it in the oven. Household paint isn't meant for that kind of drying. Go ahead and strip the gun with paint remover, it isn't going to hurt it. Then use something like brake cleaner to clean the gun thoroughly. If you want just flat black, just go out and get some flat black, self etching primer. Spray it on and wait for it to dry. That is all.
Buwaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 03:18 PM #3
weiked

OK, I ran to the auto parts store bought aircraft, brake cleaner (as suggested) and polish. Gotta get the stuff to try before woodsball next sunday.
Old 03-30-2014, 12:01 PM #4
weiked

Last night I used aircraft and most of the paint came off. I need to do it again to get the rest off. Or should I just try to sand the rest?
Old 03-30-2014, 02:44 PM #5
first out

has been a member for 10 years
If you have the time then just sand it off, if you can get to it. If you don't have the time/patience to sand it off then re-strip it. A wood handled wire brush will help a lot for the inside corners.
New feedback system thread.Please post here first for serious deals and to leave feedback.
New Feedback
Old Feedback
first out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 07:55 PM #6
weiked

Quote:
Originally Posted by first out View Post
If you have the time then just sand it off, if you can get to it. If you don't have the time/patience to sand it off then re-strip it. A wood handled wire brush will help a lot for the inside corners.
this is the best I can do (pic after second strip, no wire brush). Do you think I should get a wire brush and do #3 or this is good enough. I tried sanding a little with 220 grit but nothing else is coming off.
Old 03-30-2014, 10:00 PM #7
first out

has been a member for 10 years
If you are using regular spray paint then just make is smooth as you want and paint over what is left. If I were powder coating it I would be removing all of it.
New feedback system thread.Please post here first for serious deals and to leave feedback.
New Feedback
Old Feedback
first out is offline   Reply With Quote