Community Focus

Old 03-28-2014, 10:47 AM #1
Maceface77
Machine Marauder

Maceface77 is playing at Living Legends VII
Maceface77 owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Maceface77 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
People write poor reviews.

I am so tired of reading reviews from people that have no idea nor do they care to take the time to properly set up a marker! I was just reading some and see so much negativity on dp markers I have used and know are just as good if not better than dm, bl, pe, macdev and other high ends out there. I wish that there was a criteria to being able to write reviews so that people can make a educated decision on what they want rather than your typical "It didn't shoot good" or "the efficiency was poor".

Machine Marauders

Machine Vapor F/S/T!
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...153&highlight=
Maceface77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-28-2014, 11:29 AM #2
zeth643

Welcome to the internet my friend, where people write what they want about something they don't fully understand or they don't know how to use/maintain.

I hear what you say, being a very satisfied G5 user, it sucks that a lot of people insta-bash the DP markers.

The only thing we can do on those threads/cases is to write our experiences with the markers and hope that new players who are considering DP markers do not get dissuaded by the haters.
zeth643 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 12:24 PM #3
CodyRHutch

Now I am considering purchasing a DP G5, and a ninja compressed air tank, with an empire halo too hopper, and an hk army speed feed. Is there anything I need to know in particular?
CodyRHutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 12:55 PM #4
xmc1146
Mount Vernon, Wa

xmc1146 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
xmc1146 is for the Gunfight
xmc1146 owns a Planet Eclipse GSL
Quote:
Originally Posted by CodyRHutch View Post
Now I am considering purchasing a DP G5, and a ninja compressed air tank, with an empire halo too hopper, and an hk army speed feed. Is there anything I need to know in particular?
make sure the Ninja tank is either adjustable or LP. G5 works well under 550psi. when I had my G5, it shot really well and without a hitch with 380psi tank output.
xmc1146 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 12:57 PM #5
firefoxx04
Up the Irons

firefoxx04 supports Bob Gurnsey
firefoxx04 supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by xmc1146 View Post
make sure the Ninja tank is either adjustable or LP. G5 works well under 550psi. when I had my G5, it shot really well and without a hitch with 380psi tank output.
this is correct.

You should also buy some nice grease like Lurker Lube or Violent PB Jelly. Lurker lube is only $8 and it will last you a very long time.

If you have any issues, post up in a new thread and we will get you squared away.
firefoxx04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 01:57 PM #6
Dedloc
That guy.

Annual Supporting Member
Dedloc is BST Legit
Dedloc is reppin' sidebar 4 life
Dedloc is Legendary
The DP forum has to be (maybe tied with the shocker forum) one of the most helpful in terms of people actually answering questions and troubleshooting.
Old 03-28-2014, 02:16 PM #7
Maceface77
Machine Marauder

I agree there are a good set of tried and true pbn members that are consistently helping with any dp issues.

Machine Marauders

Machine Vapor F/S/T!
Old 03-28-2014, 03:09 PM #8
CodyRHutch

What would be considered a low pressure air system? After lookin at several different tanks, it's just started to get frustrating and confusing and almost overwhelming because this tank has this, these are it's specifications, this is the price of it, and this one has this, does this, and the price of it is this

Also, why is it that DP G5s need low pressure systems?
Old 03-28-2014, 03:10 PM #9
Dedloc
That guy.

Annual Supporting Member
Dedloc is BST Legit
Dedloc is reppin' sidebar 4 life
Dedloc is Legendary
Quote:
What would be considered a low pressure air system? After lookin at several different tanks, it's just started to get frustrating and confusing and almost overwhelming because this tank has this, these are it's specifications, this is the price of it, and this one has this, does this, and the price of it is this

Same reason bob long guns require it. Internal air routing and the potential to blow o-rings.

As for the air system, go with a ninja tank with a pro reg. Its easy to switch them from high pressure to low pressure. And ninja makes quality products.
Old 03-28-2014, 05:09 PM #10
zeth643

Quote:

It's confusing at first, but here are some tips to get you started:

- Hpa carbon fiber tanks come in a variety of sizes, the most common one is 68/4500, that is 68 cubic inches of space/capacity with 4500 psi

- Hpa tanks have pressure regulator, most of them are adjustable, the pressure on normal regulators can be set between 300 and 800-850 depending on the needs of your marker.

- Using the best reg out there as an example, the Ninja reg, it works with 3 shims inside the reg itself, removing shims from the inside will lower the output air pressure of the tank. The more shims you remove, the lower the pressure.

- The G5 is recommended for low pressure, so if you have a Ninja reg, removing all 3 shims will set you at the correct pressure.

So, if you are getting a tank, first search the internet for the size you think it would be the best for you, all the different brand of bottles should basically work the same, what matters is the regulator, try to get the Ninja reg.
zeth643 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 07:39 PM #11
Inexist
Graphic Designer

Inexist is playing at Living Legends VII
Inexist owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
Inexist supports Empire
In regards to previous statements:

Dangerous Power makes amazing markers for the price point, problem is they release upper tier mid end markers for the price of entry level markers, which most often puts them in the hands of people who are new and don't understand the mechanics behind a marker, and furthermore don't understand how to maintain them.

They will encounter problems due to this, and then years down the line call them bad markers publicly. Then people who never shoot DP markers jump on the bandwagon and call them bad, which creates a snowball effect of people who have no idea what they're talking about popping up out of no where.

Additionally, in the beginning DP's Customer service was EXEMPLARY, then it became passable and average and everyone cried wolf. Now it's good again but people still claim it's terrible- without investigating further.

Owning and having shot several different high-end markers I still enjoy taking out my G3 and especially my Threshold (favorite marker) out for a spin and that's all that matters to me.

Good to see a powerful and intelligent DP user presence here.
Old 03-29-2014, 06:31 AM #12
iPaintSlinger
Front Line

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inexist View Post
In regards to previous statements:

Dangerous Power makes amazing markers for the price point, problem is they release upper tier mid end markers for the price of entry level markers, which most often puts them in the hands of people who are new and don't understand the mechanics behind a marker, and furthermore don't understand how to maintain them.

They will encounter problems due to this, and then years down the line call them bad markers publicly. Then people who never shoot DP markers jump on the bandwagon and call them bad, which creates a snowball effect of people who have no idea what they're talking about popping up out of no where.

Additionally, in the beginning DP's Customer service was EXEMPLARY, then it became passable and average and everyone cried wolf. Now it's good again but people still claim it's terrible- without investigating further.

Owning and having shot several different high-end markers I still enjoy taking out my G3 and especially my Threshold (favorite marker) out for a spin and that's all that matters to me.

Good to see a powerful and intelligent DP user presence here.
iPaintSlinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 01:18 PM #13
CodyRHutch

Ok. Now I am seein a lot of people on other threads sayin there is a problem with a solenoid. What is this, how can I fix it, and will I have to spend money to have it fixed or replaced?
Old 03-29-2014, 01:39 PM #14
xmc1146
Mount Vernon, Wa

xmc1146 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
xmc1146 is for the Gunfight
xmc1146 owns a Planet Eclipse GSL
Quote:
Ok. Now I am seein a lot of people on other threads sayin there is a problem with a solenoid. What is this, how can I fix it, and will I have to spend money to have it fixed or replaced?
Service the noid first. If it comes down to changing the noid, it will be cheap.
xmc1146 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 04:47 PM #15
Maceface77
Machine Marauder

the noid is a easy part to service and there are many posts on how to. Here is a link to the threshold which is the same solenoid.

http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=2683450#6

Machine Marauders

Machine Vapor F/S/T!