Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 03-28-2014, 04:34 PM #1
Jbaker33

experience with different bolts

So i am looking at trying out a new bolt for two of my LV-1's. I wanted to see what yall's input was concerning this idea. The 3 common ones I am seeing people use/try is the:

Stock Core 4
Pooty modded
TechT hush bolt

Want to hear opinions on them. Mainly looking to hear about any improvement in accuracy. Right now the accuracy is consistent. It has a slight curve to the left with a slight drop. Yes I know it has to do more with paint, but all the paint I have put through it so far has been extremely consistent in this. Some paint has a little more curve than others, but it is all very very consistant. My thoughts are is there a bolt out there that has the air delivery in a more precise location where the balls would drop straight instead of a little to the left. Anyone with any experience on these bolts share some input.
Jbaker33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-28-2014, 05:58 PM #2
tonycon
Knuckleheads Paintball

Annual Supporting Member
tonycon owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
tonycon owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
tonycon owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
tonycon supports our troops
tonycon is Legendary
tonycon owns a Planet Eclipse GSL
None of them will work on the lv1...

Proudly Sponsored By:
PBExplosion VirtueSpire Valken Paintball

KnuckleHeads Paintball Team
Game footage
tonycon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 08:27 PM #3
Soul06
The Last Thing You'll See

has been a member for 10 years
Soul06 owns a Planet Eclipse CSL
Soul06 owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Soul06 supports Empire
Even if they did fit it wouldn't do anything to affect accuracy. You realize that the air fills the entire volume of the barrel right? It doesn't just follow the diameter of the opening within the bolt

Custom Ano'd Prestige CSL w/ Dart Kit - Midnight Superblue LV1
Obnoxious, NY - High Velocity, NY - Liberty, NY - Cousins, NY - Top Gun, NJ
On Target, NJ - Accurate, NJ - Skirmish, PA - CPX Sports, IL - Paintball Explosion, IL - P&L, MA - Pev's, VA

Soul06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 09:58 AM #4
Jbaker33

yes i know this, but the air delivery comes up the body into/behind the bolt to push the ball out the barrel along with air. I was just curious if any of these affect the gun in a positive way? And on one of the websites, it clearly states that the pooty modded cure 4 bolt does fit the LV-1
Jbaker33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 01:44 PM #5
Pooty51
Pootypaintball.com

The cure4 bolts will only work on egos older then the lv1. The lv1 bolt is longer. If the bolt has orings on it then almost all of the air will be trapped by those orings and it will all go into your bolt. The lv1 bolt does have orings so your good to go. Wasn't the same in the past and that's why we have the modded cure4 bolt that does have orings that trap the air. Night and day difference in sound and noise out the back at your face. Also less air waisted. I do mod the cure5 bolt for less breach drag though. That's really all that you can do to the cure5 bolt.

---Pooty's Youtube Channel - Mod - Tech - Product Videos---
Pooty51 is offline   Reply With Quote