Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 03-25-2014, 09:34 PM #1
jeff1397

G3 problems

so for about a year I have had a very strange problem with my g3. It will work fine for a couple shots then fps drop drastically. Also, after a couple shots it would start to have an internal leak, then along with it still having the fps drop. I fully serviced the whole gun and that seemed to fix the problem (or so I thought). Just last week I took it out to play and now it doesn't do the internal leak however the fps drop was getting worse and worse.

What I've narrowed this problem down to: Regulator or solenoid

So, if someone could give me some signs of these going out, then I can be for sure on what is causing the problems.

Also, if you have anything to add or similar experiences, that would be greatly appreciated, Thanks!
jeff1397 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-25-2014, 11:07 PM #2
firefoxx04
Up the Irons

firefoxx04 supports Bob Gurnsey
firefoxx04 supports DLX Technology
A bad battery can cause this problem

Also, a bad tank can cause shootdown. Shootdown is when you are shooting semi and then gun seems fine but once you enter ramp or full auto, the gun drops in fps drastically.

A bad regulator can cause shootdown. Make sure the shims in the reg are DRY. Also verify the reg seat (black part on top of the adjustment screw) is in good condition.

The solenoid can cause issues like bolt stick and puffy but usually not shootdown. A regrease of the noid is recommended however.
firefoxx04 is offline   Reply With Quote