PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 03-19-2014, 12:03 AM #1
jarellnewwin

jarellnewwin is playing at Living Legends VII
jarellnewwin has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
New player need a lot of help

Hello all, I am just starting to get into speedball and while i can yell really loud, i have no idea what to yell out. I really want to play as a front player so i dont know if communication would be great as a front, but i know for a fact as a back you always need to be communicating. I have no clue on what to call if an enemy is at like the 50 dorito or like snake, i've been looking at posts and people talk about s1 - s3 and i know that means snake, but i honestly have no clue what the numbers stand for. I seriously just need a 101 on speedball and hope some of you guys could show me the ropes. Also if anyone is in the 408 Area, i would be more than willing to play games with and learn the ropes from seasoned players.
jarellnewwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-20-2014, 01:47 AM #2
Soulo

Annual Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Soulo plays in the APPA D5 division
I would honestly ask the players or refs at your field to see what they call it at their field. That's what I did. There is quite a few different names for each bunkers and the orientation people call the bunkers can be different also.

S1 - S3 generally refers to the bunkers on the snake side as you move down the snake. Where I play, S1 is the first knuckle on snake, S2 is second, etc. Same deal on Dorito side. D1 is the one closest to your side, D2 is the next one up, etc. Or it can be the other way, just depends how the people at your field calls it.
Old 03-20-2014, 01:56 AM #3
llama_rider

Communication is important no matter the position. Of course, as a front you don't want to be yelling out if you have the drop on someone. You definitely want to call out "(specific bunker) is hot" if you see someone make a move that your teammates may not have seen. If someone has their gun rolling on you call out "(specific bunker) on me" if you can pinpoint where you are taking paint from so that your backs and mids can hopefully shut them down.
llama_rider is offline   Reply With Quote