PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 02-19-2014, 07:52 PM #1
brock_averill
Ill Factor

has been a member for 10 years
DAM'D Hammer 7

Myself and dark_controller would like to present the DAM'd Hammer 7.

Now that I'm building the second Dam'd Hammer 7 I will provide a walk through along the way. I probably wont be providing much for measurements, but I will show placement so you can get an idea of where things are going and how they are being connected.

Start by fully disassembling your Hammer 7, next you need to mill off the front frame mounting hole so that the magazine can sit flat against the body.
I milled mine 7/8" in from the edge of where the standard magazine fits. You also need to mill some of the ridge behind the standard magazine location. Mine is 5/16" in from the edge.

Do not mill any deeper than shown in the picture, the body will become too thin. You will notice in the next picture there is a slight gap between the magazine and body. That is what you want, it wont be visible once the new magwell is mounted.

You should now be able to line your magazine up with the bottom breech opening and it should look something like this. Just make sure that the magazine opening isn't blocked at all by the breech opening.

Now, since you removed your front frame mount you need another way to secure it to the body. I drilled a hole in the frame just under the "A" in "HAMMER" that goes through the channel in the bottom of the body. I then tapped the body to use 10-32 screws to hold the frame tightly. Drill the hole in the frame slightly bigger so that screw can slide through and screw into the body channel. Just make sure your screws don't come out the other side of the channel.

I added a 10-32 nut into each side of the frame and filled it in with epoxy to beef it up a little bit and to prevent the sides of the frame from being pushed in when assembled. When you do this it is best to have the frame separate from the body. Thread the screw into the frame and nut until it is tight against the inside wall of the frame, then fill with epoxy. this will insure that the mount is straight.

Next, you need to cut your frame and trigger guard down as shown. It also needs to be sanded and have the corners rounded to fit with the magwell.

At this point you will want to drill holes at the front of the frame and epoxy nuts inside to provide a mount for the rear of the magwell.

Now that you have your mount for the back of the magwell you will need to mount the front also. You want to drill farther back than your pump handle rod threads in to avoid problems later. Then thread the hole. I used 10-32 for everything on this gun.

Then trim the supports in the back of the magwell to allow the frame to sit flush against the wall where the mag goes.

Just so you have an idea this is roughly where you will want to trim the magwell.

Now that you have a place to mount the front and back of your magwell, carefully measure before drilling the magwell to make sure your holes line up correctly with your mounts. Once you have the magwell mounted ,cut the front of the magwell off flush with the front of the gun and then cut the stock mounting holes off at the back. Next you will want to trim the top of the magwell down so that it clears the pump arm. Should look something like this when done.

Thats it more or less, now you can reassemble your gun and make adjustments if needed.

Final Assembly:

Shooting Video:
http://youtu.be/f6OuVeyGZOg

WTB: Salmon Viking

Last edited by brock_averill : 03-30-2014 at 07:21 PM.
brock_averill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-19-2014, 08:03 PM #2
jim4130
proud gmax owner!!!

jim4130 plays in the PSP
jim4130 plays in the APPA D4 division
jim4130 is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
jim4130 is Boss
Very clean
Is the magwell also off a DAM? Or is it custom?

come check out my gun collection

proud suporter of

shocker owners
jim4130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 08:12 PM #3
brock_averill
Ill Factor

It is the stock DAM magwell. The next version (my personal gun) will be cleaner yet.

Old 02-20-2014, 05:15 PM #4
Christian P
UWL and Scenario

Christian P is playing at Living Legends VI
Christian P is playing at Living Legends VII
Christian P has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Christian P is attending Decay of Nations VII
Sweet setup. Nice work
Christian P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 02:27 AM #5
Spydercam

Cool good job !!! I plan that too !!!

Can you give us some internal pics please ?

Did you buy the DAM Magholder as a single piece ? Or get it from a DAM ???

Thanks !!!
Spydercam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 10:07 PM #6
brock_averill
Ill Factor

First post updated with a walk through and shooting video!

Old 03-14-2014, 01:22 AM #7
Spydercam

Good job !!! Thank you for the pics
Spydercam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 06:22 AM #8
ztk78
Tc Paintball

ztk78 supports Empire
Support your local field, or you wont have one
Head Checking into your rope of paint...
ztk78 is offline   Reply With Quote