Community Focus

Old 02-11-2014, 10:41 AM #1
DradenPB#10

DradenPB#10 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
DradenPB#10 plays in the APPA D4 division
DradenPB#10 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
DradenPB#10 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
When do you bunker in the snake

When do you bunker some body in the snake. Do you ever bunker someone if there is somebody in snake corner. Also how do you get better with communicating with your own snake corner? Thanks
DradenPB#10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-15-2014, 04:45 PM #2
Ryan O'Rourke
H-A-M

Ryan O'Rourke is BST Trusted
Ryan O'Rourke is playing at Living Legends VII
Ryan O'Rourke owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Ryan O'Rourke posts videos on PbNation
Ryan O'Rourke supports Empire
Bunkering is dependent on situation. Communication and field awareness is extremely important for any snake bunker. You can bunker when there is a snake corner or back player behind a person covering them, but the task will be more difficult and is ill advised if you have to travel a long distance to execute said bunkering. In a tournament situation where youre up points bunkering is not the most important thing unless the opposing player is past the 50 (you dont want them tearing up your guys on oppo field) so sacraficing your body for his is useful. In a situation where you are down points and limited on time snake bunkering is a must. NEVER HESITATE when making a snake bunker move. once you leave your bunker the desicion has been made. if you stop to go back or deviate, more often than not you will get shot.

Overall work on communication with your team and just start bunkering people. Only way to get better at it other than watching tons of raw game footage on pbaccess is trial by error. You'll pick it up real fast after you get blown up a couple times.

"Originally posted by eforce: Headwraps are no more a part of paintball history than the salty jockstraps worn by random rec ballers in the 90's."
Ryan O'Rourke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 04:07 PM #3
wangerinjaw

wangerinjaw plays in the PSP
wangerinjaw plays in the MiLP
wangerinjaw plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan O'Rourke View Post
Bunkering is dependent on situation. Communication and field awareness is extremely important for any snake bunker. You can bunker when there is a snake corner or back player behind a person covering them, but the task will be more difficult and is ill advised if you have to travel a long distance to execute said bunkering. In a tournament situation where youre up points bunkering is not the most important thing unless the opposing player is past the 50 (you dont want them tearing up your guys on oppo field) so sacraficing your body for his is useful. In a situation where you are down points and limited on time snake bunkering is a must. NEVER HESITATE when making a snake bunker move. once you leave your bunker the desicion has been made. if you stop to go back or deviate, more often than not you will get shot.

Overall work on communication with your team and just start bunkering people. Only way to get better at it other than watching tons of raw game footage on pbaccess is trial by error. You'll pick it up real fast after you get blown up a couple times.
Great advice. Also make sure to practice bunkering. I know that might sound a little strange, but make sure when you run someone down that you are going to hit them, its shooting from a close range but if they are tucked into their bunker or you are not accurate while running it is possible for you to miss. And trust me, there's nothing worse than getting your back blown up from a guy you thought you just bunkered.

Adrenalin Army AA ALL DAY
wangerinjaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 05:58 PM #4
Kade1012

Kade1012 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Quote:
Originally Posted by wangerinjaw View Post
Great advice. Also make sure to practice bunkering. I know that might sound a little strange, but make sure when you run someone down that you are going to hit them, its shooting from a close range but if they are tucked into their bunker or you are not accurate while running it is possible for you to miss. And trust me, there's nothing worse than getting your back blown up from a guy you thought you just bunkered.
This happened to me. I thought I shot him, but no. He decided to put 50 in my back.

My set-up
Empire sniper
Ninja pro 45/45
Sportshot
Dye I4
WTB: locklid Winchester
Kade1012 is offline   Reply With Quote