PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 03-09-2014, 01:29 PM #1
Knave

has been a member for 10 years
DP G4 possible issue

I was playing yesterday and my G4 was dry firing every once in a while when I was really trying to get a stream of paint down field. It would shoot 2-5 paintballs fine and then I would get a dry fire shot and it did this the entire time. Is this a possible issue with the eyes or something else?

Anything I could check?

Thanks and sorry if its not explained very well.

Gearbag sale! Check it out!
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...1#post80326491
Knave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-09-2014, 01:32 PM #2
turbo_tc
WV R34P3R 304

turbo_tc is playing at Living Legends VII
turbo_tc has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
turbo_tc has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
turbo_tc has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
turbo_tc supports Empire
Sounds like you didn't have a ball in the breach and that could've been the dry fire issue. I don't think the eyes would cause it to dry fire especially with a ball in the breach. Check and make sure your hopper is operating correctly, could fix the whole thing.
Magfed Set-up
TiPX
Blood Clots, Sweat Dries, Bones Heal... Suck it up Princess
turbo_tc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 02:00 PM #3
Knave

has been a member for 10 years
Ok. Thanks. I have some paint left over that I will run through my rotor after I clean it to make sure its working properly.

Gearbag sale! Check it out!
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...1#post80326491
Knave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 02:08 PM #4
CA_Tectonics

Do you have the stock bolt or a TechT? Make sure that the bolt/ bolt head is fully returning all the way back every time. If too much of the bolt tip is sticking into the breach, you can get misfires if your board settings are off or dirty eyes.
7th Element board, TechT bolt engine, magnet trigger kit, REV-I PMD, Sly Dual Carbon barrel kit, Prophecy V2, Crossfire SS 68/4500
Black and Silver Dangerous Power F8
APE Rampage board, VS bolt, magnet trigger kit, F8 gauge, REDZ barrel kit, Halo B w/ Exalt feedgate, PMI 68/4500
Polished Aluminum and Red Dangerous Power F8
Virtue board, VS bolt, magnet trigger kit, Halo B w/ Exalt feedgate, PMI 68/4500
CA_Tectonics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 02:52 PM #5
firefoxx04
Up the Irons

firefoxx04 supports Bob Gurnsey
firefoxx04 supports DLX Technology
Make sure your dwell is at 12ms. To little dwell should not prevent the bolt from returning however.

Too tight of orings will cause this issue. Check the fitment of your bolt in the breach and over the backcap stem oring (or the stem of the bolt into the can if you have a techt bolt)

I found that the G4 techt bolt has a snug fit into the can when brand new for the G4. I made sure to lube the stem a good amount of hand cycle it into the can a bunch of times to make sure the grease rubbed off onto the oring as much as possible. Cleaned, lightly greased and then installed.

If your bolt is cycling fine, clean your eyes and verify that they work (without having air on your gun). Use your finger to trigger the eyes and you should hear the noid click when you pull the trigger. Try shooting with nothing in the breach, the noid should not click.

I have a feeling (just like CA) that your bolt is not returning all the way because if your hopper jams and stops feeding paint, the gun will just stop firing rather than dry firing (unless your eyes are dirty)
firefoxx04 is offline   Reply With Quote