Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 03-06-2014, 11:47 PM #22
Lemieux

Curious to see an efficiency test with a 68/45. I know a few people who still swear by their PM's, and rightfully so. They shoot really well. Lurker went with the high volume/low pressure concept with the eigenbolt for the shockers (I've seen thm as low as 140psi), as did MacDev with the Clone (my GTi runs 95psi@290fps).

Did you polish the bolt at all? It made a pretty significant difference on one of my shockers
Lemieux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-06-2014, 11:56 PM #23
Razgriz2006
BG Falcon

Razgriz2006 plays in the APPA D5 division
Neither of the bolts are polished... I've been wanting to but I've heard conflicting reports on its success rate... And I didn't want to be minus a bolt for 2 weeks either!

an efficiency test may come in the future but honestly will probably come in less then the 9-10 pods Pm8s usually get.

when I thought of this mod I decided I didn't care about efficiency because I use a 91/4500.

The GTi is pretty crazy with its efficiency I've been studying its engine to try to understand .

maybe when I get some extra paint that is not .675 I'll do an efficiency test...
Razgriz2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 07:01 PM #24
M98custom1212

Your mods made me want to try to this to my pm8 so tomorrow another PM8.9 will be created.

OLD FEEDBACK

No Custom Milling Without A Deposit
Manufacturing Engineer
M98custom1212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 08:16 PM #25
Razgriz2006
BG Falcon

its not a pm8.9 unless you bore out the dump chamber but then it would be to your specs and you could call it whatever you wanted.
Old 05-05-2014, 08:21 PM #26
Razgriz2006
BG Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemieux View Post
Curious to see an efficiency test with a 68/45. I know a few people who still swear by their PM's, and rightfully so. They shoot really well. Lurker went with the high volume/low pressure concept with the eigenbolt for the shockers (I've seen thm as low as 140psi), as did MacDev with the Clone (my GTi runs 95psi@290fps).

Did you polish the bolt at all? It made a pretty significant difference on one of my shockers

I have a very poorly done efficiency test on video where @275ish fps and a significant underbore I got 10 pods.... but it was cold and i blended paint which is why i havent published it.
Old 05-06-2014, 07:43 AM #27
pbkidminion
minion

pbkidminion owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
pbkidminion owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
pbkidminion supports Team VICIOUS
About the polished bolt, check out what ccluff2 did in the shocker forum a while ago. He did a polished bolt where he didnt polish the anno off completely, but he like half polished the anno. hard to explain but i think you might want to check it out.
-Hell Survivors Mercenary #77-

Sandana Owners Club
pbkidminion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 07:47 AM #28
pbkidminion
minion

pbkidminion owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
pbkidminion owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Found the thread I was talking about, maybe this will get you thinking a little? Maybe this will be the solution you want for bolt polishing

http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...703&highlight=
-Hell Survivors Mercenary #77-

Sandana Owners Club
pbkidminion is offline   Reply With Quote