PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 03-20-2011, 11:17 AM #1
DamIgotGogged

DamIgotGogged plays in the APPA D5 division
High School paintball team question

Heyy guys!

If anyone is on a paintball team at their school, I was just curious as to how you bring your markers in to school. Before school starts and you drive yourself to school, right? How is security at your school with paintball equipment in mind?

Also, how would I go about starting a paintball team at my school? What are some good argument points to bring up with school administrators?

Thanks! (:

Poor Man Mafia - Div 4
Merrimack Valley Paintball - Candia, NH

l l l
DamIgotGogged is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-21-2011, 02:59 PM #2
RiverValleyPaintball

First off, its a bad idea to bring your paintball gun to school, period. Even if its in your car, it could cause a school lock down. Last thing you want. Are you looking to get paintball to be a school sanctioned sport? If so, you better be going to a rich school. Paintball is pricey, and that price goes up when you get into tourny ball. Pallets of paintballs are at least $5,000 for tourny grade paint, not to mention the cost of entry fees. Its easier if other schools around the area have a team as well. In my opinion, its impossible. Colleges have paintball teams, only because YOU pay for the sport. They just let you put their name on it, example South Dakota State University Paintball Team. Its always worth a shot, a good point is how safe the sport is. 1 player in every 4000 is injured, unlike with football, 7 in every 1000. But football is also cheap.
Check out our Facebook
RiverValleyPaintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 05:53 PM #3
DamIgotGogged

DamIgotGogged plays in the APPA D5 division
Thanks for the answer. I would NEVER bring my paintball marker to school so you don't have to worry haha. I think its impossible to. Never heard of a school having that much money to spend on athletics. Great idea just not realistic unfortunately ):

Poor Man Mafia - Div 4
Merrimack Valley Paintball - Candia, NH

l l l
DamIgotGogged is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 08:38 PM #4
RiverValleyPaintball

You bet man. Start a team up at your field, thats the best bet. I see your from MA, go Red Sox! =]
Check out our Facebook
RiverValleyPaintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 09:36 PM #5
painter413

painter413 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
word^^ gogged may i ask where you play?
Old 03-26-2011, 08:49 PM #6
jayce1

jayce1 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
jayce1 is for the Gunfight
jayce1 supports Sherwood Forest
jayce1 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
http://www.college-paintball.com/hig...g_started.html
check this link out, it is what i used when i wanted to start a team in my school. it turn out to be an after school thing. hope this helps
jayce1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 09:47 PM #7
dontflamemeplox

dontflamemeplox owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
you might be able to make a club that receives some money. it wont be like football but most clubs get some money and you could do school sanctioned fund raisers

swaffle-what do you not understand? it is the hitting of a man in the face with your p***s
dontflamemeplox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 02:33 PM #8
ThisWontHurt
Official MidWest Streamer

Annual Supporting Member
ThisWontHurt supports Team VICIOUS
ThisWontHurt posts videos on PbNation
ThisWontHurt supports Pev's Paintball
ThisWontHurt plays in the APPA D5 division
ThisWontHurt has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
ThisWontHurt has perfected Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Ok first off DON'T bring the marker till you talk with administration. That being said talk to your administration. See if you can get them to support your team. If they can come up with some sort of reasonable procedure for storing the stuff follow what they say. If it helps I am a teacher working on putting a team together at my school. Feel free to contact me or have the school contact me (if you need I'll get you my personal info in a pm).

Like Us on Facebook
ThisWontHurt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 09:43 AM #9
CreesquePaintball
That Stupid Pendejo

CreesquePaintball is playing at Living Legends V
CreesquePaintball has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
CreesquePaintball has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
What I did was actually make a team based out of my county, and only schools within the county could have students try out. This, in turn, gave the team broader options for funding and a larger player base.
CreesquePaintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 05:49 PM #10
AzziC

Does anyone know if Canadian high school teams can participate in the NCPA high school division? I've been trying to get a team together, we have the principals approval and about 6 or 7 guys willing to play. Where do we go from here?
AzziC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 07:52 AM #11
7paintball
Service at its best.

7paintball is playing at Living Legends VII
Quote:
Originally Posted by AzziC View Post
Does anyone know if Canadian high school teams can participate in the NCPA high school division? I've been trying to get a team together, we have the principals approval and about 6 or 7 guys willing to play. Where do we go from here?
Can not say that I have seen too many, but it doesnt mean you shouldnt try. Everyone should do what they can to Grow Paintball

We always offer discounts to the Military, Police and Fire Departments.
7paintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 07:51 PM #12
Simi Baller
Pillow Fort Architect

Simi Baller has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by DamIgotGogged View Post
Heyy guys!

If anyone is on a paintball team at their school, I was just curious as to how you bring your markers in to school. Before school starts and you drive yourself to school, right? How is security at your school with paintball equipment in mind?

Also, how would I go about starting a paintball team at my school? What are some good argument points to bring up with school administrators?

Thanks! (:
You don't do any of this. If you want to make a team, do it on your own time. There's no point in bringing your guns to school, as there is no school that will let you practice on the grounds. Not to mention you'll be disciplined harshly.
Your school cannot stop you from making a team, as long as you don't associate the school with it.
Simi Baller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2014, 08:55 PM #13
LuxeBaller98

Mike actually made a video regarding this subject on his YouTube channel but basically you can get a group of your friends that play paintball and go paintball in since you don't need any administrative permission to go paintballing. You can buy jerseys, guns, etc that are in your school colors but I would stay away from using logos even though at the high school level it probably does not matter. Then after a couple of years doing this and you get good publicity you can go to your administrator and ask if you could be recognized as a club. But Mike made a good point about by the time you do all that you will be graduating soon. Hope this helps.
LuxeBaller98 is offline   Reply With Quote