Old 02-20-2014, 03:18 AM #22
MaG Adrenal1ne
#PlayforPride

MaG Adrenal1ne is playing at Living Legends VI
MaG Adrenal1ne plays in the APPA D4 division
MaG Adrenal1ne supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbkidminion View Post
I don't see how, considering the detents are placed on the outside of the body, underneath the eye covers.... And the detents wouldn't have much of a problem fitting correctly even if the tolerances got messed up a little where they are placed.
Exactly. If the holes where the detents come in are constantly getting gouged they then become prone to expanding which will make the dentents fit loose. While this is an extreme, it could happen.
Bored? On Facebook? Come join my group Paintball Gear for Sale!
***ONE OF A KIND G6R***
MaG Adrenal1ne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-20-2014, 06:15 PM #23
mountainviewchris
Most Extensively Blue Mod

Annual Supporting Member
mountainviewchris is a Moderator
mountainviewchris is BST Trusted
mountainviewchris is a Paintball photographer
If you put a lot of oil on the bolt, and play in a dusty area, it can cause breach wear. The dirt from the air/ground stick to the oil, and the friction from shooting causes the wear. In extreme cases the orings would wear out as well. Try using little to no oil on the bolt. The "worn/silver" look will not effect the performance of the marker.

Another thing that can be possible is if you put too long of screws to hold the eye plates they can tear the orings, although I haven't seen someone do this.

-Chris

Certified for: Planet Eclipse, DYE, Empire/Invert, Tippmann, BT, Bob Long and Dangerous Power with 13+ years experience in the industry, ask me anything, I know more than anyone.
mountainviewchris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 08:46 PM #24
MaG Adrenal1ne
#PlayforPride

MaG Adrenal1ne is playing at Living Legends VI
MaG Adrenal1ne plays in the APPA D4 division
MaG Adrenal1ne supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainviewchris View Post
Another thing that can be possible is if you put too long of screws to hold the eye plates they can tear the orings, although I haven't seen someone do this.

-Chris
Ive seen people go nuts cranking down screws and since aluminum tolerances are super thin especially in that area its a viable concern.
Bored? On Facebook? Come join my group Paintball Gear for Sale!
***ONE OF A KIND G6R***
MaG Adrenal1ne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 10:06 PM #25
pbkidminion
minion

pbkidminion owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
pbkidminion owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
pbkidminion supports Team VICIOUS
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainviewchris View Post
If you put a lot of oil on the bolt, and play in a dusty area, it can cause breach wear. The dirt from the air/ground stick to the oil, and the friction from shooting causes the wear. In extreme cases the orings would wear out as well. Try using little to no oil on the bolt.

thats how I always lube my bolt! only one maybe two drops of PE oil for the entire bolt, I only put oil on the orings, nothing else, and only so that they look kinda wet.

The "worn/silver" look will not effect the performance of the marker. Another thing that can be possible is if you put too long of screws to hold the eye plates they can tear the orings, although I haven't seen someone do this. -Chris

the screws for my eye covers are the factory PE screws, and also I'm just getting a bit more concerned now since the wear is so significant

Answered in bold text
-Hell Survivors Mercenary #77-

Sandana Owners Club
pbkidminion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 11:36 PM #26
Word?
Bring back 10man

Word? is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
OK yes.

Taking your ego with just the bare body to a machine shop, it can be done.

But, you have to factor in that you're going to lose some space in the breach that the bolt orings rely on to get air through those holes on the front of the bolt. If I had to guess it'd be enough of a difference to lose some velocity. Mainly BC the air that was being stopped by those two middle orings will now have an escape route.

So, you have to think-how are you going to get a good seal again? Well, you could get the oring grooves milled a little wider to accommodate larger orings. Or you could get a measurement of the new inner diameter of the breech and get a new aluminum or delrin bolt made up that matches. It's a bit of a pickle.

LOLWUT

Last edited by Word? : 02-28-2014 at 01:59 AM.
Word? is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 01:19 PM #27
pbkidminion
minion

pbkidminion owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
pbkidminion owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Doesn't Dow 55 make orings swell a little? Maybe that could be a viable option
-Hell Survivors Mercenary #77-

Sandana Owners Club
pbkidminion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 01:30 PM #28
Word?
Bring back 10man

Word? is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Ehh idk about that. I mean it's definitely possible that 55 could get your orings to swell enough. But if it doesn't, what I described is what you're in for. Which, doesn't mean getting a new bolt made up is extremely expensive. But it's a headache.

If you had the info on how much 55 makes orings swell in front if you, you could compare it against what a machinist would predict the new inner diameter is and go from there.

LOLWUT

Last edited by Word? : 02-28-2014 at 01:34 PM.
Word? is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 03:11 PM #29
**Entropy**
O.o

**Entropy** plays in the APPA D4 division
Having read all the comments I personally don't think there is much harm from polishing the breach yourself provided you take the marker entirely apart. the o-rings on your bolt mainly help with efficiency. Unless your breach wear is so severe you've taken off a huge amount of metal everything should fit fine. You might even buff out a burr that is causing the o-ring to break on you.

Not trying to disagree with everyone, just know from polishing plenty of DM bolts that you have a little bit to work with and your breach isn't sealing a whole lot of pressure.