nathanc98
Hard Core Casual

Annual Supporting Member
nathanc98 is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
nathanc98 owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
nathanc98 owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
nathanc98 owns a Planet Eclipse GSL
Ram mount on PE factory, and a few other questions.

I recently picked up a planet eclipse e2 factory and its "well used" to say the least. Considering its age its in decent condition, but when it arrived at my door the cocking action was pretty rough. I started cleaning and lubing the gun where it needed it.

Upon further inspection, either the ram is bent, or the mount is not threaded correctly. The ram mount is the stainless kind that screws to the main body, so I'm skeptical that it would be bent. The mount does not show any wear or any signs of stress on the body underneath.

I'm looking to buy a new ram, but if it comes in and the mount is really the part that is bent, where would I find one of those?

2 more quick things, for the life of me I cannot get the pump arm off the ram, so I am going to need a new one of those also (tried heat, water, fire ect...) anyone know where I can find one? I measured it at 7.5 inches.

Lastly the stock black magic reg has 2 threaded holes on the side, can either be used as an inlet as long as the other one is plugged?

thanks for the help!!
nathanc98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-27-2014, 11:54 PM #2
bac0n
It's a liopleurodon.

bac0n is a Supporting Member
Nathan,

Congrats on your recent purchase! Those bodies by Planet Eclipse are surely gorgeous in every way.

The ram housing on those bodies are very difficult to find as they're very unique. A while back, there was someone who produced those ram housing on PbNation and CustomCockers forum, but unfortunately I do not recall the person's username, hopefully someone here on PbNation can provide information on that person or where to acquire that replacement housing. However, it's not the end of the world if you can not find a replacement (If that is in fact the source of the problem) since standard 2k+ cocker front blocks are applicable on those factory bodies. Yes you'll lose the fancy front block that houses the LPR and 3-way (or solenoid), but it's a great replacement if all fails. Another way to tackle this to see if that is the problem is to again use a standard front block to see if the problem is still present.

Do you so happen to have all factory parts on the PE Factory 'cocker? If you have the original eclipse ram then those are rebuildable. They are quite simple to rebuild since those ram bodies are not loctited together. They literally only have 3 seals and two bumpers inside of the ram. You can find the replacement seal kit here: http://paintballgateway.com/beauevmarams.html

The pump arm that is connected to the ram shaft are usually loctited, all proper pump arms should be. If you can acquire a torch, then you can easily have the pump arm separated from the ram shaft. The trick is usually heat to break loctite. If you wish to stay with the Planet Eclipse style ram then look into Belsales as they are still in production. They made all of Planet Eclipse's pneumatic components in the past, the pump arm for the body is just a standard 2k+ pump arm, I can confirm this since I too have a factory eclipse body and have tried it. Paintball Gateway is a great source for all your 'cocker replacement and aftermarket parts: http://paintballgateway.com/wgpaupnra.html

The Black Magic regulator have two inlet ports and does not matter which side you wish use as the plug or the fitting. It's great they made it that way as those fittings are stubborn at times to where it'll face when the regulator is completely screwed in.

Goodluck!
Old 02-28-2014, 12:24 AM #3
nathanc98
Hard Core Casual

Annual Supporting Member
nathanc98 is a Supporting Member
nathanc98 owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
nathanc98 owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
nathanc98 owns a Planet Eclipse GSL
Awesome reply, thank you for taking the time to respond! Very much a quality post.

I called paintball gateway a few days ago to make sure that they still had the belsales ram in stock and they did, so I ordered that, and it came in today!

I was extremely excited to see that it was the lower (smaller threaded) portion of the stock eclipse ram that was indeed bent.

The new ram screwed on straight as an arrow. But low and behold the pump was bent, so I had to take some time and carefully bend that back to the correct shape, and now the cocking action is smooth as butter again.

It did take some heat to remove the pump arm, I had to basically cook out the loctite and then clean (polish) the pump arm back again.

I was able to finally completely disassemble the black magic reg and then i had to boil the housing to remove the plug. It ended up being a good thing because the reg needed a good cleaning and lube anyway.

I am now just waiting for the loctite to dry on the qev's and check it ball detent so I can finish assembling and run some paint through it.
nathanc98 is offline   Reply With Quote