KCCO

Annual Supporting Member
Shocker_Monkey is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Shocker_Monkey is playing at Living Legends VII
Shocker_Monkey plays in the APPA D5 division
Shocker_Monkey is Legendary
Shocker_Monkey is Boss
No need to get into that discussion in this thread. I'm sure it has been covered many times before.

==========================================
WISCONSIN NAVARONE
==========================================
Shocker_Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 01:26 PM #24
evilgoat52

nice peace man
Old 04-14-2015, 07:03 AM #25
bishampski

Just got a ca cart regulator for my 468 and am trying to tune it. Velocity goes anywhere from 5-20fps. Still have the front oring on the stock bolt and 14in hh barrel, and am running it in line with my remote line stock. Any help would be much appreciated.
bishampski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 02:44 PM #26
cye604
Marksman - Indigo Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by bishampski View Post
Just got a ca cart regulator for my 468 and am trying to tune it. Velocity goes anywhere from 5-20fps. Still have the front oring on the stock bolt and 14in hh barrel, and am running it in line with my remote line stock. Any help would be much appreciated.
Make sure you still have your upper and lower receiver seal. Also check every o-ring for damage.
cye604 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 03:33 PM #27
scottallen1986

Remove the CART and test. Add CART, test. Add remote line, test. If nothing changes, it is the gun. If something changes, but ONLY when you have added something, that is your problem area. Basic scientific method. Test only 1 variable at a time if possible.

I agree that if the upper/lower seal is damaged, this could cause and issue. Also, test with good paint and a large bore. OR test with FSR shooting into a net or a sheet or something (so you can re-use them). FSR are great for troubleshooting because they are much closer in size to one another than most paint is, so you get a better, more stable, velocity result, which can help you isolate the problem area better.

Also if you just got a new reg of any type, it's always a good idea to put a bunch of shots through it so it breaks in. Helps with the consistency.
scottallen1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2015, 12:12 AM #28
bishampski

Roger will do. My field ran out of fsr because of the west point game, so was only able to use ****ty marb. It did seem to get better the more shots I put through. All the seals and o rings are brand new though. Finally started getting nice up here so I started rebuilding everything last week. I did file down the bolt a little bit because last year all I did was flip first strikes and now with the bolt filed I went through the last 2 mags I had of them and didn't get a single flip using my scarabs.
bishampski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2015, 01:39 AM #29
scottallen1986

I could write a book about why your scarabs are flipping, but yea it's possible it's the bolt. I'm still waiting on my "javolin bolt" from Rap4 I ordered I don't even know how many months ago.

Basically what I eneded up doing on my SA mags was taking out the internals. Putting foam into about 1/5 of the mag to increase the spring tension on the mag, put a screw into the pusher to push the last round into the chamber, and then only loaded the mag halfway. So 10's became 5-6, 18 became 9-10. No more FSR getting stuck around U because I wouldn't let it. Between that and the increase spring tension it works... better...ish. The major backdraw is that if you push the black holder that keeps the FSR in the mag back the whole mag springs all rounds out. But it seems to work more than it did before.
Old 04-15-2015, 02:27 PM #30
cye604
Marksman - Indigo Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottallen1986 View Post
I could write a book about why your scarabs are flipping, but yea it's possible it's the bolt. I'm still waiting on my "javolin bolt" from Rap4 I ordered I don't even know how many months ago.

Basically what I eneded up doing on my SA mags was taking out the internals. Putting foam into about 1/5 of the mag to increase the spring tension on the mag, put a screw into the pusher to push the last round into the chamber, and then only loaded the mag halfway. So 10's became 5-6, 18 became 9-10. No more FSR getting stuck around U because I wouldn't let it. Between that and the increase spring tension it works... better...ish. The major backdraw is that if you push the black holder that keeps the FSR in the mag back the whole mag springs all rounds out. But it seems to work more than it did before.
Uhm... Dude, hate to break it to you, but Javelin was put on hold. The bolt broke when hit by the Lok-Bolt. They are re-designing it now. And yes, it is fairly well known that SA cannot feed FSRs. The rule of thumb is to not feed them around the curve of the mag.
cye604 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2015, 04:08 PM #31
scottallen1986

First I've heard of this, and not what I'd call 'well known' being how I just talked with a rep 2 weeks ago saying they would ship out the new batch the beginning of this month. So hopefully, they got that figured out, because the thing wasn't cheap and I want one.