PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 02-01-2014, 05:20 PM #1
DGRsneakysneak
"would you kindly?"

Question whats a good mag fed gun?

Hi So ive been using a tac cap for about a year now and I think im ready for a mag fed gun. Any Suggestions? preferably something for close quarter?
DGRsneakysneak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-01-2014, 05:35 PM #2
turbo_tc
WV R34P3R 304

turbo_tc is playing at Living Legends VII
turbo_tc has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
turbo_tc has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
turbo_tc has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
turbo_tc supports Empire
Tippmann TiPX. If you decide you want to go longer range you can always put a longer barrel on it or even get the FXR kit from Milsig.
Magfed Set-up
TiPX
Blood Clots, Sweat Dries, Bones Heal... Suck it up Princess
turbo_tc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 06:35 PM #3
gapaintballer982
Future pro

gapaintballer982 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
gapaintballer982 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
gapaintballer982 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Wait for the cqc m17 from milsig mechanical full and semi auto
gapaintballer982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 08:28 PM #4
SharptheJack
Hit more when out.

SharptheJack has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
The Milsig line is definitely the biggest thing right now. It's looking to be a great product.
SharptheJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 10:07 PM #5
turbo_tc
WV R34P3R 304

turbo_tc is playing at Living Legends VII
turbo_tc has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
turbo_tc has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
turbo_tc has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
turbo_tc supports Empire
Or the Dye DAM if you have $1,300 to spend on it lol
Magfed Set-up
TiPX
Blood Clots, Sweat Dries, Bones Heal... Suck it up Princess
turbo_tc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 10:44 PM #6
sambob117
aka Salmon

sambob117 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
sambob117 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
sambob117 supports Empire
Milsig MK3 (can be had super cheap used atm), Milsig MElite, Milsig CQC (soon to be released), Rap4 468 (uses ar furniture so it can be built to whatever style you want), Tiberius T9.1 (can be built pistol to sniping platform, same mags as T8.1 pistol), Dye Dam (mag or hopper fed), Tippmann Tipx and Tiberius T8.1 for pistols

I think that covers the popular mag fed options for cqb or all around play. You really need to figure out what you want it to do (shoot first stikes/mag capacity/available furniture options), and getting hands on experience will be the biggest plus.

Last edited by sambob117 : 02-01-2014 at 10:47 PM.
sambob117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 12:25 AM #7
DGRsneakysneak
"would you kindly?"

Yeah I was thinking about selling some gear for a milsig probaly the most likely thing ill do. Thanks guys for all the help kinda new to this whole forum thing but nice to know theres people out there always wiloing to give advice
DGRsneakysneak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 02:13 AM #8
xXNetCodeXx

Look at the Scarab Arms TGR2 and TGR1 both inexpensive and good markers.
xXNetCodeXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 09:14 AM #9
killer T

killer T has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
The dye dam
killer T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 02:47 PM #10
Lagos
Heavy Gunner

The Scarab Arms markers look great and are easy to maintain. They recently released a CQB version of their marker.
Lagos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 04:29 PM #11
Robotech

has been a member for 10 years
Robotech is attending Decay of Nations VII
If you're going magfed, most guys here have given you some pretty stout options for markers. There are a lot of good ones out there.

One thing you want to do though is look at their magazine options. Some will let you use First Strikes, other's won't. Some are very expensive, some are relatively cheep. Some are built well, other's are not. Do your homework on this area because in magfed, you're going to be buying more mags than just what the marker comes with.

I own a Dye DAM, not exactly a cheap gun. Probably the most expensive outright on the list (of course you can get one now with a Rotor and some extra mags for about $1300 I believe). While the gun is expensive, the mags are some of the least expensive. $10-12 for a ten (really 12) round mag and $12-$15 for a 20 round mag. (Note they only sell the mags in pairs so that's $20-$30 for TWO mags.) Their quality is pretty good and they're very simple construction makes them easy to clean and tech.

Note though that they are 6+6 or 10+10 style mags meaning, that in a 12 round mag once you fire 6 shots you have to drop the mag, flip it around, reinsert it, and fire the other 6 rounds. Most mags are this way but there are a few (scarab arms I believe make the only ones) that will feed all their rounds consecutively.

I chose the DAM for one reason only, versitility. Only the DAM, the Spyder MR5, and a special conversion on the Rap4 T68 will allow you to switch from mag fed to hopper fed while you're playing. I play only big games and scenarios so for me, there are times when I want to shoot a lot of paint, and times where I like to take that one shot with a First Strike round. These markers let you do that and that put the DAM at the top of the list.

Since you've been playing tac cap ball, I'm sure the versitility of the DAM may not be so important for you. That's not to say the DAM isn't still a good choice, it uses a proven speeball style engine for it's base. When you're looking at markers though, think about how much paint you normally use during a game, and how many mags you'll want to carry to match that. That will give you an idea how much your purchase for whatever marker you choose really is going to be. I've seen some MagFed markers that when you price them with the number of mags you may want to take out for a mag fed game, they become just as expensive as a comparibly equipped DAM.

Last edited by Robotech : 02-04-2014 at 04:33 PM.
Robotech is offline   Reply With Quote