Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-04-2014, 10:07 AM #127
Racso
It R go good w/ Pizza
 
Racso's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: The Nati
Annual Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Racso owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Racso is Legendary
Any chance you can do this test across different backs of the same brand. This has been done before, but everyone has different testing methods and nothing has been super scientific so the more tests out there, then hopefully the better the data gets.

What I want to see is what stepping up or down in bore does.
__________________
Total Feedback:
eBay 37/0/0, Old PbN 1/0/0, PBR 3/0/0
56/0/0
Racso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-07-2014, 09:08 AM #128
Cracker with a gun
- Logan -
 
Cracker with a gun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: SW Washington
Cracker with a gun supports Cereal Killerz 2
Cracker with a gun plays in the APPA D5 division
Cracker with a gun is Legendary
Cracker with a gun supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJEmortal View Post
Hey Jinx18, I have a few barrels I can contribute with: Deadlywind, Lucky15, CFBoomstick. I love the format in which you've presented everything, very professional. If there's any way I can help out, please let me know.

This is a very expensive, time consuming, comparison. He's already bought 6 barrels... cut the man a break.
I completely agree with James on this, lets all just thankful he took the time, effort, and money to do this. He did an absolutely amazing review on these barrels. Added to my locker for references. I hope you get access to other barrels to continue this.
__________________
Oregon // Washington
NW AMBUSH PRO-SHOP// Looking for Grey JT 4-line strap PM me
5th YR ASM // IrishMafia

Last edited by Cracker with a gun : 01-07-2014 at 09:13 AM.
Cracker with a gun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 12:23 PM #129
Jinx18
Dynamic
 
Jinx18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Long Island
Jinx18 plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by Racso View Post
Any chance you can do this test across different backs of the same brand. This has been done before, but everyone has different testing methods and nothing has been super scientific so the more tests out there, then hopefully the better the data gets.

What I want to see is what stepping up or down in bore does.
I have a freak barrel kit that has a large range of bores. What are you looking to see?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cracker with a gun View Post
I completely agree with James on this, lets all just thankful he took the time, effort, and money to do this. He did an absolutely amazing review on these barrels. Added to my locker for references. I hope you get access to other barrels to continue this.
Thanks I appreciate it.
__________________
East Coast Dynamic!

Gearbag Sale!!!!!
Jinx18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 01:55 PM #130
liverlip
 
 
liverlip's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Bronx
Annual Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
If you ever want to expand the test, let me know. I can meet you on The Island somewhere, maybe High Velocity. I have many barrel kits.
__________________
** If your parents can't pay for your paintball stuff because they are too old and their social security checks are used to fund their retirement, put this in your signature**

][nvert User IS A THIEF
liverlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 04:26 AM #131
Harribo
 
 
Harribo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Norway
If you were to expand the test with more barrels you would have to use the exact same paint as you used before. I mean from the same batch as paint size and consistency varies from time to time and if you got a more or less consistent paint then already used in the previous tests, then you cant compare them to the previous tests.

If you do add more barrels to the equation you really have to do them all over again unless you use the exact same paint as you used before. I do appriciate all the work you've done so far though!
__________________
Macdev Clone VX Brown/white
Safer 73/45 with Ninja SLP.
Harribo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 09:15 AM #132
liverlip
 
 
liverlip's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Bronx
Annual Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harribo View Post
If you were to expand the test with more barrels you would have to use the exact same paint as you used before. I mean from the same batch as paint size and consistency varies from time to time and if you got a more or less consistent paint then already used in the previous tests, then you cant compare them to the previous tests.

If you do add more barrels to the equation you really have to do them all over again unless you use the exact same paint as you used before. I do appriciate all the work you've done so far though!
I agree, they should all be redone if the test is expanded. That should be fine, I have all the original ones except the Shift kit, which I just sold. IF I get around to furthering the test (hopefully this coming spring), I am planning on measuring the paint.
__________________
** If your parents can't pay for your paintball stuff because they are too old and their social security checks are used to fund their retirement, put this in your signature**

][nvert User IS A THIEF
liverlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 05:59 AM #133
Jinx18
Dynamic
 
Jinx18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Long Island
Jinx18 plays in the APPA D4 division
Yea if I were to redo it I would definitely do everything all over again to keep paint and environmental conditions the same.
__________________
East Coast Dynamic!

Gearbag Sale!!!!!
Jinx18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 12:22 PM #134
omgitiszmd
Maryland Paintballer
 
omgitiszmd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Maryland, USA
omgitiszmd has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
omgitiszmd supports Empire
Are Disruptive Deathtouch barrels able to be Freak Bored?
omgitiszmd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 01:34 PM #135
liverlip
 
 
liverlip's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Bronx
Annual Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by omgitiszmd View Post
Are Disruptive Deathtouch barrels able to be Freak Bored?
Contact Ryan Stanchfield from Super Stanchy Customs.

http://sscustoms.webs.com/
https://www.facebook.com/superstanch...ref=ts&fref=ts
__________________
** If your parents can't pay for your paintball stuff because they are too old and their social security checks are used to fund their retirement, put this in your signature**

][nvert User IS A THIEF
liverlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 03:14 PM #136
omgitiszmd
Maryland Paintballer
 
omgitiszmd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Maryland, USA
omgitiszmd has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
omgitiszmd supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by liverlip View Post
Contact Ryan Stanchfield from Super Stanchy Customs.

http://sscustoms.webs.com/
https://www.facebook.com/superstanch...ref=ts&fref=ts
Alright thank you!
omgitiszmd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 07:45 PM #137
C@mM!
 
 
C@mM!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Canberra, Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by omgitiszmd View Post
Are Disruptive Deathtouch barrels able to be Freak Bored?
This makes me cry inside considering how much thought went into the DT design and how nice the dt backs are.

Last edited by C@mM! : 02-02-2014 at 09:30 PM.
C@mM! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 11:46 PM #138
strickA-5
 
 
strickA-5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Glenwood, AL
strickA-5 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
strickA-5 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
strickA-5 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
strickA-5 supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by C@mM! View Post
This makes me cry inside considering how much thought went into the DT design and how nice the dt backs are.
I'm usually "to each his own" but I agree.
__________________
The Conglomerate Paintball Group.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/393569620748520/
strickA-5 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 08:39 AM #139
omgitiszmd
Maryland Paintballer
 
omgitiszmd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Maryland, USA
omgitiszmd has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
omgitiszmd supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by strickA-5 View Post
I'm usually "to each his own" but I agree.
Sorry, I don't want to buy different backs to bore match and I love the Disruptive Deathtouch barrel so I thought the easiest way to balance the two is to have the Deathtouch freak bored... Would that mess the barrel up in any way (add sound signature, etc)?
omgitiszmd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 09:46 AM #140
strickA-5
 
 
strickA-5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Glenwood, AL
strickA-5 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
strickA-5 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
strickA-5 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
strickA-5 supports Empire
Nah, I don't see it effecting the sound(that I know of) but it will effectively turn it into a shorter control back. Basically to the length of the freak insert. I say this because, I would think, you would use a large(.693..I'm guessing,don't know) back to be bored. Now is that a big deal....probably not, I simply like longer control backs. Anyway, if it's what you really want to do, enjoy.
__________________
The Conglomerate Paintball Group.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/393569620748520/
strickA-5 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 12:56 PM #141
Person
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Monterey California
Person is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Freak inserts are inconsistent in all dimensions except length. Whoever drills out your deathtouch barrel will not be installing an internal O ring to center the freak inserts, so you will have some that fit loose, and some that fit tight. On real freak backs and deadlywind barrels there is an O ring internally to center the insert.

Not to mention the sometimes hit or miss quality of the actual boring job.

I would stick with your barrel as it is, or buy a small bore back, or buy a different barrel, rather than drill it out.
__________________
2007 Cyborg for Sale
Person is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 01:30 PM #142
omgitiszmd
Maryland Paintballer
 
omgitiszmd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Maryland, USA
omgitiszmd has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
omgitiszmd supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Person View Post
Freak inserts are inconsistent in all dimensions except length. Whoever drills out your deathtouch barrel will not be installing an internal O ring to center the freak inserts, so you will have some that fit loose, and some that fit tight. On real freak backs and deadlywind barrels there is an O ring internally to center the insert.

Not to mention the sometimes hit or miss quality of the actual boring job.

I would stick with your barrel as it is, or buy a small bore back, or buy a different barrel, rather than drill it out.
Thats true... what if I got a proven guy to Freak Bore it, like Super_Stanchy Customs or Nerve2030? Maybe I could have them put an oring in there? Also, would boring the Deathtouch for Freak Inserts make the barrel inconsistent or less effieicient (because of the shorter control bore)?

Last edited by omgitiszmd : 02-03-2014 at 02:34 PM.
omgitiszmd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 01:38 PM #143
omgitiszmd
Maryland Paintballer
 
omgitiszmd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Maryland, USA
omgitiszmd has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
omgitiszmd supports Empire
What bore sizes would you recommend for the Deathtouch then? I was thinking the .682 and .676 (advertised as .682 and .676 but actual size is .686 and .680, respectively)
omgitiszmd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 01:58 PM #144
C@mM!
 
 
C@mM!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Canberra, Australia
You should know what your local paint is boring at, I'd get .03 above it, and .03 below it.
C@mM! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 02:33 PM #145
omgitiszmd
Maryland Paintballer
 
omgitiszmd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Maryland, USA
omgitiszmd has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
omgitiszmd supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by C@mM! View Post
You should know what your local paint is boring at, I'd get .03 above it, and .03 below it.
Alright thanks?
omgitiszmd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 03:53 PM #146
liverlip
 
 
liverlip's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Bronx
Annual Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
If you have the Freak inserts already, go for it.
__________________
** If your parents can't pay for your paintball stuff because they are too old and their social security checks are used to fund their retirement, put this in your signature**

][nvert User IS A THIEF
liverlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 09:42 PM #147
omgitiszmd
Maryland Paintballer
 
omgitiszmd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Maryland, USA
omgitiszmd has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
omgitiszmd supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by liverlip View Post
If you have the Freak inserts already, go for it.
Alright cool! Also, what would be a good price for an insert?
omgitiszmd is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
Forum Jump