Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 12-27-2013, 06:01 PM #1
Socom3988

Lightbulb chest rig

looking for a good vest/ chest rig for mag fed that can hold 6 scarab arms mags any one have an idea. this is what I want but don't know if the mags will fit
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Condor-MCR5-...em565e6f 7332
Socom3988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 12-27-2013, 11:25 PM #2
Snausage

Linked on that same page is the one I use for my Hammer 7 mags.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Condor-MCR6-...38856085?rt=nc

The Hammer 7 mags are somewhat narrow, so there's a bit of room on either side of them when I put them in the pouches, their thickness allows them to fit snugly and the elastic on top keeps them held tight.

I can't speak to scarab arms mags, but there's at least a point of reference.
Snausage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 06:54 AM #3
dblj44
Delta Paintball Team

dblj44 supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snausage View Post
Linked on that same page is the one I use for my Hammer 7 mags.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Condor-MCR6-...38856085?rt=nc

The Hammer 7 mags are somewhat narrow, so there's a bit of room on either side of them when I put them in the pouches, their thickness allows them to fit snugly and the elastic on top keeps them held tight.

I can't speak to scarab arms mags, but there's at least a point of reference.
I run the same rig, it fits 6 Milsig mags snuggly. Pretty sure the SA mags are comparable.

Don't forget a dump pouch.

:Sponsors:
GOG Paintball | DLX Paintball | Scenario Superstore
Fogtech | Delta Paintball Productions
"Should I try a little spit? That usually helps things out with my girlfriend but we are talking paintball here so I'm not to sure." -Caderade
dblj44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 09:57 AM #4
Socom3988

Im trying to get a for sure answer but you guys did answer another question not mentioned about the other rig Im glad to know if I had to choose I can go with the second choice that Snausage put up. but keep in mind I also have a pistol so extra prebuild pouches are a plus
Old 12-29-2013, 11:26 AM #5
ReynardHonda

Check out Beez Combat Systems. Well made and reasonably priced considering the quality. They also offer custom options for load out, fastening and colour. Each is made to order so I think it was almost 2 weeks before we received it but definitely was worth the wait.

This is what my son ordered in A-tacs FG for his Rap4 DMags and they fit great. His standard old style Rap4 20 round mags also fit perfect so I have no doubt your Scarab Arms mags will fit.

http://www.beezcombatsystems.com/AK4...tm?productId=5
" Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat."
~Theodore Roosvelt
ReynardHonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 09:35 AM #6
Shocker_Monkey
KCCO

Annual Supporting Member
Shocker_Monkey is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Shocker_Monkey is playing at Living Legends VII
Shocker_Monkey has achieved Level 6 in PbNation Pursuit
Shocker_Monkey is Legendary
Shocker_Monkey is Boss
I have a BT Merc vest on the way currently. I've been looking at the Condor mag pouches as they seem to be pretty universally loved. A normal chest rig wouldn't work in my case as i'll be running remote. At least until get a tank-in-stock setup

==========================================
WISCONSIN NAVARONE
Shocker_Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 12:02 PM #7
PaperBoyWS
"Hell Must Fear Us"

PaperBoyWS owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
PaperBoyWS has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
PaperBoyWS has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
I've always heard that Whiskey Two Four makes good stuff, and I also hear that MilSig's FazMags are a good option.
Empire Trracer. Tippmann SL-68 II. Tippmann TiPX. DP Rev-I. PE Geo+. Sheridan KP3. Milsig MK3 CQB Pro. 2k2 WGP pump 'cocker. WGP Trilogy Pro.
PaperBoyWS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 12:16 PM #8
J38U5
ShortBus Cult Messiah

J38U5 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
J38U5 supports Team VICIOUS
J38U5 supports DLX Technology
I have two Condor Chest Rigs, a Condor vest style - and the molle mag pouches. I have a few other chest rigs, but the Condor is what I've settled on - One is a Magfed rig, the other is a stock class pump rig.

Condor...makes great stuff!
J38U5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 10:05 PM #9
kkpatel87

Just an FYI, Scarab Arms magazines has approximately the same geometry as an AK style (7.62 x 39) magazine.

I have two of these mounted on my vest (4-8 Magazines) :

I have one pistol TACO and one rifle TACO on my belt:
kkpatel87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 11:17 AM #10
Socom3988

still wondering if any one has used any other typ of chest rig or pre built vest for mag fed that has fit scarab arms mags.
Old 01-21-2014, 01:11 PM #11
Shocker_Monkey
KCCO

Annual Supporting Member
Shocker_Monkey is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Shocker_Monkey is playing at Living Legends VII
Shocker_Monkey has achieved Level 6 in PbNation Pursuit
Shocker_Monkey is Legendary
Shocker_Monkey is Boss
http://www.combatsportsupply.com/con...oropsmcr6.aspx

Same as posted before I think. Chest rig that has built in pouches for 6 mags but also supports MOLLE so you could add more mag pouches for your pistol mags.

I'm not sure that you'll find one prebuilt that is exactly what you're looking for. But that is the beauty of a MOLLE based system. Make it how you want it and how is comfortable for you.

WISCONSIN NAVARONE
Shocker_Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 12:10 AM #12
xXNetCodeXx

I use some rap4 thigh molle pod pouches attached to a molle belt. The Scarab arms mags fit snugly however I would not load them in with the feed hole down with any mag I have used I have had an issue of the mag not holding the pain expecially when running diving or slidimg the added vibration only makes the paint come free more easily. However I don't have this issue loading them into the pouches with the feed neck up. I am working on modifying they rig so that the fit remains snug but doesn't pull the second mag if I double stack them. The worst part is disassembling the pod pouchs as they are with ruining the integrity of the material. After I have completed that a few cuts turning the outer canvas from one piece with 2 lines of stitching into 3 pieces with some elastic banding giving it stretch but aslo holdong snug to the mags or pods depending on what gun set up im running. Will post pictures when I have it completed.
xXNetCodeXx is offline   Reply With Quote