Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 01-13-2014, 03:22 PM #1
Singularity

Dye double mag pouch

Has anyone have experience with the Dye double mag pouch? Are they cheap or are they made with quality materials?

Thank you
Singularity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-04-2014, 08:03 PM #2
Kabar

Mine stinks. The buttons do not hold. I am going to try Fazmags.
Kabar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 12:51 PM #3
Robotech

has been a member for 10 years
Robotech is attending Decay of Nations VII
I have Dye Double Mag Pouches and I've had no issues with mine. I don't know what Kabar is talking about buttons though. If he is talking about the snaps on the back, mine have had no issues.

Kabar, what kind of rig are you putting them on and how do you have them attached? Singularity, what are you going to be putting them on as well?
Robotech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 09:33 AM #4
Singularity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robotech View Post
I have Dye Double Mag Pouches and I've had no issues with mine. I don't know what Kabar is talking about buttons though. If he is talking about the snaps on the back, mine have had no issues.

Kabar, what kind of rig are you putting them on and how do you have them attached? Singularity, what are you going to be putting them on as well?
I bought two pouches to put on my Dye vest. They attach pretty well on the vest. The only down side is I am putting two 20 rounds DAM mags with couplers in them and I am having trouble getting them out. I have to wiggle them like hell. I am really considering the Fazmag if they can hold the tall 20 rounds mags.
Singularity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 11:06 AM #5
Special Ed BMX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Singularity View Post
I bought two pouches to put on my Dye vest. They attach pretty well on the vest. The only down side is I am putting two 20 rounds DAM mags with couplers in them and I am having trouble getting them out. I have to wiggle them like hell. I am really considering the Fazmag if they can hold the tall 20 rounds mags.
You may have issues with the Fazmags and coupled 20rd mags. I'm using 7.62 Fast Mags (I THINK they are the same as the Fazmags). The coupler at the top of the 20rd mags will not allow coupled mags to fit all the way into the "pouch". This leaves too much out of the pouch and I do not trust it to stay in place. A single 20rd mag works just fine.

Now 2 coupled 10rd mags work just fine. Because the 10rd mags can be coupled at the bottom only and work just fine.
#64 Systematic Chaos http://www.facebook.com/SystematicChaosPaintball
YouTube Channel
http://www.youtube.com/user/SpecialEdBMXPB
Special Ed BMX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 11:58 AM #6
turbo_tc
WV R34P3R 304

turbo_tc is playing at Living Legends VII
turbo_tc has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
turbo_tc has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
turbo_tc has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
turbo_tc supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Special Ed BMX View Post
You may have issues with the Fazmags and coupled 20rd mags. I'm using 7.62 Fast Mags (I THINK they are the same as the Fazmags). The coupler at the top of the 20rd mags will not allow coupled mags to fit all the way into the "pouch". This leaves too much out of the pouch and I do not trust it to stay in place. A single 20rd mag works just fine.

Now 2 coupled 10rd mags work just fine. Because the 10rd mags can be coupled at the bottom only and work just fine.
I know some guys that use the Fazmags and have coupled 20 rd Dye mags and have no issues. You just need to break it in so it operates smoothly like any mag holder accessory.
Magfed Set-up
TiPX
Blood Clots, Sweat Dries, Bones Heal... Suck it up Princess
turbo_tc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 04:25 PM #7
Kabar

The snap at the bottom does not stay buttoned and if do any crouching the dye double pouch falls off. Plus it doesn't really fit two coupled 20 rounders that that are flipped (I need to flip them to due to the ripclip taking up space).
The fazmag didn't work as well as I would of liked, when coupled they can fall out. I will not play as fast and hard as I would like it I am worried about losing 40 + dollars....I am still looking for a pouch set up that will allow for flipped twenty rounders.

Does anyone have any experience with this?
http://www.amazon.com/Condor-Recon-C...S2N8AQX 2YRG6
Kabar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 10:01 PM #8
Robotech

has been a member for 10 years
Robotech is attending Decay of Nations VII
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabar View Post
The snap at the bottom does not stay buttoned and if do any crouching the dye double pouch falls off.
If this is happening you don't have them attached right I have a feeling. The straps should weave between the webbing on the vest and the webbing on the back of the pouch. If you just slip them through the webbing on the vest then the snaps will come undone and the pouches can start to fall off. I learned this the hard way with a Molle pod pouch.
Robotech is offline   Reply With Quote