We sat down today and reviewed the rule book for foXball and have determined that we need to make some adjustments. While the updated rule book will be published in the coming weeks I figured we could share the highlights of the changes:
Highlight of rule changes for 2014
1. Not a change, but just wanted to let everyone know – we’re staying with 12.5 BPS
2. Tagging up will be allowed – As long as you’re within 20 feet of the box when the horn sounds and you haven’t shot your marker yet.
3. Only 1 major (per point) can be awarded when players/staff come onto the field during a point.
4. Elimination of the on field Sideline coach. The sidelines will be expanded so spectators can view the entire snake side of the field. Sideline coaching will now just be fan participation
5. Teams will be issued 1 timeout per match instead of 1 per half
6. If there is an unexpected stoppage of play for some reason, when play is restarted players will be placed in their bunkers with the tips of their barrels pointed at and touching the ground. While this is how we did it the 1 or 2 times we had to, it is not how it was written in the rules.
7. Players can now leave any equipment behind. No longer are you “Tethered” to a 5 foot separation. However, if paint breaks on that equipment you are still eliminated. Equipment going out of bounds still causes the player to be eliminated.
8. The flag carrier can now pass off the flag without any penalty being assessed.
9. A Major will come off the board if the opposing team scores two points. Only one Major at a time comes off in this fashion.
10. Having the wrong guy in the penalty box serving a penalty will result in that player being eliminated but no further penalty will be assessed. There is no additional penalty if you have no one in the box serving the penalty.
11. A Major will be issued if a player serving a penalty is actively playing a point during that penalty time
12. A Dirty Hang will result in a Minor, not a Major
13. Not exiting the penalty box in a timely manner will result in the player being eliminated, not a minor penalty
14. A team found to have an invalid/illegal roster will forfeit all points played up to the point the roster issue was found. They will be allowed to correct the roster issue and continue the match
"Are you ready to play?"
Fox 4 Paintball Home of upTon 187 cRew
(508) 529-FOX4 (3694) www.fox4paintball.com
Last edited by Fox4paintball : 12-21-2013 at 05:56 PM.