Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 12-04-2013, 06:27 PM #1
Canada's Own

Magfed setup

Hey, first time poster so bear with me. Hopefully I am not starting a thread that is already going elsewhere.

My brother and I are looking to go magfed, we have been playing with 50 round taccaps for a while now and it seems logical that we move to magfed. My current gear loadout is set to carry pods and air on the back with remote line. I am curious what your opinions are on a setup for a magfed vest? How many mags do you carry into battle? I do not see myself using a sidearm (I find .68 pistols too big), so I would not need a vest that can accommodate a secondary pistol.

I am thinking about a condor vest (either QPC or DFPC), with enough pouches to carry 10 mags?

Happy to hear your opinions.
Canada's Own is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 12-04-2013, 07:07 PM #2
Nahib_Stilgar

I am (as of three hours ago) running a milsig mkIII cqb pro with 5 mags on a chest rig. I will get a pic up soon.

10 mags is a lot, and heavy!

For your average days of play you probably won't need more than 5, you will likely have plenty of time reload the mags.

Extra mags might come in handy during big games though!

As for what vest to use, go for Molle, you can attach as many bits and bobs as you want. Maybe get pouches for 5 mags and a general purpose pouch or backpack to carry extras for big games?

Last edited by Nahib_Stilgar : 12-04-2013 at 09:12 PM.
Nahib_Stilgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 08:58 PM #3
splatthetick

I run Supergame w/4 extendo's + 4 reg mags w/the twins...most days just the extendo's! Aloha and have some mag fun, Tick
splatthetick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 09:15 PM #4
Snausage

I use a condor chest rig with 6 built-in mag pouches with molle in front. (http://www.badlandspaintball.com/con...chest-rig.html)

I'd recommend choosing a marker that supports a 13cui tank stock. Then for most games you don't need to worry about being tethered to your gun or carrying more stuff on your body. If it's a big game where you don't have access to air you could maybe bring a second 13cui tank if it's not too difficult to swap, or revert to using a remote line and a larger tank.

If the marker supports 20rd mags, like the ones from Milsig, you probably don't need to carry 10.
Snausage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 12:05 PM #5
YYZballer

I'd recommend the rapid assault vest from condor, you can attach some fazmags or mole style mag pouches if you find 6 - 7 mags aren't enough. I currently run 8 mags total, 6 in my vest and 2 (double stacked ) on my gun. You'll want a dump pouch (20$) and a belt to attach it to, I'd get a battle belt personally (30-50), that way you have something to attach your dump pouch and you can get a horizontal tank carrier as well and attach mags for a pistol if you decide to get one eventually.

6 mags seems to work well, I have more because I typically play outdoors and we swap ends after each game so I don't have enough paint for the second game. With 8 mags you only have 160 balls, I also carry a pistol so an extra 35 balls with 5 mags....so I hit the field with less than 200 rds on me, no big deal for indoor or smaller scale games but for large games it can be tight if you want to be on the field for any amount of time.

Also consider a sidearm. I often swap mine out in a firefight if I burn through my mag. It's faster to drop your main and grab your secondary in a pinch than swap mags...and o be honest, it's just freaking badass when You do that

Cheers
YYZballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 11:31 PM #6
wolf16731

I run a MKPII with 7 Dmags. One in the marker, and 6 on my chest. Also I use a remote line from a tank on my back if that matters.

Old pic, but it will do for this. And yes, my marker has since been repainted. lol

The pouches are Condors. Loving them. http://www.ebay.com/sch/sis.html?_kw...d=190806059464

And I am using a Voodoo Tactical vest --> http://www.ebay.com/itm/Voodoo-Tacti...em35cf3f f3c8

Last edited by wolf16731 : 12-07-2013 at 11:36 PM.
wolf16731 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 07:23 PM #7
Shocker_Monkey
KCCO

Annual Supporting Member
Shocker_Monkey is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Shocker_Monkey is playing at Living Legends VII
Shocker_Monkey has achieved Level 6 in PbNation Pursuit
Shocker_Monkey is Legendary
Shocker_Monkey is Boss
I came in here to ask a similar question. How often would you guys say you run out of paint in your mags and wished you had an extra pod to fill mags? Does anyone fill mags mid-game?

==========================================
WISCONSIN NAVARONE
==========================================
Shocker_Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 08:05 PM #8
wolf16731

If I have to go through 7 whole mags, I am more than likely going to be KIA very very soon anyhow.
Old 12-08-2013, 08:11 PM #9
2nwyka
A Lover and a Poet

2nwyka posts videos on PbNation
2nwyka has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
I agree, 10 mags is going to be heavy and expensive.
My T8 is my magfed marker and I run her with two mags, reloading from 10-round tubes during the game. I rarely shoot more than 20-30 rounds per game, even against guys with speedball markers. I think 5 is a much more realistic number for you.
Cheers.
Noah
Rocking drop-forwards like they're going out of style...oh, wait...
Proud Pumper since 2011
2nwyka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 02:19 PM #10
Savage Mikey

I think the setup that makes most sense to me is using 5 mags total. 2 mounted together to make the first reload fast and not needing to dump/stow the first empty mag. Then run three mags on the chest, using a wtf minimilist or similar set up. Would probably want a dump pouch for the two joined mags. For any big game or events where you will be in game for hours at a time you could use a modified pod to reload in field or have some ten round tubes. This would be more for tank in stock with a 13ci set up since they get around 120 shots. Maybe carry an extra 13ci on a leg or belt molle. Anyone try running a setup like this in big games? Let me know how it worked for you.
Savage Mikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 08:24 PM #11
Canada's Own

Thanks for the input, how do you find the MKIII CQB, it reviews as an amazing marker but I notice that there is a big gap between the grip and magwell. Do you mind it?
Canada's Own is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 09:31 PM #12
wolf16731

Since the 13ci tanks are HPA, you would be able to just run a remote line straight to the 13ci tank that is in the stock from whatever you keep on you so you don't technically have to swap.