Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

ReplyNews Ups
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-10-2013, 02:32 AM #106
Lane Wright
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
 has been a member for 10 years
Lane Wright plays in the PSP
Dye was never buying the NPPL name.
PSP and an NPPL appointee have had several respectful discussions about PSP Events, LLC buying the NPPL's remaining IP and assets. At the conclusion of those discussions PSP ownership has decided against the buyout as it was presented.
What the NPPL and the APL will do is up to the decision makers in those leagues. I have no knowledge or concern with those plans.
The PSP will continue to provide events, continue to balance our business in a manner that maintains value and long term stability for the teams, players, industry, the sport, and our employees, to the best of our ability.
PSP has grown in a stagnant economy with a down industry because we offer a tournament focused on fair competition, we offer stability and dependability, and we focus on tournament paintball as our business core. Once we stabilized the functionality of our events, we broached the huge task of delivering our events to a larger worldwide audience with our webcast. Once we feel we have that project stable and maintainable, we will reach outside of the industry.
PSP is pacing ourselves for the long haul and not interested in short sighted ego induced endeavors, nor will we make knee jerk decisions to win meaningless sprints.
In the coming weeks PSP will announce new hires, new policy, new plans, and schedule/pricing/prize packages for 2014. Until those announcements are made, everyone would be better served by not putting their confidence in any rumor type info that makes it's way through the grapevine. It's almost always wrong in one way or another.
Lane Wright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 12-10-2013, 09:50 AM #107
7paintball
Service at its best.
 
7paintball's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Lockport, IL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lane Wright View Post
Dye was never buying the NPPL name.
PSP and an NPPL appointee have had several respectful discussions about PSP Events, LLC buying the NPPL's remaining IP and assets. At the conclusion of those discussions PSP ownership has decided against the buyout as it was presented.
What the NPPL and the APL will do is up to the decision makers in those leagues. I have no knowledge or concern with those plans.
The PSP will continue to provide events, continue to balance our business in a manner that maintains value and long term stability for the teams, players, industry, the sport, and our employees, to the best of our ability.
PSP has grown in a stagnant economy with a down industry because we offer a tournament focused on fair competition, we offer stability and dependability, and we focus on tournament paintball as our business core. Once we stabilized the functionality of our events, we broached the huge task of delivering our events to a larger worldwide audience with our webcast. Once we feel we have that project stable and maintainable, we will reach outside of the industry.
PSP is pacing ourselves for the long haul and not interested in short sighted ego induced endeavors, nor will we make knee jerk decisions to win meaningless sprints.
In the coming weeks PSP will announce new hires, new policy, new plans, and schedule/pricing/prize packages for 2014. Until those announcements are made, everyone would be better served by not putting their confidence in any rumor type info that makes it's way through the grapevine. It's almost always wrong in one way or another.
Thanks for the update
__________________
7pbA.com
ALL THINGS PAINTBALL & AIRSOFT
1143 E 9th St.
Lockport, IL 60441
(815) 588-1777


We always offer discounts to the Military, Police and Fire Departments.
7paintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 07:45 PM #108
ArchAngelIon
Based and Positive
 
ArchAngelIon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: CASTLE SHIKIGAMI
ArchAngelIon plays in the PSP
ArchAngelIon owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
ArchAngelIon posts videos on PbNation
ArchAngelIon is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lane Wright View Post
Truth
I wonder what shadowy organization is behind the NPPL v4.0? Thanks for setting the record straight.

On another note, if I play the NPPL and win, what are the odds of me getting the promised prize payout ?
__________________
I do not need assistance to rule this world,
Everything will grovel at my feet.

The only thing I find valuable, about your species, is the noises you make when you die.

Looking for Classic video games, will trade dollars: http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...7#post82009777
ArchAngelIon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 01:46 AM #109
paintballer37991
DedicationMakesGreatness
 
paintballer37991's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Nor Cal 707
paintballer37991 is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
paintballer37991 is BST Legit
paintballer37991 plays in the PSP
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArchAngelIon View Post
I wonder what shadowy organization is behind the NPPL v4.0? Thanks for setting the record straight.

On another note, if I play the NPPL and win, what are the odds of me getting the promised prize payout ?
Your odds are 100% haha. We won the last 3 events and they paid out prizes on the spot. I hope the best for the NPPL and any league that promotes paintball. Looking forward to 2014
paintballer37991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 05:56 AM #110
Chiefier
'Mericuh.
 
Chiefier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: SATX
Chiefier is playing at Living Legends VII
Chiefier owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Chiefier supports Empire
Good news.
__________________
Luxe Mob v55
Chiefier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 07:57 AM #111
atshii
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
atshii is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by paintballer37991 View Post
Your odds are 100% haha. We won the last 3 events and they paid out prizes on the spot. I hope the best for the NPPL and any league that promotes paintball. Looking forward to 2014
Wasn't those paid by the new organization (Paintball Promotions?), not NPPL?
atshii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 09:37 PM #112
paintballer37991
DedicationMakesGreatness
 
paintballer37991's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Nor Cal 707
paintballer37991 is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
paintballer37991 is BST Legit
paintballer37991 plays in the PSP
Quote:
Originally Posted by atshii View Post
Wasn't those paid by the new organization (Paintball Promotions?), not NPPL?
Correct
paintballer37991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 02:37 AM #113
dominantgazelle
Cal Poly San Luis Obispo
 
dominantgazelle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Foothill Ranch
dominantgazelle plays in the APPA D4 division
dominantgazelle is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
dominantgazelle supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lane Wright View Post
Dye was never buying the NPPL name.
PSP and an NPPL appointee have had several respectful discussions about PSP Events, LLC buying the NPPL's remaining IP and assets. At the conclusion of those discussions PSP ownership has decided against the buyout as it was presented.
What the NPPL and the APL will do is up to the decision makers in those leagues. I have no knowledge or concern with those plans.
The PSP will continue to provide events, continue to balance our business in a manner that maintains value and long term stability for the teams, players, industry, the sport, and our employees, to the best of our ability.
PSP has grown in a stagnant economy with a down industry because we offer a tournament focused on fair competition, we offer stability and dependability, and we focus on tournament paintball as our business core. Once we stabilized the functionality of our events, we broached the huge task of delivering our events to a larger worldwide audience with our webcast. Once we feel we have that project stable and maintainable, we will reach outside of the industry.
PSP is pacing ourselves for the long haul and not interested in short sighted ego induced endeavors, nor will we make knee jerk decisions to win meaningless sprints.
In the coming weeks PSP will announce new hires, new policy, new plans, and schedule/pricing/prize packages for 2014. Until those announcements are made, everyone would be better served by not putting their confidence in any rumor type info that makes it's way through the grapevine. It's almost always wrong in one way or another.
Reading this makes me excited for the future of tournament paintball.
dominantgazelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 10:32 AM #114
MikeE
Kiwi Baller
 
MikeE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: San Diego, CA
 has been a member for 10 years
MikeE plays in the APPA D5 division
MikeE has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
MikeE has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
What I'd like to see happen:

NPPL to be put to pasture or focus on one off events (preferably using the same rules as below)
  • PSP to run North American Events
  • Millennium Series to run European Events
  • PALS to run Asia Pacific Events

ALL THREE Major series to run the exact same rules, field size, ROF and ramping mode, the only different being the centre and "race" barricades on the field for branding purposes.

ALL THREE major series to use the same player and team classification system.

ALL THREE major series points to be accrued for a worldwide league champion, rather than leagues claiming to have world cups on every continent.

Then we will have a sport to be proud of, people play the same game regardless of state, country or continent.

That would make me a happy camper, oh well, I guess one can dream...
MikeE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 04:44 PM #115
dominantgazelle
Cal Poly San Luis Obispo
 
dominantgazelle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Foothill Ranch
dominantgazelle plays in the APPA D4 division
dominantgazelle is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
dominantgazelle supports DLX Technology
I agree with most of that but I don't really see only one World Cup happening
dominantgazelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 07:51 AM #116
fallan11
Carter
 
fallan11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Ohio
fallan11 supports Team VICIOUS
Quote:
Originally Posted by dominantgazelle View Post
I agree with most of that but I don't really see only one World Cup happening

fail
__________________
RIP RECKLESS D1X
fallan11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 04:33 PM #117
Inh4l3
I love the peesh
 
Inh4l3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: 973
Inh4l3 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Inh4l3 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Inh4l3 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Committed Paintball View Post
4 pages later.......I am still laughing at this picture, thinking why are we not stopping
Inh4l3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 05:27 PM #118
kwik
Herbal Cultivar M.D.
 
kwik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Annual Supporting Member
kwik is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
kwik is playing at Living Legends VII
kwik supports Team VICIOUS
kwik supports Pev's Paintball
kwik is Legendary
kwik supports Empire
Thx, I missed that one on the original post, that is freakin great....made my coworkers look at me for laughing.
__________________
"The Harder the World, The Fiercer the Honor."

ICD-Owners
kwik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 10:54 AM #119
emast78
 
 
emast78's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: spring, tx
emast78 is an NCPA player
emast78 plays in the APPA D5 division
Bring an event to texas, I know of a lot of people and teams who'd give it a shot but don't wanna travel for an NPPL event
emast78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 03:04 PM #120
Kenny OKC
In Memory of Steve
 
Kenny OKC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Oregon
Kenny OKC plays in the PSP
Kenny OKC owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Kenny OKC owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Kenny OKC plays in the APPA D5 division
I'd love to see an event late summer in the PacNW! Unless you like playing in 100 degree heat, or humidity. We don't serve that around here! Just perfect paintball weather!
__________________
Matt Criscione
WCPS P-Town Pumpers-Pump Series Champions 2011
PSP PDX VexX & APC
Team Blacksheep
Kenny OKC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 02:15 AM #121
dye4lifepaintball
 
 
dye4lifepaintball's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Not to derail the thread, but can someone tell me what the state of paintball is right now? I know for sure it is no where near the popularity it was from 2003-2006 when the sport peaked. What happened? I saw they still had the tournament in Huntington this year and thought for old times sake, let's check it out. This used to be the premier tournament to play in besides World Cup. Hundreds of teams and vendors would pack the Main Street area and it was quite a draw for spectators.

This year it was the exact opposite. There were hardly any vendors and not nearly enough teams as there was from the last time I went (2007). Again, what happened? 7 man used to be the **** and this tournament used to be booming with popularity. I thought about playing again, but not a single person I used to play with has their gear and have moved on to other things like many others have. It was very discouraging and again, playing paintball became an afterthought. For those who have not stopped playing, I would love to hear your insight and opinions. I apologize for the long rant, but it really bummed me out seeing how irrelevant the NPPL has become and paintball in general.
dye4lifepaintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 03:05 AM #122
tjboss
Absolute Chaos
 
tjboss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Greenville, SC
tjboss plays in the PSP
tjboss is playing at Living Legends VII
tjboss supports Team VICIOUS
tjboss supports Team VICIOUS
Quote:
Originally Posted by dye4lifepaintball View Post
Not to derail the thread, but can someone tell me what the state of paintball is right now? I know for sure it is no where near the popularity it was from 2003-2006 when the sport peaked. What happened? I saw they still had the tournament in Huntington this year and thought for old times sake, let's check it out. This used to be the premier tournament to play in besides World Cup. Hundreds of teams and vendors would pack the Main Street area and it was quite a draw for spectators.

This year it was the exact opposite. There were hardly any vendors and not nearly enough teams as there was from the last time I went (2007). Again, what happened? 7 man used to be the **** and this tournament used to be booming with popularity. I thought about playing again, but not a single person I used to play with has their gear and have moved on to other things like many others have. It was very discouraging and again, playing paintball became an afterthought. For those who have not stopped playing, I would love to hear your insight and opinions. I apologize for the long rant, but it really bummed me out seeing how irrelevant the NPPL has become and paintball in general.
In the "war of leagues" NPPL simply lost. Xball and 7-man shared the spotlight for a while but the leagues focused on different things from what I can tell. PSP/NXL focused on making the sport more spectator friendly and having a more professional environment and the NPPL focused on making it more of a professional sport facade on big venues (like vegas and HB) and recently the management has done horrible, such as last year X-factor received half of it's pay-out for their 1st place I believe. I don't know if that was ever resolved though, and most of what I just said was opinion that I tried to keep unbiased. But overall I believe it comes down to that x-ball focused on keeping itself relevant and NPPL was riding it's former glory.

But the NPPL in no way reflects the state of paintball. It isn't the same as when it was in it's peak but it's not nearly as dead as it seems. You might not have people you know from before but go out and play, meet new people and find new teams just like you did the first time. It's still completely worth it
__________________
Absolute Chaos
2013 CFOA D5 Season Champs!
tjboss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 03:58 AM #123
Paper_or_Plastic
 
 
Paper_or_Plastic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: 303/720/619
Paper_or_Plastic plays in the PSP
Paper_or_Plastic owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Paper_or_Plastic supports Empire
Everyone act's like 03-06 was some sort of mystical land. Honestly the PSP is better than ever. It grows every single year, tournament paintball is arguably bigger today than it ever was. In my opinion paintball has never been healthier.
__________________
Colorado
Paper_or_Plastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 06:24 AM #124
vijil
Giant Paintball Robot
 
vijil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: New Zealand
Quote:
Originally Posted by dye4lifepaintball View Post
What happened?
The recession.

It turns out that unless the economy is in megaboom mode there is only room for one big national league, and the PSP won that war hands down. If you want old school ball the PSP now run 10man and pump and woodsball events alongside.

HB is probably a done thing. The biggest event by far is now PSP WC at fantasy of flight - think there were over 400 teams last time around. Paintball is not dead, it's just different.

As for the rest of it I'll echo MikeE's sentiments. Everyone needs to be using the same rules worldwide sooner or later. Honestly the rules need plenty of work before then though - there are some good, simple ways to get around focal point and watchability issues that don't involve a ground up rework and don't involve a completely new format.

Last edited by vijil : 01-15-2014 at 08:06 AM.
vijil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 08:25 AM #125
tweeter4
Ascendant PB
 
tweeter4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Lancaster PA
tweeter4 posts videos on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paper_or_Plastic View Post
Everyone act's like 03-06 was some sort of mystical land. Honestly the PSP is better than ever. It grows every single year, tournament paintball is arguably bigger today than it ever was. In my opinion paintball has never been healthier.
Right. Because the Psp have 60-70 teams in d2. 30 in d1 and 16 in pro was worse than now. You must have not played much in the glory years when tournaments were at their best and companies were thriving. Now everything is monopolized by 3 main companies and the PSP is all anyway plays. People figured out it's way easier to win in 5 man because individual talent shines in it
tweeter4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 06:01 PM #126
Racso
It R go good w/ Pizza
 
Racso's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: The Nati
Annual Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Racso owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Racso is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by tweeter4 View Post
Right. Because the Psp have 60-70 teams in d2. 30 in d1 and 16 in pro was worse than now. You must have not played much in the glory years when tournaments were at their best and companies were thriving.
Companies weren't just thriving but there were more companies as well. On top of that Wal-Mart, K-Mart, and pretty much Anything-Mart could have almost a whoel aisle dedicated to paintball stuff. Now many stores don't sell any pb stuff, and if they do, its a tiny selection of JT crap next to the airsoft toys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tweeter4 View Post
People figured out it's way easier to win in 5 man because individual talent shines in it
I don't think that is case. 5 man is cheaper, so for local stuff that is just easier to do. As for pro, NPPL was horribly run, so everyone started jumping ship.
__________________
Total Feedback:
eBay 37/0/0, Old PbN 1/0/0, PBR 3/0/0
56/0/0
Racso is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyNews Ups


Paintball News Rules
  1. No Upping threads. If you have something to say, please do, but don't post in the thread just to take it to the top of the forum.
  2. Do not post "1st post", "1st", "First post" or anything similar (or with any other number) at any point in a thread, even if you post a comment too. It is really annoying and it will result in a ban.
  3. If you don't like something, say why instead of just calling it ugly, lame, gay or any other name. If it is old, simply post a link or report the post with a link to the older News thread.
  4. Please don't post links for places to buy items. That encourages stores, sponsored players and other people to do it and spam the site.
If you have questions, please post them in the Talk to Mods/Admins forum.

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
Forum Jump