PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 11-26-2013, 10:42 AM #1
belzarrath

has been a member for 10 years
Lpr cheapskate higher!

This last weekend the quest started blowing paint. I thought it was the hopper, but then I noticed that the lpr would cheap from 110 to about 300, it was a stead increase about 10 psi 30seconds. It would cheap without firing or while firing. I'm sure it's an oring or something simple but I would like some suggestions.
belzarrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 11-26-2013, 10:46 AM #2
belzarrath

Stupid iPad

Sorry iPad changed title spelling and I didn't catch it
Old 11-26-2013, 11:31 AM #3
tacxplosion

Sounds like either HP air leaking into the LP side (check the sticky for troubleshooting) or a faulty LPR core valve (the first being the more likely culprit).
tacxplosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 08:45 PM #4
belzarrath

I switched the o rings arround with no improvement. I will buy an oring kit and replace them all.
Old 11-27-2013, 05:26 PM #5
belzarrath

replaced all the orings on the pin and bolt the lpr guage still increases in pressure. The bolt does not moved forward.
Will oiling the reg and checkin orings in lpr help. It does not sound fun to get and replace the lpr.
Old 11-27-2013, 06:37 PM #6
tacxplosion

have you tried lubing with dow33 or 55, they're thicker and help seal better (55 will expand the o'rings and make a better seal), might as well lube the LPR and take the core out to inspect it. If that doesn't fix it, I'm afraid you'll have to change the LPR core valve, not that they're expensive by any means.
tacxplosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013, 04:37 PM #7
Demo2222

Annual Supporting Member
Demo2222 is playing at Living Legends VII
Demo2222 supports Empire
Replace the orings between the vert Asa and the body and live em with Dow 55 if you can otherwise 33 should be ok.
Also to test if the lp valve is sealing remove the lpr cap and the piston so that the valve is Chillin there. Then air it up- if it's leaks out of the lpr still then you have an issue with the valve or air mixing right above the- either it is not seated well or it just needs a new one...

Last edited by Demo2222 : 11-30-2013 at 11:40 AM.
Demo2222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013, 04:40 PM #8
Demo2222

Annual Supporting Member
Demo2222 is playing at Living Legends VII
Demo2222 supports Empire
The lpr is actually very simple- all it is is the cap adjustment screw the piston, spring, and the valve-
As you turn in the adjustment screw you open the valve to allow a controlled pressure through.
To get the valve out you just use small needle nose pliers to turn the base (not the spring)

Last edited by Demo2222 : 11-30-2013 at 11:41 AM.
Demo2222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 03:04 PM #9
belzarrath

Ok, Finally had time to work on it. Well the valve wasn't bad to remove, but I would recommend very thin needle nose pliers. unfortunately mine was in very tight, but I did get mine removed. Spring seemed tight, so I lubed the o-rings, lightly. After some adjustment the marker was firing and the pressure gauge held steady. I hope this cures it. Thank you for all the help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demo2222 View Post
The lpr is actually very simple- all it is is the cap adjustment screw the piston, spring, and the valve-
As you turn in the adjustment screw you open the valve to allow a controlled pressure through.
To get the valve out you just use small needle nose pliers to turn the base (not the spring)