Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 11-22-2013, 06:55 AM #1
DyeKillers149

Angry Rap4 T68 JEN7

Hello, I am in need of some help I own a Rap4 T68 jen7 paintball marker and I just got the new DMAG upgrade kit for it but when I went to the field to use it, it would only shoot 4 or 5 rounds out of a twenty round mag and I dont know if it is the air or what I got a 13cubic inch tank (Rap4) brand also the tank seems to come unscrewed a little bit I am using the air in stock.

DyeKillers149 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 11-23-2013, 03:20 PM #2
lone_eagle

lone_eagle is playing at Living Legends VI
lone_eagle has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
lone_eagle has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
lone_eagle is attending Decay of Nations VI
DyeKillers is the mag not loading or the marker not firing after the 4-5 shots?

if it stopped firing completely and you still have air in your tank check the o-rings on your bolt and hammer.

also if you have the lok-bolt on your marker it could be that the rounds didnt properly load and you just need to give the mag a smack and recharge the marker

let me know if any of that helps.
lone_eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 07:59 PM #3
DyeKillers149

Yes the marker is not shooting I will check the O-rings tonight or tomorrow I noticed that my tank starts to come unscrewed when I first start using it Do you think that could be the problem? is it not getting enough air?

Thanks: I hope it works sorry cant try to shoot it tonight it is a little to late to shoot it
Old 11-23-2013, 08:23 PM #4
DyeKillers149

Well all of the O-rings are new when the tank backs out it seems to stop firing but when I tighten it it seems to shoot the mag.

Do ya now how to stop the tank from unscrewing?

Thanks: other than that thanks If I have this problem again I will change everything in the gun.
Old 11-24-2013, 09:52 AM #5
lone_eagle

Not sure how/why the tank would be unscrewing i've never had that happen to me......

and to clarify is the bonnet from the tank coming loose or is it threading out of the the ASA?
Old 11-24-2013, 12:37 PM #6
ReynardHonda

Quote:
Originally Posted by lone_eagle View Post
Not sure how/why the tank would be unscrewing i've never had that happen to me......

and to clarify is the bonnet from the tank coming loose or is it threading out of the the ASA?
Lone_Eagle. This is my 13 year olds marker. All orings on all internals have been recently changed.

It's the weirdest thing, I would describe it as more that the tank doesn't seem to seat properly right away rather than unscrews (although I did tell the little dude it seems to unscrew, so my bad, lol). You screw the tank in as far as it seems to go, slap your mag in, prime the cocking lever fire off about 3 shots then 'click', won't fire. At this point you give the tank another half to 3/4 of a turn into the ASA, re-prime and voila... no more issues.

The bonnet is tight and it doesn't seem to have any play. Tell you though, once that tank seats properly it holds in place like dynamite and is very difficult to remove until the tank is empty as it should be.
" Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat."
~Theodore Roosvelt

Last edited by ReynardHonda : 11-24-2013 at 12:40 PM.
ReynardHonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 08:08 PM #7
lone_eagle

It sounds like the pin on the tank is activating and its pressurizing on the marker before the tank is screwed all the way in. firing those 3 shots shoots the pressure that built up out and lets you finish screwing it in.

As far as the removal it is hard due to it not having an on/off system and the pressure is holding in all the threads so that is pretty normal.

A trick i would try would be to put the tank on the marker full in and then air it up.

hope that helps feel free to PM directly with questions.