[805]$SLOTOWN$

LiveStrngDieStrng07 is BST Trusted
LiveStrngDieStrng07 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
LiveStrngDieStrng07 supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmflexxx View Post
Oh jeez...

The original post suggesting the LV1 is hypersensitive to routine changes like bore sizing needs to be removed or edited heavily to avoid future confusion/rumors like this.
Exactly why I asked Russel to clear everything up but someone had to throw the sh*t in the fan again….
1 of 24 GI SPORTZ EGO LV1 "Veni Vidi Vici"

GEARBAG SALE

---ThaLuXeMoB---
LiveStrngDieStrng07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 09:44 PM #129
Unholy780
UHOLY

Annual Supporting Member
Unholy780 is playing at Living Legends VII
Unholy780 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Unholy780 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Unholy780 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Unholy780 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Unholy780 has perfected Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
unholy

hey any one no if this is better then a freak kit?
Unholy780 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 02:18 PM #130
HustlePaintball-com
www.hustlepaintball.com

Annual Supporting Member
HustlePaintball-com is an Ultimate field/store owner
HustlePaintball-com owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
HustlePaintball-com owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Good neewwwwss everybody! Tips just came in and a lot of you should be receiving an email momentarily about your order shipping out today - aawww yeaaahhh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unholy780 View Post
hey any one no if this is better then a freak kit?
Depends on who you ask. The Freak Kit has a huge following - it's affordable, there's a lot of Freak-ready barrels out there, a lot of people have inserts, etc..

As far as quality goes a standard Freak insert is just thin aluminum. If you drop it there's a high change you can ding/misshapen it. With a barrel kit that won't happen (well maybe the ding, but it won't warp the barrel) unless you really try to abuse your barrel or take a really nasty dive.

Do I think it's better in general? Yes. Is this the Kit-To-End-All-Kits? Ehh, I think so due to the great boring sizes AND three tip options but everyone has there own opinions on kits because we all have this story where "that one time I did this one thing with this one kit and it was awesome" which is totally fine. I personally think the Freak Kit is fantastic but it's not my first choice

-Russell
HustlePaintball-com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 05:25 PM #131
LiveStrngDieStrng07
[805]$SLOTOWN$

^^^ Thanks for the good news Russel! I look forward to that email, but looking forward to getting the new tips even more! Yea buddy.

GEARBAG SALE

---ThaLuXeMoB---
Old 09-26-2013, 07:57 PM #132
LiveStrngDieStrng07
[805]$SLOTOWN$

Got the barrel tips from HustlePB, thanks a lot Russel and rest of the staff! Got my LV1 looking fly and shooting ropes. Here's the 16 in on it..

GEARBAG SALE

---ThaLuXeMoB---
Old 11-11-2013, 06:56 PM #133
RUSSOR

Annual Supporting Member
RUSSOR owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
My Pathogen kit just came in and i noticed a couple things right off the bat. I noticed a lot of loose play as I screwed the backs in. More so then any other back I have ever screwed in. Thats why it stuck out to me right away. After that I took out my bolt on m Etek 4 and noticed that most, not all, the backs do not sit centered when attached to the gun. They are off center. Some off to the right, left, top, bottom. Just so i wasnt imagineing things i did the same on my Freak, Dye, and Fuse kits and they were ALL perfectly centered. Its a shame because it really is a good kit for the money but small issues like this have made me return it. There was also a couple small nicks and even a knuckle sticking up on some of the backs. It mightve not even affected a shot but still, it shouldnt be there at all, especially when i compared it to other kits.
RUSSOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 09:24 AM #134
VeS206

VeS206 is playing at Living Legends VII
Russor.. thats why i sent mine back and picked up a freak barrel kit.
Old 11-24-2013, 12:05 PM #135
rjsonne54
Best Coast is no Coast

Annual Supporting Member
rjsonne54 posts videos on PbNation
rjsonne54 is an NCPA player
rjsonne54 plays in the APPA D4 division
rjsonne54 is a top reviewer
rjsonne54 is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by RUSSOR View Post
My Pathogen kit just came in and i noticed a couple things right off the bat. I noticed a lot of loose play as I screwed the backs in. More so then any other back I have ever screwed in. Thats why it stuck out to me right away. After that I took out my bolt on m Etek 4 and noticed that most, not all, the backs do not sit centered when attached to the gun. They are off center. Some off to the right, left, top, bottom. Just so i wasnt imagineing things i did the same on my Freak, Dye, and Fuse kits and they were ALL perfectly centered. Its a shame because it really is a good kit for the money but small issues like this have made me return it. There was also a couple small nicks and even a knuckle sticking up on some of the backs. It mightve not even affected a shot but still, it shouldnt be there at all, especially when i compared it to other kits.
good job noticing this. definitely wont be getting it now. plus it would be nice if there were color options, not just black. one reason I would prefer this to a freak kit is that the freak kits are molded aluminum, meaning they aren't bored out. I don't think they could do that with these barrel backs, making it more accurate, even by the slightest. but if they sit off center, not worth it.

TEAM VIDEO HERE!!!

MIDWEST MAYHEM
SDSU JACKRABBITS
rjsonne54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 01:57 PM #136
RyanR
accuracy by volume

has been a member for 10 years
RyanR is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by RUSSOR View Post
After your experience with this barrel kit, I'm really curious how you still consider it "a really good kit for the money."..?

IOG
RyanR is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyNews Ups

Paintball News Rules
  1. No Upping threads. If you have something to say, please do, but don't post in the thread just to take it to the top of the forum.
  2. Do not post "1st post", "1st", "First post" or anything similar (or with any other number) at any point in a thread, even if you post a comment too. It is really annoying and it will result in a ban.
  3. If you don't like something, say why instead of just calling it ugly, lame, gay or any other name. If it is old, simply post a link or report the post with a link to the older News thread.
  4. Please don't post links for places to buy items. That encourages stores, sponsored players and other people to do it and spam the site.
If you have questions, please post them in the Talk to Mods/Admins forum.