PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Closed Thread

Old 11-14-2013, 10:07 PM #1996
]TSS[ Dake
Insight and Hilarity

has been a member for 10 years
Actually I almost did. Coded upon arrival.

Bats make the world a better place. To find out how and sponsor them, click here.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 11-14-2013, 11:44 PM #1997
black_angus
hooah hooah hooah hooah

I approve of new thread title.
Hate the Cowboys? Show it here.
Old 11-15-2013, 02:27 AM #1998
The Wizard
BossPlaya.345

The Wizard has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
The Wizard has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
That's really badass. Glad you're okay and glad someone got pics

"Originally posted by Menace: my dad works for nasa and has a laser detector that reflects the laser back at the cop and makes his gun explode."

"Originally posted by ClawHammer: STI's are handed down by god himself, NOTHING is faster then an STI."
Old 11-15-2013, 02:28 AM #1999
Mr.Familiar
We're all the same

Any dain bramage?

How much did that surgery cost, if you don't mind me asking. I'm curious.

Poor man, living a rich life
"Lay your facts by the side of every-day practices of this nation and you will say with me that, for revolting barbarity and shameless hypocrisy, America reigns without a rival." -Frederick Douglass
Old 11-15-2013, 02:34 AM #2000
Mr.Familiar
We're all the same

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barber View Post
How is the SW United States still around?
How much did each test cost?
How many of these tests occurred while Clinton was in office?
brb- never moving to Arizona or Nevada.
brb- more military spending than the rest of the world... for how many years...? And still going
brb- nuke tests from 1945-1998. So not all that many under Clinton. I doubt that all of them were the sizes that we saw at WWII. I'm sure they have been testing them to make them smaller/more efficient, but I'm still completely ignorant as to what is being tested and why. It seems just a bit excessive, however.

Poor man, living a rich life
"Lay your facts by the side of every-day practices of this nation and you will say with me that, for revolting barbarity and shameless hypocrisy, America reigns without a rival." -Frederick Douglass
Old 11-15-2013, 03:25 AM #2001
]TSS[ Dake
Insight and Hilarity

Bleeds for a couple days, no apparent damage.

No idea. Harborview provided it all to me under charity care. Which is amazing as I am uninsured, and medical costs would certainly have changed my life.

Bats make the world a better place. To find out how and sponsor them, click here.
Old 11-15-2013, 07:20 AM #2002
CobraXX
Klasic

The hospitals have so much each year they can write off. Awesome they went ahead and did it though instead of you having to contact them and try to get it reduced. My brother in law got hit on his motorcycle and broke his tibula and fibula in one leg, and his collar bone on the other side. 180k in medical bills and all he had to do was give them the 10k from the other persons insurance (bare minimum liability). The guy was coming from the opposite direction and turned right in front of him so he t-boned a van on his bike. Couldn't sue the dude because he doesn't own anything. Lives in section 8 housing, on food stamps, van is in his wifes name, yadda yadda.
"Basically just take control of your life man and transcend your environment. Realize there is no need to be bored when there is nearly an infinite amount of mysteries yet to be discovered in our universe. Even closer to infinite is the things you have yet to learn in life, that you could be learning everyday. Don't take any second of your life for granted man."
Old 11-15-2013, 08:22 AM #2003
Death_Taco
Come at me bro.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Familiar View Post
brb- never moving to Arizona or Nevada.
brb- more military spending than the rest of the world... for how many years...? And still going
brb- nuke tests from 1945-1998. So not all that many under Clinton. I doubt that all of them were the sizes that we saw at WWII. I'm sure they have been testing them to make them smaller/more efficient, but I'm still completely ignorant as to what is being tested and why. It seems just a bit excessive, however.
Take back what you said about AZ. Place is awesome.
Old 11-15-2013, 08:41 AM #2004
Dirtybirdy51
Fuark!

Dirtybirdy51 is a Paintball photographer
inb4 System...
Originally posted by Black Angus: "So, apparently, if you post in the mountain climbing thread that you enjoy climbing because you can fap off the top of the mountain and watch your *** fly in the wind, you get banned."
AUD- passed, REG- passed, BEC- passed, FAR- scores due 3/10
Old 11-15-2013, 11:39 AM #2005
WorldStrike
PBN's Dick

WorldStrike supports Bob Gurnsey
WorldStrike posts videos on PbNation
WorldStrike has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
WorldStrike has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtybirdy51 View Post
inb4 System...
We have at least until 2 or 3am.

Also, Dake: Glad you made it through big guy
Says she don't see what all the ticking's for
Old 11-15-2013, 12:10 PM #2006
BCdude
The O-fishel

BCdude helped look for balloons
Damn that's nasty looking. Definitely a good thing you made it through!

NCSU Paintball
Old 11-15-2013, 12:25 PM #2007
black_angus
hooah hooah hooah hooah

So apparently my scale at home is under by five pounds. I was about 181 on it today, but then I was 186 at the gym (a calibrated scale) about an hour and a half later. This isn't catastrophic by any means, but it does mean I will have to do a bit of heat therapy (i.e. heat on full blast while wearing an extra layer or two on the drive to Dubuque, and possibly some hot bath/shower work at the hotel) today to make sure I'm under. I lose about two pounds overnight night, so it isn't an extreme cut by any means.

I'm already fasting, and this was my plan anyway. I'm going to take another caffeine pill around noon to act as a mild diuretic. I asked the meet promoter if I could check my weight on the meet scale tonight, and he said yes. So, I will know exactly where I'm at by around 7pm tonight, which gives me plenty of time to do extra cutting if need be.

I will have all day Saturday to rehydrate and put the weight back on, which will be super easy. This doesn't change much for me; I just need to be more cognizant of how accurate my scale at home is compared to a calibrated scale.
Old 11-15-2013, 12:50 PM #2008
Hawke

Good luck BA.
Old 11-15-2013, 09:09 PM #2009
black_angus
hooah hooah hooah hooah

Thanks. I am settled in here at the hotel. I got to check my weight on the meet scale at around 6:30--I was 182, which is perfect. I'm wearing my waffles to bed to sweat out a bit extra as insurance, but I normally lose 2 pounds overnight so I am not worried.

Tomorrow will be a glorious day of rehydrating and getting my bloat on. I will have all day to watch the meet, including the Lilliebridges, Pete Rubish, Derek Kendall, and a ton of other awesome lifters. This 24 hour weigh-in thing is ****ing awesome.
Old 11-15-2013, 11:48 PM #2010
CobraXX
Klasic

Jelly. In February I'm going to be in Madison/Milwaukee and I'm going to lift with some buddies of mine who lift at Madtown Fitness (Where Rubish lifts now). You should definitely make the drive up, unless it's really far from where you are and lift with us.
"Basically just take control of your life man and transcend your environment. Realize there is no need to be bored when there is nearly an infinite amount of mysteries yet to be discovered in our universe. Even closer to infinite is the things you have yet to learn in life, that you could be learning everyday. Don't take any second of your life for granted man."
Old 11-16-2013, 06:10 AM #2011
SYSTEM
Notomated

SYSTEM is a Mega Moderator
SYSTEM is a Supporting Member
SYSTEM donated to help Peyton Trent
SYSTEM supports Bob Gurnsey
Thread has over 2000 posts. Continue here: http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=4046271
This SYSTEM user account is not controlled by a person. It's primary function is to automatically split large threads. System also masks the identity of staff members who give infractions. If you have a question, or if SYSTEM becomes self-aware, please post it in the Talk to Mods/Admins section.
Closed Thread