Old 10-30-2013, 08:28 PM #22
Winning?
I sometimes just... meow

Annual Supporting Member
Winning? is BST Trusted
Winning? supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathwish_DW View Post
Testing around thanksgiving for the final tests/performance video/etc. After that ~ 1 month for production.
So what you're saying is these will be in stock so "Santa" can deliver them (; (;
Advertisement
Old 10-30-2013, 08:40 PM #23
Deathwish_DW
Becker PB / Two Fat Guys

Annual Supporting Member
Deathwish_DW helped look for balloons
Deathwish_DW is playing at Living Legends III
Deathwish_DW is playing at Living Legends VII
Deathwish_DW supports Sherwood Forest
Deathwish_DW is Legendary
Deathwish_DW supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winning? View Post
So what you're saying is these will be in stock so "Santa" can deliver them (; (;
What I am saying is that this is the latest outlook.
We've "been ready" before. Compared to before, we are much more prepared and have refined certain aspects of the engine and added several features which I believe will allow our engine to succeed given its price point and features when compared to others.

All in all, we're aiming for this schedule. That's the best I can really tell you.
We will not release a product which is substandard. Jonathan and I have pretty high standards.. beating out everyone else is a pretty good start, but there are still a few tricks up our sleeves..

Becker@BeckerPaintball.com

Proud Dealer of: Bob Long - DLX - Ninja Paintball - GOG Deadlywind - Valken - MacDev - Inception Designs
*!* eBay◄2346+ PBNation◄310+ *!*
Deathwish_DW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 08:48 PM #24
Winning?
I sometimes just... meow

Annual Supporting Member
Winning? is BST Trusted
Winning? supports Empire
Quote:
What I am saying is that this is the latest outlook. We've "been ready" before. Compared to before, we are much more prepared and have refined certain aspects of the engine and added several features which I believe will allow our engine to succeed given its price point and features when compared to others. All in all, we're aiming for this schedule. That's the best I can really tell you. We will not release a product which is substandard. Jonathan and I have pretty high standards.. beating out everyone else is a pretty good start, but there are still a few tricks up our sleeves..
I'm in no rush (: I'm broke for now anyways. I bought myself a new V2 victory. I'll be satisfied for awhile.

I may end up buying a revi or threshold by the time these come out. (Not a diss. I buy and sell guns a lot)

But serious question. Do you guys have a website? That once they do come out. It will be very easy and accessible to buy these?
Or is it kind of like a pbnation and local store only kind of thing?
Old 10-30-2013, 08:50 PM #25
Lurker27
Engineering the Future

Annual Supporting Member
Lurker27 is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Lurker27 posts videos on PbNation
Lurker27 has been published on the PbNation Youtube Channel
Quote:
68/45 tests seem like they are hardly ever accurate everyone always has there's at "3900 psi" or "4100" due to the cooling effect of when you fill it and let it sit. No one continually gets it to exactly 4500. I just like being able to do the math because most fields only fill to 3000 psi. I don't like guessing how many pods 1000-1500 psi are...
Also, 4500->4000 is a different beast compared to 1000->500 etc

I like using a smaller tank
Old 10-30-2013, 08:54 PM #26
Winning?
I sometimes just... meow

Annual Supporting Member
Winning? is BST Trusted
Winning? supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lurker27 View Post
Also, 4500->4000 is a different beast compared to 1000->500 etc I like using a smaller tank
I'm fairly new to paintball in case that isn't blatantly obvious. What is the difference other than shoot down from the tank reg out put pressure?
Old 10-30-2013, 08:58 PM #27
Deathwish_DW
Becker PB / Two Fat Guys

Annual Supporting Member
Deathwish_DW helped look for balloons
Deathwish_DW is playing at Living Legends III
Deathwish_DW is playing at Living Legends VII
Deathwish_DW supports Sherwood Forest
Deathwish_DW is Legendary
Deathwish_DW supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Also, 4500->4000 is a different beast compared to 1000->500 etc

I like using a smaller tank
And I can weigh the tanks to get a better idea of comparably filled tanks. Since he pushes 3k+, if I let them sit x amount of time, I can ensure they're filled equally that way too.

It's also less paint..

Quote:
I'm in no rush (: I'm broke for now anyways. I bought myself a new V2 victory. I'll be satisfied for awhile.

I may end up buying a revi or threshold by the time these come out. (Not a diss. I buy and sell guns a lot)

But serious question. Do you guys have a website? That once they do come out. It will be very easy and accessible to buy these?
Or is it kind of like a pbnation and local store only kind of thing?
Sir, I am a gun whore. I know how that goes.

We do not.
With the mech kits and such, we have them listed on MCarterBrown.
We will probably list everything up on here once we get the initial run made so that way the cost of advertising on PBN isn't prohibitive.

Becker@BeckerPaintball.com

Proud Dealer of: Bob Long - DLX - Ninja Paintball - GOG Deadlywind - Valken - MacDev - Inception Designs
*!* eBay◄2346+ PBNation◄310+ *!*
Deathwish_DW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 09:02 PM #28
Winning?
I sometimes just... meow

Annual Supporting Member
Winning? is BST Trusted
Winning? supports Empire
Quote:
And I can weigh the tanks to get a better idea of comparably filled tanks. Since he pushes 3k+, if I let them sit x amount of time, I can ensure they're filled equally that way too. It's also less paint.. Sir, I am a gun whore. I know how that goes. We do not. With the mech kits and such, we have them listed on MCarterBrown. We will probably list everything up on here once we get the initial run made so that way the cost of advertising on PBN isn't prohibitive.
I'm not trying to tell you what to do. But I loved how punk works did the efficiency test on the g6r.
You may know better than I. But it seemed like their numbers were legitimate when they maxed their psi at 2000 psi by firing the gun until it was at 2000 psi on the nose. So you don't have to play the game of filling-cooling-filling-cooling-and repeat lol.
I'm still learning so let me know if this way is incorrect (:
Old 10-30-2013, 09:12 PM #29
AoSpades
You want Boom Boom?

Annual Supporting Member
AoSpades is BST Trusted
AoSpades supports Cereal Killerz 2
AoSpades is playing at Living Legends V
AoSpades is playing at Living Legends VI
AoSpades is playing at Living Legends VII
AoSpades supports our troops
AoSpades is Legendary
Quote:
I'm not trying to tell you what to do. But I loved how punk works did the efficiency test on the g6r.
You may know better than I. But it seemed like their numbers were legitimate when they maxed their psi at 2000 psi by firing the gun until it was at 2000 psi on the nose. So you don't have to play the game of filling-cooling-filling-cooling-and repeat lol.
I'm still learning so let me know if this way is incorrect (:
Oh punkworks...

You bring up a good point. You could fill a 68/45 to ~4100 psi, from there shoot until you have used 2000 pounds, giving a nice easy way to do your numbers without having to deal with the heating/cooling aspect of filling your tank up as well as the shoot down issue once the tank gets to less than 1000 pounds.
AoSpades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 09:18 PM #30
firefoxx04
Up the Irons

firefoxx04 supports Bob Gurnsey
firefoxx04 supports DLX Technology
I agree

If I were to do a truly accurate efficiency test I would have large accurate gauges, two of them. And do the 4000psi to 2000psi. that would be the most accurate to avoid shootdown

It does not have to be a 68 tank though. The little baby 13ci tank can do the same thing from 3000psi to 1000psi with a LP regulator. Those regs wont have shootdown until 600-700psi maybe even less.

Small tanks save on paint, let the math do the work.
firefoxx04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 09:21 PM #31
Winning?
I sometimes just... meow

Annual Supporting Member
Winning? is BST Trusted
Winning? supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by AoSpades View Post
Oh punkworks... You bring up a good point. You could fill a 68/45 to ~4100 psi, from there shoot until you have used 2000 pounds, giving a nice easy way to do your numbers without having to deal with the heating/cooling aspect of filling your tank up as well as the shoot down issue once the tank gets to less than 1000 pounds.
Exactly and would you do it with an SLP reg? My g4 runs perfect on mine (I've heard issues with "shoot down" on other guns). Idk if you guys would increase your numbers THAT much by using one for the last 1000 psi or not.

But every 100 psi counts when you're talking about efficiency like the G6r.
Old 10-30-2013, 09:39 PM #32
Winning?
I sometimes just... meow

Annual Supporting Member
Winning? is BST Trusted
Winning? supports Empire
Quote:
Exactly and would you do it with an SLP reg? My g4 runs perfect on mine (I've heard issues with "shoot down" on other guns). Idk if you guys would increase your numbers THAT much by using one for the last 1000 psi or not. But every 100 psi counts when you're talking about efficiency like the G6r.
Disregard this. I was being dumb and not thinking. That area of pressure has too many variables. I didn't think that last statement through. Lol
Old 10-30-2013, 10:56 PM #33
AndrewTheWookie
Disciple of the dark side

AndrewTheWookie is playing at Living Legends V
AndrewTheWookie is playing at Living Legends VI
AndrewTheWookie is playing at Living Legends VII
Quote:
I wonder who here owns a revi or threshold...

WTB Chameleon .50 cal Freak kit
AndrewTheWookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 07:15 AM #34
AoSpades
You want Boom Boom?

Annual Supporting Member
AoSpades is BST Trusted
AoSpades supports Cereal Killerz 2
AoSpades is playing at Living Legends V
AoSpades is playing at Living Legends VI
AoSpades is playing at Living Legends VII
AoSpades supports our troops
AoSpades is Legendary
I hate to sound like a nag, but a full test with a 'full' fill of a 68/45, at least for this bolt would be a big help in boosting buyer confidence. The side by side tests using the 2000psi route is great, but after that saying something like, "now we're going to show you just how many shots you can get of the typical fill of a 68/45." Would basically be the final, "we've won" nail in the coffin. The sheer amount of paintballs being shown able to be shot off a full fill would, in my opinion be a vey smart thing to do. It doesn't need to be done with the other bolts because the general populace already know what stock vs. TechT gets.
AoSpades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 08:15 AM #35
Lurker27
Engineering the Future

Annual Supporting Member
Lurker27 is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Lurker27 posts videos on PbNation
Lurker27 has been published on the PbNation Youtube Channel
Quote:
I'm fairly new to paintball in case that isn't blatantly obvious. What is the difference other than shoot down from the tank reg out put pressure?
There are some thermodynamic effects.
Old 10-31-2013, 09:25 AM #36
Winning?
I sometimes just... meow

Annual Supporting Member
Winning? is BST Trusted
Winning? supports Empire
Quote:
There are some thermodynamic effects.
Sweet. Now I'm curious as to how these effect efficiency. Lol does anybody know if there's like a "stupid question" part of this forum? I hate to keep bothering you guys with questions that most of the paintball population already knows.

I agree with aospades on doing both tests. Seeing as people love it when there are pods thrown everywhere. (if the bolt does make that big of a difference) It could be a selling point.

I also think it might be beneficial to non G-4 owners to see what a side by side efficiency test with a stock g4 bolt is. (More paint being thrown at a wall might amuse people) It would also be funny to watch the g4 stock bolt die like 3 minutes in. And the other bolt trucking on for the remainder of the video.

The setup on the gun for the efficiency test. Would everything be bone stock? Except for the bolt obviously, or would you change out the barrel to underbore (to get even greater efficiency gains) and mess with the settings on the board to get the very most out of the bolt.

Just my thoughts. I do realize this is more paint and more money. But might be worth it in the long run coupled with a web site with pictures ,and the efficiency test video on the site. (:
Old 10-31-2013, 10:33 AM #37
firefoxx04
Up the Irons

firefoxx04 supports Bob Gurnsey
firefoxx04 supports DLX Technology
edit: I think a decent barrel choice and paint would be used for the test. Nobody uses a stock g3 barrel and crap paint and expects it to perform like everyone else.

You also have to take into consideration that not each bolt has the same "perfect" dwell settings. The techt bolt might shoot identical at 10ms dwell as it did at 12m dwell but use less air in the process while the stock bolt might fall on its face at 10ms and require 12ms. So would it be fair to test the after market bolts at the same dwell as stock or put each bolt to their "perfect" dwell.

Do we really know what stock and Techt gets though? honestly? I dont think there is documented G3 Techt information from a 3rd party. Its plenty, but thats all we know.

Side by side 13ci fills will be fine for comparing bolts and maybe a full fill to instil confidence, just like Spades said.

Last edited by firefoxx04 : 10-31-2013 at 10:36 AM.
firefoxx04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 12:43 PM #38
EosPrometheus
MY NINJ4

Annual Supporting Member
EosPrometheus plays in the APPA D4 division
I'm hoping one of those tricks is a g5 bolt as well. I'm macroless from now on. No more macroline nonsense.
Old 10-31-2013, 01:52 PM #39
rkenders
Northern Colorado

And everyone thought they could get rid of me mwahahahaha!

Any news of a new test run?

Quote:
Originally Posted by EosPrometheus View Post
I'm hoping one of those tricks is a g5 bolt as well. I'm macroless from now on. No more macroline nonsense.
And slowly but surely the rest of the paintball manufacturers figure out what Bob Long was doing with the
Ripper and G6R waaaaay back 3 years ago...and of course DLX too.

Last edited by rkenders : 10-31-2013 at 02:01 PM.
rkenders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 04:42 PM #40
Winning?
I sometimes just... meow

Annual Supporting Member
Winning? is BST Trusted
Winning? supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by firefoxx04 View Post
edit:

You also have to take into consideration that not each bolt has the same "perfect" dwell settings. The techt bolt might shoot identical at 10ms dwell as it did at 12m dwell but use less air in the process while the stock bolt might fall on its face at 10ms and require 12ms. So would it be fair to test the after market bolts at the same dwell as stock or put each bolt to their "perfect" dwell.
I think tuning each bolt to their "perfect" dwell would be fair seeing as thats something else that you can do to increase efficiency. minutely. but still.

Would you be underboring on this efficiency test with the 3 different bolts?(techt, stock ,and whatever this bolt is called) To get the highest efficiency out of all three?
Winning? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 05:27 PM #41
CA_Tectonics

Quote:
I think tuning each bolt to their "perfect" dwell would be fair seeing as thats something else that you can do to increase efficiency. minutely. but still.

Would you be underboring on this efficiency test with the 3 different bolts?(techt, stock ,and whatever this bolt is called) To get the highest efficiency out of all three?
Na. It's actually a grey area of believability by doing that. Too many questions arise such as......."oh, the stock bolt test was probably done with bad settings (dwell of 20)" . I think what clicks with people is a simple drop in. Literally all stock marker (at least barrel anyway) with it reasonabley tuned. Run stock bolt, swap bolt engines, run other bolt. If anyone has seen the Violent Series video for the Fusion/F8 bolt, you know what I mean.
7th Element board, TechT bolt engine, magnet trigger kit, REV-I PMD, Sly Dual Carbon barrel kit, Prophecy V2, Crossfire SS 68/4500
Black and Silver Dangerous Power F8
APE Rampage board, VS bolt, magnet trigger kit, F8 gauge, REDZ barrel kit, Halo B w/ Exalt feedgate, PMI 68/4500
Polished Aluminum and Red Dangerous Power F8
Virtue board, VS bolt, magnet trigger kit, Halo B w/ Exalt feedgate, PMI 68/4500
CA_Tectonics is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 05:44 PM #42
Winning?
I sometimes just... meow

Annual Supporting Member
Winning? is BST Trusted
Winning? supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by CA_Tectonics View Post
Na. It's actually a grey area of believability by doing that. Too many questions arise such as......."oh, the stock bolt test was probably done with bad settings (dwell of 20)" . I think what clicks with people is a simple drop in. Literally all stock marker (at least barrel anyway) with it reasonabley tuned. Run stock bolt, swap bolt engines, run other bolt. If anyone has seen the Violent Series video for the Fusion/F8 bolt, you know what I mean.
Makes more sense. You're Correct. It issss the interenet. Lol. Idt a well tuned g4 with a stock bolt comes even close to being efficient lol does it?

One other question. I've been told that the techt bolt still has bolt stick issues after 3 cases.
Has this issue been addressed on this newer bolt? Or is it just a design flaw altogether with dump valves?